Auto Guerilla Grow Near Glasgow - Scotland

Well well well. Here's what's happening folks. Got out today to check on outdoor sites and all is fairly well. Some of the plants are hitting the net above so needing to increase the height of all 3 plots. The deer repellent mix, and separate human piss seems to have done its job as no obvious signs of deer being nearby and all plots and plants still standing. Perhaps the deer dont go where my plots are. Slugs are dying by the dozen so not worried about them but pellets needed replaced due to the rain over the past couple of weeks.

Site 1 - 2 x himalya orange diesel, 2 x auto thc bomb and 1 auto bubba kush.
20160702_141125.jpg
20160702_141204.jpg
20160702_141211.jpg
20160702_141224.jpg

Still some spots on edges of some leaves (last pic shows what i mean). Not worried about it but gonna make up some foliar spray with epsom salts and give a good spray on next visit. Some leaves had bright white spots so removed those leaves. There some serious stretch between nodes and still only pre-flowers. Problem with that site is it too shaded so not getting enough sun. Projected pull from these = 1/2 oz per plant.

Site 2 - 5 x auto thc bomb.
20160702_142032.jpg
20160702_142043.jpg
20160702_142101.jpg
20160702_142111.jpg
20160702_142552.jpg

These are the plants that have actual buds showing on them. This site gets almost uninterrupted sun all day so that is why these are doing great. Some purple hue coming in the buds, i think they produce slightly purple buds judging by the pics from bomb seeds. It has also been quite cold during the day and even more so at nights for the past 3 days (temps on my balcony just a drop above 10°C so probably a degree or 2 lower out in the open).

Site 3 - 4 x russian rocket fuel and 1 x auto thc bomb.
20160702_143128.jpg
20160702_143138.jpg
20160702_143216.jpg
20160702_143227.jpg
20160702_143246.jpg
20160702_143206.jpg

Again, all doing well and the bomb budding and the rrf not far behind. Plenty of growth going on. This site gets sun ALL day, no shading at all. Last pic shows more of the spots i was going on about.

All plants were given a feed. 10L between 15 plants, that not enough but there has been plenty of rain over the past 2 weeks, just needed suplementing with nutes. Used half strength nutes (10ml per 5L) along with 4ml pk 13/14 per 5L (recommended dose of 1.5ml per L) so just over half strength. Also added 2 tbsps of black treacle between the 2 x 5L bottles. This should be ok till a couple of weeks when i go back and feed with full strength pk 13/14 with added black treacle.

Projected pull from sites 2 and 3 = 1oz per plant.

Also been thinking that the 2 plants i have on the balcony would benefit from being outside. No proper buds on them yet but plenty of pre-flowers for the past 23 days. May just take them out in their pots and put under the netting outdoors. Any opinions on that? I do know i would neex to get out once a week to get water to them as not sure how much rain will get to them. Not gonna transplant.

Dont think any lst would be worth it. I would have to bend the top halves of the plant over and if i break the stem then they would take a week or 2 to mend thus increasing the time to harvest. The outlying grass around the site is a metre+ in height so they are difficult enough to see anyway till you actually get near the site. The canes that support the meshing are 1.2m in height and cant really be seen from a distance. Haven't seen any signs of human traffic nearby and it a fair trek through the high grass to get there, so much so it difficult to know what you are stepping on. I could try bening them over a wee bit but not much. The meshing would increase the size to around 90cm in height, that includes the 10cm i would need to overlap the meshing for support. Will take pic of each site from a distance to show how much they are hidden.

Another in depth update but gonna post them in 3 different posts - 1 for each site.
Site no 3 -
20160708_152453.jpg
20160708_152509.jpg
20160708_154111.jpg
20160708_154120.jpg

A couple of close up shots. All doing well. Raised the meshing, it took a while as was by myself and have now placed slightly opaque plastic over it. It does shade out the sun a bit but not too much. Just want to avoid bud rot.

Site no 2 -
20160708_154313.jpg
20160708_155104.jpg
20160708_155111.jpg
20160708_162331.jpg
20160708_162341.jpg
20160708_162348.jpg

Group shot before and after. Messed up the covering so it will provide some protection from the rain. Some close up shots and different viewpoints. The bombs are showing a purple hue and i took a close sniff of 1 of them, oh - smells so sweet and lush, cant wait to smoke it.

Site no 1. Not so good. Took some of the low foliage off some of these plants. Masses of spacing between nodes on the main stems. Far too little light in this spot. Had a look at doing some lst with these plants but then disaster struck. 1 of the hod's that i was bending was bent too far and snapped! Have tied string to the meshing in the opposite way from the break to bring the stem back up. Am hoping it will hold and it will heal. These plants are taking a while to start budding. Just have to wait and be patient. Didnt get to cover this site much as ran out of sheeting.
20160708_164002.jpg
20160708_164018.jpg
20160708_165420.jpg
20160708_165442.jpg

Not so sure about the sheeting now. Anyone flying over will spot it and it may block out too much sun. Just have to wait and see. If it is blocking too much sun and it too noticable then will just cover with some netting again and take my chances of hoping but rot doesnt happen.

Rub rot will only thrive in fully formed dense buds.u no were near that yet so remove the sheeting for more sun would be beneficial for ur buds to form;).looking in great health.good job;):thumb::goodjob:

Not so sure about the sheeting now. Anyone flying over will spot it and it may block out too much sun. Just have to wait and see. If it is blocking too much sun and it too noticable then will just cover with some netting again and take my chances of hoping but rot doesnt happen.

As long as they're in veg/preflower, I think you're good without the plastic, but when the bud starts to form it might be a good idea to check them for mould regularly, so you can cut any starting rot off so it doesn't spread to healthy buds.

I've been thinking about getting big clear tarp and strap it over my plants, but the visibility from the air is a big problem and it's another expense and a lot of work.

Rub rot will only thrive in fully formed dense buds.u no were near that yet so remove the sheeting for more sun would be beneficial for ur buds to form;).looking in great health.good job;):thumb::goodjob:

I just had to cut 2 rotten buds off of my outdoor autos and I'm in the early flower stage and buds are still small and fluffy, it's been raining for 3 weeks now... It's to be a farmer in the north;)

Hey purplegunrack, sorry to hear that you had to cut off rotten buds so early on due to the rain. It been raining here a fair bit, every 2nd or 3rd day and when it does rain it been fairly heavy. I can tell this from the height of the nearby river. Someone had mentioned to me to try covering my plants from the rain in an earlier post and seen as buds are forming then it best to put in a preventative measure. I cant get out too often to my plants to check for any bud rot as i work, got family and although on hols for a couple of weeks i need to spend time with the kids. It also getting difficult to get out to the sites as it very wet underfoot and the grass in places is as tall as me.

Clear tarp sound like a good idea. I thought this plastic that i can get was a lot more clearer than what it was. Now seeing it on it does stick out a bit so that could attract attention from the sky. I may think of trying to remove the plastic and using large lengths of cling film, however, it will take a fair amount to cover each plot and it very flimsy so may not work at all. If it was due to be dry for the forseeable future or my plants were more easily accessible and closer then i would remove the plastic without hesitation. I think for the next couple of weeks till my next visit i will leave it on and see how things are next time i am up.

On another note the 2 on the balcony are needing watered/fed. Gonna use 1/3 strength all purpose feeder but give full strength pk 13/14. I probably should invest in some proper flower food but i may be ok with what i have. Need to start cutting back on the nitogen anyway now they into flowering, same as the outdoor plants. Would i be right in assuming that flower food is high in P and K without any N?

In that case i will just continue feeding as i was intending to do. Cutting back on the all purpose feed to 1/3 as i stated i would do then with the next feed cycle after 2 spells of plain water i will reduce it even further to around 1/8 strength with pk 13/14 at around 3/4 strength before finishing with plain water for the remainder. If i can get enough water to the site i will flush out the potted plants with around 10-15L of water each around 10-14 days before chop. Cant do that with plants in the ground so will have to hope that we get a good downpour to dilute whatever is in the soil, or if the weather is due to be dry (ha ha) then i can try give the plants a good watering with plain water to dilute whatever is in the soil.

I have a weird thing happening on some leaves of the bomb on the balcony. Have checked for bugs - nothing. Recently been fed but this was happening before the feed.
20160714_205436.jpg
20160714_205422.jpg

Also the top seems very droppy whereas the rest of the plant seems quite perky. Not quite sure why. Any ideas? As you'll see the top cola is forming quite nicely. Will post pics next week when buds are a bit bigger, they coming along nicely now but nothing to get major excited about.
20160714_205456.jpg

u may also want to check the ph of your water that you are using to feed your plants after u put your nutrients in. I was having a problem where my nutes brought my waters ph wayyyyy down. if you are using rain water that should be fine but your nutes could be bringing the ph down also if ur using collected rain water. if ph is good it is most likely a defieciency that can be corrected. hope this helps

Am amazed it has taken so long for a problem to show. Over 2 months with no problems. If i remember rightly ph of water in this area is around 6.5-6.8 (i grew hydro a few years back). Had no problems with the tap water last year and none this year till just recently and it only confined to a few spots on 1 plant. Not sure the ph is an issue and with only 4-5 weeks left and with plants budding nicely then best to leave it. I dont collect rainwater but it does fall on the plants outside where there are nutes in the ground supplemented with some from home.

Since i gave a mild feed around 9-10 days ago (1/3 strength all purpose ferts with full strength pk 13/14) there doesnt appear to be any furthering problems so perhaps it was a nute defficiency.

Have just given the 2 on the balcony a watering with treacle. Hoping this does them good. Soil not completely dry but not far off it. All buds are fattening up and seeing sugar leaves with trichs on them.

just out of interest the rain water round these parts (lake district) is 5.2. The tap water is 7.8.

I have 40L bucket i fill with tap water and aerate with pump and small stone for a day or so that comes out at 7.0. although i would rather use rain when i can, it`s gonna pour down tonight so me containers will get replenished lol.

I got a sample of water out of the local burn and the p.h. of that was something like 9 if i remember,it was quite brown expect with peat run off i didn't try me plants with it.

when i add growth nutes to the water the p.h. is way down to 3.6 which i take up to 6.3 or 6.4 which ever one i hit first. when i add bloom nutes and pk boost the p.h. is 6.3 or 6.4.

I`am trying to go total organic and i have like little toadstools growing along side the cannabis i took this as a good start. the soil mix is alive captain.

For next year i have outside a 75L bucket 1/3 full of seaweed and letting it fill with rain then cover to cook for a good year it smells delightful. regards

Back
Top Bottom