SOJO's 1st BubbleGrow-Whitewidow Skunk/CFL/Grow Tent

Today is another hot day around my area. The room temp for the grow is around 85 to 86 and temp under the lights is 88. I have two fans running and I really can't bring the temp down low enough at this moment. Since the hot summer days are at hand, I just have to roll with the punches. I am trying to keep the reservoir cool, Ive been changing 1 gallon three times a day with cool water.

The seeds are sprouting slowly.

IMG_41771.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_41671.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

:welcome: to 420! Looks like you are off to a good start and getting excellent advise. +reps bro!
Adding an exhaust fan will make a big difference. :goodluck:

I'm in! :popcorn:

Be patient they will come through. It does suck to have heat issues off the bat but I have seen worse. I got the same exact tote. What size are the net cups ur using?

Day 4 - Im getting a little impatient waiting for the seedlings to sprout. Only one has sprouted fully with two tiny leaves and the rest is taking their sweet time. Im little worried that some of them might die because i have too much or too little light or being overwatered. I can't tell right now.

Two out of the 8 is dead. one of them did not open or crack and one cracked but somehow got dried up and browned. Im not sure if I was supposed to place the seedlings a certain way in the rockwool. I faced the cracked part up towards the light.

Some pics

IMG_4231.jpg

I see a lot of brown int he seed. I don't know if its dying or trying to sprout.
IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_42281.jpg

IMG_42271.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_42151.jpg

Myzz is right, when you "crack or sprout" your seeds, you want a 1/4 long taproot sticking out. Then you place the root down with its seed "helmet" pointing upwards. That's why I like to do the moist paper towel method, they always pop with a nice taproot,then you just stick it in your cube. I hope the best for your seeds and even if only the one makes it, you can always take some clones!

Myzz is right, when you "crack or sprout" your seeds, you want a 1/4 long taproot sticking out. Then you place the root down with its seed "helmet" pointing upwards. That's why I like to do the moist paper towel method, they always pop with a nice taproot,then you just stick it in your cube. I hope the best for your seeds and even if only the one makes it, you can always take some clones!

Yea i messed up. As a result i lost few seeds. Lets see which ones survive and definitely considering the cloning.

Day 6- 2 seedlings are coming along. They have tiny leaves on it already but I don't see any roots from the bottom. So I guess I should wait to feed them until I see roots?

The rest I think is in shock and Im giving them 2 to 3 days to see if they will survive and develop a root downwards. Im not sure how long that could take and I don't know how they supposed to look if they are dead. Im thinking if i see green on the seedlings then its alive and trying to survive.:lot-o-toke:

One of the seedlings have some reddish color to its root.

The two that are growing leaves but no root i might transfer to a 5 gallon bucket to start feeding because i don't know how long the others will join them.

Some pics:

This one is struggling
IMG_42351.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

So its been a few days. im doing everything i should not do. I have one white widow and one unknown in a 5 gallon tank and i started them on nutes but i think the nutes were too strong and they were not ready. The poor things got nute burn already. I took out a gallon of nute water and added a gallon with no nutes. I guess i should wait it out until they are no longer nute burned. I don't think they will die from it. But im keeping close eye.

The temp is still high but im keeping res temp low in the 70's. Fortunately my pH level is very steady and has not changed at all.

some pics:

IMG_42611.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

One of the seeds i germinated finally cracked and ready to sprout. I have three more ready to be placed in rockwool soon. This time I will be careful about placing the seedling into the system.
IMG_4251.jpg

Another example of not giving them nutes until they have 2 full sets of leaves! Hopefully they will survive. I'd run the without nutes if it were me. Tht one that just popped will burn for sure.

The one that just popped is actually running with no nutes. I will not nute it until it has the necessary leaves for sure. The other two are the ones that got burnt.

So I had moved the two burnt seedlings into the regular 10 gallon res with the other two new seedlings in clean water with no nutes. Also had to clean my pump as it was a lot of gunk in there. The two seedslings that got nute burn I took them out of their old rockwool and put into new ones and they seemed to be reacting well as they perked up a little. Now I am just waiting for the seedlings to have more roots and more leaves to add 1/4 nutes. I gotta be careful not to burn them again. I ahdn't realized the seedling stage is very sensitive and a lot of care is needed until they big and strong enough.

im thinking to wait two more days and add 1/4 nutes.

Pics:
One of the late seedlings trying to come out.
IMG_43551.jpg

This one got a real bad nute burn and it seems to be trying to revive after being in clean water for few days. At least it hasn't died on me.
IMG_43561.jpg

This one was slightly nute burnt but had a mangled roots and i had to sort the root into new rockwool so it can grow downward correctly. Seems to be doing ok
IMG_4354.jpg

This is also a new late seedling growing strong and fast.
IMG_4353.jpg

Back
Top Bottom