Some Leaves Yellowing - 2 Weeks Into Flower

Qapla

Hey guys, finally ran into my first big problem on my first grow. Thought I had done enough research to get through this without a problem.

Strain: Nirvana Auto Norther Lights
Medium: Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 with 20% coarse perlite added(3 gal smart pot)
Nutes: AN pH Perfect Sensi Bloom A&B @ 1/4 strength, AN Rhino Skin @ full strength, AN Bud Ignitor @ 1/2 strength, AN Big Bud @ 1/2 strength, AN Bud Candy @ 1/2 strength.

So yesterday I noticed the leaves were drooping, picked up the pot and realized I waited a little too long to water. I mixed up a batch of nute water as described above into 6 liters of water. I did wait over 2 hours for the rhino skin to dissolve, then added the other nutes and let it sit with an air stone for a couple hours like I always do. Had plenty of runoff as usual to keep salts from building up.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the leaves yesterday, but its kind of hard to tell under grow lights. I had been having some very minor nute burn on some leaf tips, but not really a big deal. I also had to supercrop a few days ago as the main stalk was getting too tall. Anyway, I checked on the plant today and the leaves are perky, but now they are yellowing. Not just at the bottom, almost kind of random as you can see in the pics.

Any ideas whats going on? I hope I didn't screw up too much. I'd hate to have a low yield, dead plant, or a hermi on my hands. Thanks!

Problem-11.jpg

Problem-21.jpg

Problem-3.jpg

Problem-4.jpg

Problem-5.jpg

Does this look like nute lockout? Some sort of deficiency? I do not check pH. I use RODI water at a pH of around 6.4 before adding the pH Perfect nutes. Never had a problem before this. I also do not add a calmag supplement as AN customer service said there's plenty in their base nutrients, I do have a bottle of AN sensir cal-mag xtra though.

Is it possible to all the sudden really need a higher dose of nutes in flower? I had very minor nute burn on the tips of new leaves a couple weeks ago but it never progressed beyond that, so obviously I was hesitant to start increasing nute dosage. I'm guessing the stretch has stopped now as well.

That's an iron deficiency. Check your pH and get it back in range. Foliar feed with Fe chelated fertilizer
containing Fe, Zn, and Mn, since these deficiencies are often found in combination.

Any idea how the problem happened? The nutrients are supposed to be chelated to allow for a greater pH range, they are also supposed to control the pH to around 5.8. Is it at all possible that waiting too long to water/feed could cause this problem so rapidly?

Do you have a recommendation for a locally available foliar supplement as you suggested?

Thanks!

Any idea how the problem happened? The nutrients are supposed to be chelated to allow for a greater pH range, they are also supposed to control the pH to around 5.8. Is it at all possible that waiting too long to water/feed could cause this problem so rapidly?

Do you have a recommendation for a locally available foliar supplement as you suggested?

Thanks!

"Any idea how the problem happened?"
Yeah, you're growing indoors and let the pH get out of range. Do your grow lights meet the sun's specifications and compensate for what the sun provides? No, nowhere even close. That's why your shit looks like spaghetti and you get minimal yield.

5.8 pH?:blalol: The ideal is 6.0-6.8! It's not only about how often you feed. It's about using the right nutrients (not necessarily brand) for specific deficiencies. You got to be able to eyeball your shit and tell what's going on. That comes with experience. How do you do this? Search for and download Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook (endorsed and prefaced by Tommy Chong), not that grow bible shit. If you can't find it, I have it stored online and will share it with you for the asking if you're willing to make up a BS email account to share it with because I don't want your identity nor your IP. There will be NO 2-way communication there!

"Is it at all possible that waiting too long to water/feed could cause this problem so rapidly?"
Water EVERY day whether you're feeding or not! Cannabis is a succulent and LOVES water as long as there is drainage. It can't just sit there in a pool or you'll have root-rot. No, I won't endorse any product here because the moderators here seem to find fault with any of my pertaining posts. You have to do your own homework there.

Back
Top Bottom