SoInd420's Northern Lights Auto & Candy Cane Auto Indoor Grow

Hi SoInd420, that Kellogs soil gave me problems with my Candy Kush grow. Was having serious nutrient burns with my baby girls. The Kellogs organic soil that I was using was very high in Nitrogen content. I replanted both my girls using Fox Farms Happy Frog and plants responded really well. I'm about maybe 2 -3 weeks from harvest now.

Hi SoInd420, that Kellogs soil gave me problems with my Candy Kush grow. Was having serious nutrient burns with my baby girls. The Kellogs organic soil that I was using was very high in Nitrogen content. I replanted both my girls using Fox Farms Happy Frog and plants responded really well. I'm about maybe 2 -3 weeks from harvest now.
I bought Dr. Earth and replanted. Hopefully they rebound. Otherwise I'm brewing 5 more beans and starting over.

It was determined the organic soil I was using was too hot. Transferred to Dr. Earth soil and Perlite and gave a full dose of NukeHeads. I'm giving them until Wednesday night. If there no signs of improvement I'm germing 5 new beans. 22 days have already been wasted.

Hi, so last night I harvested my 2 girls. First plant gave 2.9 oz /83 G after trimming the buds. Have the buds drying now. Will let dry for about 7 days or so and then transfer to glass jars to begin curing process. Planning on trying first smoke on Thanksgiving Day. 2nd plant buds were airy, and very small. Didn’t consider worth the effort to try and trim the buds so the plant was stripped and will be used to make butter later this weekend. The butter will be used to make something; maybe brownies? Should give me an indication on potency of the plants.
Inspection of the plant roots showed well devolved root system, did not look like roots were compacted or root-bound. The 3-gallon live plant pots worked well. Have some 5-gallon live planters that will used on my next grow.
Grow Conclusion
This was my first grow which also was a learning process.
1. Don’t start seedlings using a lot of nutrients/ hot soil; their very easy to burn. (now using Fox Farms Happy Frog soil)
2. Avoid overwatering.
3. I have a small grow space, attempting to grow 2 plants caused some serious overcrowding and impacted overall health of the plants/yield. Will only grow 1 plant in that current grow box. Do have another desk cabinet that I am considering on converting.
4. Invest in a TDS meter to monitor PH runoff.
5. Invest in some more nutrients (Fox Farms Grow Schedule) and equipment, ie: digital microscope (jeweler’s loupe was hard to use) larger intake/outtake fans, (avg. temps were close to 100 degrees during the day)

Will be germinating some Barney’s Farm Feminized Acapulco Gold seeds next week and will hopefully be able to apply what I have learned to this new exciting grow and am expecting much better results.
Happy Growing

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom