Speaker Cabinet Grow Box

MartianGreen

Here is my cfl setup
Its in an old speaker cabinet (6 QF), the lamp is an 85W cfl, 5600K
I don't remember the exact lumins, but I remember its over 6000
Its a really bright light!
IMGA0010.JPG
IMGA0011.JPG

All I have in there right now is a little plant that my buddy started, and killed, but I have some more sprouts germinating.

IMGA0014.JPG

IMGA0013.JPG

Speaker Cabinet Grow Box: Day #1

The sprouts are in soil; just 2 seeds from a decent sack... genetics, unknown. Probably a Sativa. Mainly wanted to show you the light being used.
2008-12-18A.JPG

2008-12-18B.JPG

Well, ventilation is my primary concern with this setup... its in a speaker box so clearly I am hiding it from the room mates and the smell is going to be a problem. So, right now I am hoping I can identify the gender and transplant the females outdoors before the smell gets too strong.

Unless of course someone has a great suggestion for ventilation that will keep the smell to almost nothing when standing right in front of the box... its right in front of an open window, but I don't expect to be able to flower anything in there without a strong smell.

ozone generator

Speaker Cabinet Grow Box: Day #2

ok, I know its not much to look at, but its my first grow, so what the hell
2008-12-19A.JPG

I have never used an ozone gen. are they effective? I'm looking at one that claims to freshen air up to 1000 sf... so can I expect it to totally (almost maybe) eliminate the smell of a small, but flowering plant in this small grow box? Would you suggest inside or outside of the box?

3 or 4 posts now about the inside painted white, wouldn't the shiny side of aluminum foil work even better? I haven't done anything with the inside of the box yet because I wasn't going to finish them in it, however if this ozone generator will work than maybe I can flower in the box.

I really hope I can complete a whole grow cycle in this box... I just think it would be a fun grow.

Ozone gens are unhealthy for humans and pets, but very effective at what they do. Do not use aluminum foil, it creates hot spots and is bad. Just paint it white or use panda or mylar.

oh that's a great idea, Stizz1e... I have one of those sun visors in the garage that i haven't used in ages

2008-12-21.JPG

I have had these two sprouts under an 85W cfl (85 real watts). A friend of mine insisted that I add this Vita-Lite cfl. It's only 20W (20 real watts), but he insists it has "vitamins" and is "100% UV" and would be better than my 85W lamp. I don't know about all that, but its much dimer than the one I've had, so I added it just for a little extra.

IMGA0003.JPG

OK, i finally added some reflective material.. I lined the entire box with some 1/2" foam covered with mylar. It was insulation in a postal box for transporting blood to hospitals. Very shiny stuff, a lot more light bouncing around in there.

Back
Top Bottom