South African Strains

Hey Hey! Seeing some familiar pics here! So this is where all the SA action is...
420-magazine-mobile1797559805.jpg

Mostly SA guys in and around my Journal, your an organic guy get to know Sun Valley. He my friend is the master blaster in terms of organic growing

Mostly SA guys in and around my Journal, your an organic guy get to know Sun Valley. He my friend is the master blaster in terms of organic growing

Hi Guys....just registered.......I have been studying and reading up for over a year now......I feel that I am now ready to jump in and do my first grow. I live on a farm and have decided to custom build a grow shed......room for soil and equip....room for mothers, clones and veg and a flowering room.......indoor coco organic. I understand all the "theory" about seed, clones, roots, RH, temp, PH, ventilation, soils, light intensities, nutrition, topping, training scrogging etc etc.....but that's just the theory and know that I will have to go through the school of hard knocks.........would love to hook up with someone to confirm my thoughts....equipment, room size and some of the technical stuff......it would be silly in a years time to find that I should have built longer or wider or higher etc......want to get my dimensions right. I am also going mad trying to figure out what lights...thinking T5 for veg, but flowering.....HPS?....LED?.....due to all I have read up on heat generation in summer.....currently leaning toward the newer big footprint LED and not HID......Mars Hydro Reflector 192, Spydr X Plus.......Kind lights are just too expensive.
Genetics is another stumbling block......believe CT is into Cheese......but quite frankly, believe with the huge variety out there.....what else would work well in CT. I am thinking 3-4 week veg, about 6 plants under 1 light per m2. I want to build flower room so I can flower 6 lights = 6m2. With CT mail being not so safe......what is the best way to find a good strong strain.....Bonza?....Sannies? ......Attitude?

Appreciate any advice.

Greets to all my fellow south africans!

I saw there were a lot of you guys here so I joined up. I'm a long time full organic grower, hope to be chatting with you all soon.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Hi Guys....just registered.......I have been studying and reading up for over a year now......I feel that I am now ready to jump in and do my first grow. I live on a farm and have decided to custom build a grow shed......room for soil and equip....room for mothers, clones and veg and a flowering room.......indoor coco organic. I understand all the "theory" about seed, clones, roots, RH, temp, PH, ventilation, soils, light intensities, nutrition, topping, training scrogging etc etc.....but that's just the theory and know that I will have to go through the school of hard knocks.........would love to hook up with someone to confirm my thoughts....equipment, room size and some of the technical stuff......it would be silly in a years time to find that I should have built longer or wider or higher etc......want to get my dimensions right. I am also going mad trying to figure out what lights...thinking T5 for veg, but flowering.....HPS?....LED?.....due to all I have read up on heat generation in summer.....currently leaning toward the newer big footprint LED and not HID......Mars Hydro Reflector 192, Spydr X Plus.......Kind lights are just too expensive.
Genetics is another stumbling block......believe CT is into Cheese......but quite frankly, believe with the huge variety out there.....what else would work well in CT. I am thinking 3-4 week veg, about 6 plants under 1 light per m2. I want to build flower room so I can flower 6 lights = 6m2. With CT mail being not so safe......what is the best way to find a good strong strain.....Bonza?....Sannies? ......Attitude?

Appreciate any advice.
Hi mountain
Did you get the feedback you wanted and ask for? Can help.

Hi Nepali420

Both pics are of my Black&Blue #8 clone:

[black forrest x uk cheese clone] = black cheese
[dj short blueberry indica x sour bubble bx1] = digiberry
[dutch passion blueberry sativa circa 1999 x digiberry clone male] = bluedigiberry

[black cheese "purple cut" x bluedigiberry #5] = black&blue

Sorry if that was confusing lol. A lot of breeding goes into good plants.

I like all those fancy varieties that have had a lot of breeding done but my real passion is landrace!

Swazi Gold:
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
I've briefly experimented with breeding through the years. However, now I leave it to those who have the space and time. Your Swazi Gold looks beautiful. That is some fine genetics. It is also these genetics which is under serious threat as everyone has flooded Swaziland with foreign genetics putting huge pressure on the original Swazi landrace.
What is your 3rd pic?

Back
Top Bottom