Spot the grow

Good Afternoon Fam!

Recently while listening to The Grow from your heart podcast he mentioned being able to spot grow ops walking his dog (ie. A air conditioner in a basement window in winter, melted snow over 1 rooms roof, etc...).

I started thinking about this and realized this info may be important to share for new grower security! Legal or not there can be real security concerns for the community (thieves!).

So I pose the question.

You're walking down the street and spot an obvious grow. What was the first thing you noticed?

P.s. Podcast fans check out The Grow from your heart podcast. Jeff is experienced, fun, is jam packed with knowledge and truly seems to capture the spirit of the community.

Definitely noticed a local shed in the driveway area of a home with AC nuzzled squarely in the front window.......REALLY.......not even slightly stealthy lol.

Seriously though, I could have winched the whole shed up on to my trailer in the middle of the night and driven off LMAO. The only thing attaching to the house would have been the extension cords lmao.

Driving around the west coast I spotted a few outdoor grow ops. Must be legal because even half mile off the road you can tell the distinct shape of pot plants that have grown over fence high. 8' fences so the plants were doing quite well. The only way to confirm my suspensions was to take a pic then blow it up tell I could see I was right. My first thought was it would be cool to knock on the door and ask to see their great plants. Didn't of course. Ended up seeing 4 or 5 grows from highways or interstates. Last girlfriend says I don't pay enough attention to the road because I can spot wildlife and such so far off the road.

Spotting indoor grows is much different. I have kept a eye on my roof in the winter. Luckily the snow melts the same everywhere. I agree about vent hole's on a visible side of your house. Mine goes out under a bush on the back side. Any melting is hard to notice. Very good tread though. People need to think ahead of everything all year around.

In the state I live in they use helicopters and drones to look for melting roofs in winter....
We see that here all the time....it's called poor insulation!

Maine law requires you not to be able see grow from road (without optical aids) so that is practical as well for snoopers.

Here you are driving and get a big whiff...very hard to tell if skunk or "skunk"

Hey, my brother lives about 10 kilometers from the closest major town. While we were building his place a couple of years ago, in the middle of the winter we would drive to get supplies and you could smell skunks in this one area on the highway....... Pretty big giveaway in the middle of winter time LMAO!

Along the lines of that bright yellow light of the HPS leaking out. I have seen this and it does matter. The new one is that bright purple you see from the new LED lights. Out in the country on my way fishing. I keep spotting this old farm house off the road. What catches my attention is the 2 big glowing purple windows. Looks to me to be the same color as LED grow lights. Something only a grower would know but they know. Could be nothing but it sure looks like a badly disguised grow to me.

I just don't think they took the time to look at it in the middle of the night. The glow shines right through most curtains. I always black out any windows in a room I am growing in.
A suggestion for this I learned years ago. Hang your curtains inside the window casing. Then when you cover the window people still see curtains. You cannot tell that they are blocked off from the outside unless you are right at the window.

I’m using those roll up and down bamboo blinds, seem to work for me. Of course I go outside at night and look to make sure that there is no light leeks. Stealth is key in a state that does not abide. Lol

Back
Top Bottom