Southern Hemisphere - Outdoor - Blue Dream - Mango - Purple Widow - Auto

outdoor

So - I've wanted to start a grow journal a long time ago. Well not a long time ago. But when I've started to grow cannabis.

I've got so many thoughs to pin down, but I guess I'm lazy and I forget me thoughts until I remember them again. Something like that.

I am not a cannabis user. Where I live, we have extreme strict laws and on top of that I'm not a social person, so I cant just ask a friend where to get cannabis. HOWEVER. I tried some unbranded strings some time ago. Twice. And recently when I went looking for the guy where I got the stash off street, I learned that he's been arrested. So.

Anyways.

Here goes.

I ordered my seeds from marijuana-seeds dot nl. I initially tried to place an order at seedsbank and Herbies but they dont want to ship to my country even though I've read somewhere international shipping.

I didnt want to break my bank, (or empty bank) so I got purple widow regular seeds, and Mango strains. All regular seeds. The shipment arrived about a month after my order, very well packed. And I can not express more how satisfied I am with marijuana-seeds dot nl. I also got 5 free Power Plant.

I wont get into too much details, otherwise I'll be sit writing all day. I was eager and wanted to give the plants "only the best" and "the best treatment." Because I live in the southern hemisphere and not Australia, I have to look for sufficient grow soil, plant food etc. We dont have the common brands here which is available in the US or elsewhere.

For the record we have summer in December and winter in July. So spring would be about August to October.

My plan of action is to start growing the seeds asap en then take them to our family farm and grow bug plants outside. But I'm not sure if that will realize.

So I've germinated my seeds in a cup of water overnight and planted them the next day in jiffies. I've never tried planting anything - for the record. I've planted and replanted my seedlings a total of 9 times. And I can no see the stress I've caused. The reason is simple, I've tried building "MANY" environments to give them the "best possible" humidity and temperature. I've planted the seeds on 30 May 2015. Mid winter. on a heating mat. I've had them in a fish tank, then bigger pots, then smaller, then over-watering, then this then that. While transplanting the seeds a couple of times, some seeds got lost in the soil. At some stage I've mixed vermiculate (because I cant find perilite) with jiffies with potting soil.

So from 25 seeds, I was able to start growing 16 seeds. I dont know how I've lost so many seeds but I think our local help might have taken 2 or 3 pots with small plants as well. Anyways.

Have I had the means to quit my job, I could've moved to the family farm for at least one year and grow the hell out there. But I dont have the means.

So I now have Mango, Purple Widow and Powerplant planted. And growing. They are outdoors now, and while many days are still quite cold, we have sunshine at least.

I've also ordered Blue Dream (faminised), Thai Stick, Aura Indica some time ago, again from the same supplier. I got 2 or 3 auto seeds free, together with two other strains I think 5 seeds each, but Ill update later which strains that is.

My main concern is if I have planted the seeds to quickly. Because I can already see purple on 3 seedlings, and I really hope that is normal. I live at the coast and many days were very misty - and I am worried that the seedlings think they should start growing buds. Or something like that.

Nevertheless - I'll post pictures here.

I dont have a PH tester because I cant find one!! Believe it or not. So I use tap water. I have two organic foilage plant food, one is a fish one the other one is - I cant remember, I'll post the pictures.

I was hoping to get some advice, based on the pictures I'll be posting, because some leaves look as if they might need something.

So I'll keep you posted!!

57ad0c80_o.jpeg

4 June 2015. Here I've had the purple widow seeds in a fish aquarium with a thermostat thermometer - because no purple widow seed wanted to germinate after even 5 days! I had them in a cup of tap water overnight as well days before this.

6cd0a8b6_o.jpeg

4 June 2015. Here I've covered the insides of a box with foil (and I've learned that you can use any side of the foil apparently the bright/dull side thing is a myth). Jiffy/Vermiculite mix 50/50

c4339221_o.jpeg

4 June 2015. Another picture

I have more pictures somewhere, but I'll post the days to follow in a neat format. Blue dream seeds and thai stick as well.

34ff91a0_o.jpeg

My biggest mango strain. 46 Days old.

669aa42f_o.jpeg

My biggest mango strain. 46 Days old.

ed169dd8_o.jpeg

Size of other mango strains planted at the same time. 46 Days old.

3b3a4cbd_o.jpeg

Purple Widow. 46 Days old. Regular seeds. First ever cannabis seeds I've planted.

f4bf040a_o.jpeg

Purple Widow. 46 Days old. Regular seeds. First ever cannabis seeds I've planted.

60181fa1_o.jpeg

Purple Widow. 46 Days old. Regular seeds. First ever cannabis seeds I've planted. ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO SHOW COLOR AT 46 DAYS ONLY?

c43bcbed_o.jpeg

Blue Dream. 14 Days. Replanted once only. Germinated in fish tank with thermostat thermometer 26 Celcius. (left in water not more than 24 hours). 100% success germination success.

Auto strain. 14 Days old. Replanted once only. Germinated in fish tank with thermostat thermometer 26 Celcius. (left in water not more than 24 hours). 100% success germination success.
456ddcb5_o.jpeg

baa29aac_o.jpeg

Batch of Thai stick and 2x auto strains. 2 Days old. 11 of 12 seeds germinated. Germinated on a pot of water, thermostat fishtank thermometer controlled.

9e1e9d22_o.jpeg

Batch of Thai stick and 2x auto strains. 2 Days old. 11 of 12 seeds germinated. Germinated on a pot of water, thermostat fishtank thermometer controlled.

8f9c8115_o.jpeg

One a sidenote: I'll take pictures of my germination machine (heat controlled water in a pot) - THE THAIS STICK REALLY GERMINATED fast. I didnt plant them in jiffies - simply potting soil. Not even seedling soil. No parelite or vermiculite. Seeing the best results. I know it depends on the strain too, but they are like 2 days old! And look at the size!

9e1e9d22_o.jpeg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom