South Indian Sativa LED SOG Experiment

Looks great!

How long did the lights took to........

It took about 4 weeks! INR - 12,000ish + 1580 customs duty.

I don't know what a hempy grow is, I'll read about it .

Yes I saw all these other nutes after I purchased the Radon Grow... I've not even started using that yet coz the soil is doing ok so far, plus now with the new lights I'm sure the plants will drink way more. Let's see what happens.

That really looks great. 24 inches is absolutely fine. I have my 300 and 450w LEDs about 12 inches away from my plants and they show no signs of any stress, quite the opposite, they have grown better with they lights closer.

Here is my Tent with the LED's at 12inches distance to the plants.

420-magazine-mobile356808339.jpg

You can see how the lower colas are reaching up for the light and getting nice and fat along with the main cola. The plant at the front I messed up topping.

Day 45

Alright guys, the plant might be 45 days old but their first few weeks were a very testing time and now they're beginning to grow!

The plants seem to be doing great, I feel they're beginning to drink more now.

I watered them today, the last time I watered them was 3 days ago, and I'm guessing they'll need to be watered more frequently from now on, every 3 days or so.

I can definitely see the growth rate picking up, so let's keep waiting. I wanna switch to flower soon, I'll probably do that in a few more days.. do you guys agree?

Let me know!

Here are the pics, plz zoom in to look into more detail:-

Plant A
420-magazine-mobile1954258095.jpg

Plant B
420-magazine-mobile428760785.jpg

Both together
420-magazine-mobile56624633.jpg

Cheers!

Day 46

Alright I think the plants are ready for flower.

It's 9:00 AM in Chennai right now, I'm gonna start 12/12 at 6 PM this evening.. which means 12/12 period will be 6 PM to 6 AM.

Here are the plants today:-

Plant A
420-magazine-mobile128312815.jpg

Plant B
420-magazine-mobile1218633299.jpg

Now I've got this one seedling as well, I'm noticing that the true leaves are pretty bright... are they getting bleached? It's 30 inches from the Light...
420-magazine-mobile1357766447.jpg

Also, i noticed that the tips of the plants are kinda pointing down, is this ok? :-
420-magazine-mobile72580365.jpg

Plz let me know!!

Thanks!

The seedling won't be bleached at that distance. How damp is your grow medium ?

Right now my soil medium is pretty damp, I watered the plants yesterday.

Since I'm still not good at "reading" my plants that well, I thought I'd go with the method where I weigh my plants and water the when I see about half the water weight is lost.

I've used about 850 grams of almost-dry soil for each pot and the pots weighed about 2.35 kilos after they were thoroughly watered till I got good runoff..

So the total amount of water-weight the grow medium can hold is about 1.5 litres per pot. Which means the medium is completely soaked with about 1.5 litres.

I watered my plants yesterday morn and they've lost about 330 grams of water-weight by this morn... which is like 22% of the total water the medium can hold...

Damn this is beginning to sound like some maths problem!! lol....

Anyways sorry for being painful, but I hope I'm making sense.. so when should I aim to water my medium next? What should the water percentage in the medium be?

Plz do let me know, thanks!

I get you ! I water my plants every day, up to 4 times a day if needed, once a week I don't water them at all. Having said that, mine are a lot bigger than yours. I would say your plants are absolutely fine, don't over think things, if you are worried its best to let them go a little dry than over water them. Thats one of the joys of Coco, its pretty hard to over water.

Subbing up. Looks amazinghow you have progressed. Basically if the top seems bome dry then you may water. You should know by know how dry the top was when you water it. I go by the looks now.
And you may switch to flower now as sativa stretch is crazy. But good thing you have such tall box. Very well-suited for sativa. The only issue would be if they got too tall the light efficacy would be diminished at the lower parts of the plants.
But before you switch do ensure that they are healthy and ready to go. I cross my fingers for your babies too :)

Subbing up. Looks amazinghow you have progressed. Basically if the top seems bome dry then you....

Thanks man, yeah I do have a tendency to overthink and confuse myself... I'm definitely trying to go with the looks of things as well.. it's just that I haven't developed that "knack" yet... that's why the whole weighing method...

But yeah I'm always learning!!

Thanks!

Hey guys quick update - the 12/12 has begun! Lights out at 6PM.

Now I've learned that Sativas can take almost 3 weeks to show their sex.. well hopefully these plants don't take that long... I'm hoping they start showing at least in 10 days...

I'll post pics first thing tomorrow morning.

Stay Tuned!

Day 47 - 9:00 AM

So the first 12 hr dark period is done and here are some pics:-

Plant A
420-magazine-mobile472931298.jpg

Now look at the top most node of A, I can see something developing there.. it was very minute yesterday, but it's gotten a bit bigger. I almost looks like this plant was about to pre-flower.. I'll check tomorrow if it shows more detail:-

Plant A again (watch the top node closely) :-
420-magazine-mobile674836769.jpg

Plant B:-
420-magazine-mobile1578140476.jpg

Plant B (watch top node closely) :-
420-magazine-mobile1256689150.jpg

And this is one seedling:-
420-magazine-mobile1114995578.jpg

All plants together :-
420-magazine-mobile2049011284.jpg

420-magazine-mobile838386354.jpg

Plants are looking ok, I forgot to mist the leaves with some water for 2 days so I think that's why the leaves felt just a little bit thin to the touch. I'll keep an eye on that.

The growing medium has lost about 35% of water, so I'm thinking I'll water tomorrow.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Cheers and Stay Tuned!

Alright guys, quick update..

So just before I misted my plants before lights-out, I noticed that growth on the top node of Plant A.

With the combination of my phone and a jeweller's loupe, I was able to get close:-
420-magazine-mobile1360555732.jpg

420-magazine-mobile56882250.jpg

420-magazine-mobile579244968.jpg

I think I know what that means....

It's safe to say Plant A is showing signs of a female! It pre-flowered just before I put it to flower.

Now I've got to keep a good watch and notice if more of these pop up at nodes. Also have to see any signs of it being a hermie.

Plant B still doesn't have any sure signs yet, will have to wait. Hopefully Plant B will show it's sex soon.

That's it for now,

Thanks and Stay Tuned!

Day 48

Misted the leaves and Drenched my plants this morning, got just above 50% runoff per plant...

Here are some things I examined:-

During the beginning of the grow, the PPM of the runoff of both plants was well above the 3500 range... but this time the runoff showed about 1400 PPM per plant.. so the slow release ferts in the soil have been depleted by about half... anyways 1400 is still a bit high for he plants at the moment.. but in a few more waterings this should come down and I think that's when I'll really get to see a big flourish.

The Ph of the runoff was 6.4 for both plants, so that's fine.

I haven't taken any pics yet, will do so in the evening.

Cheers .

Back
Top Bottom