Solo cup problem

Marthajeep

420 Member
So I started 2 seeds about 30 days ago. One seed started out messed up and looking like a goner so I tossed it in a solo cup just for giggles. Now it’s 8.5” tall and looks pretty spindly. It feels like it has a rootball. It’s also an auto and I know it shouldn’t be transplanted. What do I do?

Attachments

• E0FD82BD-BF9C-4F67-BD21-92B7284685FD.jpeg
    E0FD82BD-BF9C-4F67-BD21-92B7284685FD.jpeg
    731.6 KB · Views: 60
I myself would cut those bottom yellow leaves off and transplant into a bigger pot anyways, not sure why you can transplant a auto, i don't grow autos so i'm not sure, but i think you would be o.k. Might stress it a little bit for a few days but i think it will come back strong. Just my opinion. :peace:

So I started 2 seeds about 30 days ago. One seed started out messed up and looking like a goner so I tossed it in a solo cup just for giggles. Now it’s 8.5” tall and looks pretty spindly. It feels like it has a rootball. It’s also an auto and I know it shouldn’t be transplanted. What do I do?
I'm a newbie myself so I don't have a lot of knowledge about growing yet, but I have tortured a few seedlings in my experimenting!
I like seeing these babies sprout and how far I can push it towards adulthood.

Shouldn’t be transplanted?
I think your safe to transplant buddy. But I’m no expert.
What I would maybe try doing is get a booger pot one that is going to be the new perma home. Fill it with whatever your using. And use that cup to make a hole in the center, or you can put the cup in and then fill the rest with soil so you can lift out your cup and have a cup shaped hole.
maybe get some scissors and cut done the cup carefully. And open it up that way,
or idk your plant looks big enough, try putting your hand over the top of the cup, then invert it in your hand holding it upside down
With your spare hand gently squeeze the bottom of the cup till it slips out and your holding a root ball and insert that carefully in your newly formed hole the shape of that cup lol

Shouldn’t be transplanted?
I think your safe to transplant buddy. But I’m no expert.
What I would maybe try doing is get a booger pot one that is going to be the new perma home. Fill it with whatever your using. And use that cup to make a hole in the center, or you can put the cup in and then fill the rest with soil so you can lift out your cup and have a cup shaped hole.
maybe get some scissors and cut done the cup carefully. And open it up that way,
or idk your plant looks big enough, try putting your hand over the top of the cup, then invert it in your hand holding it upside down
With your spare hand gently squeeze the bottom of the cup till it slips out and your holding a root ball and insert that carefully in your newly formed hole the shape of that cup lol
I think your advise is very good and is what I would do as well.

Transplant it you really have nothing to lose trying. Let it dry a little and it's less likely to shred the roots.

Back
Top Bottom