Space Wabbits 1st Grow - LED - Purple Haze/Cookies Kush/Lemon Skunk - Advice Welcome

Re: Space Wabbits 1st Grow - LED - Purple Haze/Cookies Kush/Lemon Skunk - Advice Welc

Hey SW Welcome to the journals!
I just harvested some Cookies Kush and its been my favorite so far.
As with LEDs you'll want to veg them in 80F and Bloom them in 85F. This will allow the plants to transpire moisture from their leaves to absorb moisture from the roots. Only with HPS do you wanna stay cooler as the light will warm up and cause the temperature directly under the lights to be higher than the lower half of the plant.

Just my thoughts. I would get in there and defoliate the lower half of those plants and thin out some fan leaves so the remaining lower branches push up. Especially if you plan to do a scrog, you'll focus mainly on what passes through the screen, so anything under it won't add up to much. Hash nugs at best.

Re: Space Wabbits 1st Grow - LED - Purple Haze/Cookies Kush/Lemon Skunk - Advice Welc

Especially if you plan to do a scrog, you'll focus mainly on what passes through the screen, so anything under it won't add up to much. Hash nugs at best.

That's a good point, I think I will definitely have to do that before they get tangled in the screen. Any idea on how much longer I these should veg for?

Well the Cookies Kush won't do much stretching. I can't say for the other 2 strains but if you have some good vertical space I'd say get a good defoliation in and throw your screen on. Then see how fast the recover and shoot up. I'd say once they are about half the distance from your max light height. Or a little less if they really stretch. I did an Amnesia Lemon before which was part Lemon skunk, and it didn't do much stretching either. Purple haze I can't imagine would shoot through your ceiling so I'd say get um up to where you'll have enough room if they double in size.

I added the screen yesterday and did a lot of defoliation (basically lollipopped). Hopefully the lower bud sites that I left on will shoot up into the screen.

The screen fit pretty well. I had no idea how I was going to secure it, but since I made it slightly smaller than the footprint of my tent I was able to simply zip-tie it to the frame.

IMG_20160617_074019912_1_.jpg
IMG_20160617_074309235_1_.jpg

Going well. Lemon skunk has shot up past the other two and is the best looking plant. The other two are still doing fine though staying short and bushy, sort of wonder what they'd look like if I lollipopped more. Purple haze was just starting to show signs of deficiency when I started adding more nutes but is doing ok now.

IMG_20160624_231238831.jpg

IMG_20160624_231202663.jpg

I think I may have to flip 12/12 this weekend, I can't let that Lemon Haze get much taller.

I switched to 12/12 on the 25th, so they've had about 10 days of flower in the pics below. Strain differences are really starting to show now, probably wouldn't grow them together again due the varying heights. I also think I should have been more aggressive with defoliation earlier.

Overall the plants are looking good, just hope I have space for them. Also happy to report all females (close ups in order: Lemon, cookies, haze

IMG_20160705_205238181.jpg
IMG_20160705_205258539.jpg
IMG_20160705_205305725.jpg
IMG_20160705_205313905.jpg

Flowering update! Plants are all now showing trichomes and coming up on the fourth week of flower this Saturday.

What a surprise, my runt from the beginning is now my healthiest/biggest plant. I can already tell from the trichome production and smell that this one is a winner. I was a bit worried about it getting to tall but it has stopped stretching; it's actually at the perfect height for the tent in terms of max yield.

Cookies Kush isn't far behind and is doing well. Unfortunately the same can't be said for my Purple Haze. I was really excited about growing a purple sativa strain but it still isn't doing so well despite receiving the same nutrients as the other two from the start. From the looks it still seems to be a calcium deficiency. I've been giving it half doses of cal/mag with my other nutrients since I first noticed the issue. From there the cookies kush kinda took over its space as it flourished on it's own. I suspect it will still produce great bud but it definitely could have turned out better. Glad I grew three plants and maxed out this tent!

group
group187.jpg

lemon skunk
l128.jpg

cookies kush
c1103.jpg

purple haze
p160.jpg

purple haze deficiency
def8.jpg

On a side note, I made some dabs using the alcohol method (Everclear). It actually worked out really well! I gave a test run with some bud that was very harsh to smoke. I remember years ago when I first tried dabs sometimes they were green. I always suspected that was an inferior product. Fortunately I ended up with a very blonde/amber color with only a slight green tint. I know there are way better extraction methods, but I have to say I was surprised how well this worked and how good the end product was. I will definitely be extracting from my trim and I'll include that in the smoke report!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello Everyone :byebye:

I've been a long time lurker, but finally decided to take the plunge and start my first grow journal. This may be my first time growing but I'm definitely taking all the steps to make sure it goes well. That's where you come in! I am at a stage where I need some guidance from some experienced growers. Currently my plants are three weeks old and looking good (I think) so I'm hoping I can get some tips on what to do next to maximize the yield.

Here's some info about my setup (gathered from here as being pretty typical):

Tent: 36x20x62" Apollo
Light: 1000w (10w x 100) LED (don't hate!)
Medium: FFOF in 3 gal pots with 20% perlite
Air Circulation: 4in exhaust w/ carbon filter and small PC intake fan (for now)
Nutes: FF Trio, Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed
Other equipment: PPM Meter, PH Meter, Temp/Humidity meter

Strains: Purple Haze, Cookies Kush, Lemon Skunk (decided to go with freebies for the first grow)

My current regimen is a 18/6 light cycle and watering about every three days switching between a light dose of liquid seaweed and regular ph'd water. Haven't started any other nutes yet since I don't think they need them and I don't have my PPM meter yet to check the run off.

Yes I am using a cheap chinese led, but it seems to be working well.... Aside from the heat, my temps are high in the low 80's with the lights on at night. I think it's due to the hot closet environment which I vent directly out of. Overall it doesn't seem to be hurting the plants since I keep fresh air constantly circulating, but if it becomes an issue I'll move the tent.

Not sure if its the light intensity (no tacoing) or the strains, but my plants have very short node spacing, very bushy. About four days ago I fimmed the Purple Haze and Cookies to encourage more tops. And I've been gently bending the plants to stay low and grow into their own corner of the tent, but I honestly don't know if I'm doing this right or if this is the right way to go. Lemon skunk will get fimmed next.

Enough blabbering, on with the photos!

from left to right: lemon skunk, cookies kush, purple haze
1142.png

lemon
IMG_20160601_180020950_1_.jpg

cookies
22383.jpg

purp
31903.jpg

Fimmed cookies, hope I did this right :straightface:
41472.jpg
Your plants look gorgeous no worrys about cheap led because there all good

Msbey there's a way u can use yarn to tie.them.open each new top if this helps any they look good tho
Hey @Mountainman80 :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
Unfortunately that's an old thread and you won't get a reply.
Top left corner has the date.
If you want to meet everyone and say hi here is a link.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom