South Indian Sativa LED SOG Experiment

Alright here's the evening update:-

This is the top most node of Plant A
420-magazine-mobile835813245.jpg

Pretty sure A is female.

Plant A (notice the leaf tips curling sharply)
420-magazine-mobile2032960367.jpg

Here's another pic of Plant A
420-magazine-mobile1590549282.jpg

Now if you notice the circled region, those branches are growing a bit slow when compared to the much faster grow rate of the branches in the top 2 nodes.. should I snip those lower branches off?? PLZ LET ME KNOW!

This is Plant B
420-magazine-mobile2030279022.jpg

The leaves on plant B are looking a bit wrinkly aren't they? What do you guys think?

Overall, there is still growth and the plants are looking okay.

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.

Cheers!

Day 49

Hey guys I'm just looking to hear from u regarding my previous posts... let me know what you think!

Here are some pics from today, it's been 3 days since I've switched to 12/12

Plant B lower-most leaf
420-magazine-mobile1480768845.jpg

Plant A lower leaf
420-magazine-mobile700329013.jpg

Plant B leaves
420-magazine-mobile1995443873.jpg

As u can see some of the leaf-tips in plant A are pointed down and have become crispy

Plant B leaves are a bit wrinkly

I think the problem was wind stress, because I noticed that the inlet in the bottom was really giving those affected leaves a real bashing, they were flying around the place, I've diverted the trajectory of the air so that it's not hitting the leaves with full force directly. Let's see if that helps..

Humidity has been about 45-50ish

Lights are at a good distance 24 inches

All the new growth doesn't seem to be affected at all at the moment. Which is why I feel its just the lower leaves which are getting stressed by the force of the air. Hopefully that's it. I don't think there's any problem with the soil or the roots or even overwatering.

Anyways that's the update for now,

Please let me know if you've got anything to say.

Cheers!

Day 49

Hey guys I'm just looking to hear from u regarding my previous posts... let me know what you think!

Here are some pics from today, it's been 3 days since I've switched to 12/12

Plant B lower-most leaf
420-magazine-mobile1480768845.jpg

Plant A lower leaf
420-magazine-mobile700329013.jpg

Plant B leaves
420-magazine-mobile1995443873.jpg

As u can see some of the leaf-tips in plant A are pointed down and have become crispy

Plant B leaves are a bit wrinkly

I think the problem was wind stress, because I noticed that the inlet in the bottom was really giving those affected leaves a real bashing, they were flying around the place, I've diverted the trajectory of the air so that it's not hitting the leaves with full force directly. Let's see if that helps..

Humidity has been about 45-50ish

Lights are at a good distance 24 inches

All the new growth doesn't seem to be affected at all at the moment. Which is why I feel its just the lower leaves which are getting stressed by the force of the air. Hopefully that's it. I don't think there's any problem with the soil or the roots or even overwatering.

Anyways that's the update for now,

Please let me know if you've got anything to say.

Cheers!
They look fine to me.. its just a small niggle.. if it persists on the higher nodes u myt hav to stary worrying.. but i have just a single grow under my belt.. the more experienced growers can give a better judgement..

Day 52

Quick update

Seems like my plants are kinda recovering, they're looking a bit more lively.

I did spot something on the lower fan leaf of Plant B:-
420-magazine-mobile1826559002.jpg

I think that this definitely seems like a deficiency and has nothing to do with humidity or heat etc.

I saw similar pics to this and what I've picked up is that it could be a magnesium deficiency.

Since the plants are quite old and they've started growing side branches now, I think I'm gonna give them some nutes, about 700-800 PPM. I've got separate calcium and magnesium nute powders as well.

I'm thinking of a 600 PPM nute mix + a boost of extra 50 PPM of calcium and 50 ppm of magnesium which adds up to 700 PPM.

In other words...15% of that 700 PPM will come from equal parts of cal and mag. Is that a good mix?? Should the percentage be higher or lower??

I think the slow release ferts in the soil are not well balanced; as in it's got mostly nitrogen.

The new growth looks fine though, it's just the old leaves that are showing symptoms.

I'm gonna water them tomorrow or day after.. so I'll update once I'm done!

Till then I'd love to hear your feedback

Cheers!!!

Day 54

Alright so I just flushed my soil nice and proper with a lite nute solution till I got runoff of about 400.

Plants look ok, the new growth is proper, it's just the oldest leaves that have shown signs of deficiencies.

Now that my organic potting mix is flushed nicely; I should've removed a huge amount of the slow release ferts which I did not have proper control over.

So I'm expecting things to pick up now.

Will post pics soon!

Cheers!

Day 56 (Day 14 of 12/12)

The plants are doing pretty well.. just waiting for the flowering to kick in.

Here are some pics

Plant A
420-magazine-mobile1367648641.jpg

420-magazine-mobile849915531.jpg

Plant B
420-magazine-mobile1687190161.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2037430052.jpg

Some new seedlings
420-magazine-mobile366186213.jpg

Anyways, it's been 2 weeks since I switched to 12/12.. hopefully the plants make the shift to flower soon.

Stay tuned!

He has had a pretty average run up to this series, he really needed to get in and have an innings that showed he is in charge and this is what I expect. Looks like the last couple of days could be a real battle.

He has had a pretty average run up to this series, he really needed to get in and have an innings that showed he is in charge and this is what I expect. Looks like the last couple of days could be a real battle.

Early wickets in the second innings as well! This is getting even better...

Day 60

Alright guys so The plants have given me clear answers and I think they're gonna start flowering pretty soon.

Here are the signs of plant A being a female
420-magazine-mobile492163058.jpg

And here's Plant B showing that it's a male, u can clearly see the pollen sacs.
420-magazine-mobile119353740.jpg

Plant A has become huge in the past 4 days, ever since I've been feeding it nutes, u can clearly see how nutes make a difference!! I've LSTed the top most branches to level it with the branches just below... damn the plant is occupying so much space!! plant A totally has 4 branches growing, everything else has been trimmed off. Take a look:-
420-magazine-mobile1730061315.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1071442263.jpg

Here are some of the babies:-
420-magazine-mobile560992363.jpg

So Plant B has been "taken care of"... lol...

Plant A should start blooming away now!!

Here's a pic of the tops of Plant A, the new growth is all stringy and spirally.. can someone tell me what this is? Is it light burn?
420-magazine-mobile451185682.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1728570683.jpg

Please let me know!

Cheers!

Day 63

Watered the plant today, got runoff of about 800 ppm, which is a good range for the plant at this point.

Ph of the runoff was 6.4 as usual.

Here's a pic:
420-magazine-mobile1958140674.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to let me know about the new growth:-
420-magazine-mobile2011385478.jpg

Why does it look like that? What could be the cause?

The lights were 21 inches away, I've moved them up to 24 inches now.

The temps in the box are good, averaging at about 25-28 Celsius. Humidity is also about 50% so I don't think I've got any issues there.

Please do let me know guys, haven't heard from ya'll in quite a while!

Cheers.

Very strange, have you changed anything ?

As far as temps and humidity and light distance is concerned... no changes, the light was 24 inches away and when the plants grew; the distance became 21 inches... when this abnormal stuff began to happen, I brought up the lights to 24 inches again.

I have been feeding the plants nutes now, but I don't think it's the nutes. Coz runoff has been averaging about 600-800 ppm, and plus I don't think there's a lockout coz I've been watering till I get a good runoff.

Back
Top Bottom