Auto Guerilla Grow - Scotland

Wee update. Nothing new on the outdoor grows (not that i know of as no been out). They will get pulled on sat regardless of size although the kc45's will still be left till end of oct.

My balcony ones are going great. The gdp is now packing on a big stretch and have noticed some pre-flowers (feminised seed anyway). Have included some pics but they a bit hazey as my camera lens on phone is crackes and dusty underneath. Tried to take one pic showing pre-flower (last pic in these 3).

20170809_210425.jpg
20170809_210433.jpg
20170809_210552.jpg

The super skunk is gathering some height as well but this has had lst applied around the rim of the pot. Will tie down 2 more times before leaving it to flower.

20170809_210152.jpg
20170809_210210.jpg
20170809_210228.jpg

I got round to harvesting what was done outdoors yesterday. Needless to say it wasnt much. Still the kc 45's to go but not banking on much from either of them, that is if they make it at all. Will get round to sorting them out in a visit in the next couple of weeks. Going to add some soil round the base and cut back the grass around each of them so they will get some much needed sunlighg. I trimmed what i could from the harvested plants, gave them a quick wash in h2o2 and then rinsed with tepid water, now they are left to dry for the next 3 or 4 days (wont take long as there wasnt much) before getting jarred to cure for 2-4 weeks before being smoked. They do smell a fair bit from what small amount there is and i reckon a couple of grams is what i will be left with.

20170812_123411.jpg
20170812_233407.jpg

On another note i now have 200L of soil sitting at my new plot for next year. Just need to take my canes and meshing from my current plot down to the new place and hide them till i am ready to set up. Will be digging and turning the soil over the winter then will cover with black bags. The meshing and canes will be sorted nearer the time to taking the new babies out. Hopefully the bags will slow down or even stop any new growth of grass and will lay soil down approx 2 weeks before the babies go out. Will be adding a box or 2 of fish blood and bone meal and a box of chicken manure pellets. This will allow the soil to "cook" before i take them out. Also gonna cover the plants with 2L plastic bottles for the 1st 2 weeks to keep them warm in the case of a cold snap.

Best i write most of this down now so when it comes to doing it next year i have my notes here to hand and to look back on.

Best i write most of this down now so when it comes to doing it next year i have my notes here to hand and to look back on.

That's why I find this journal thing so helpful. I forget all the little bits and bobs along the way and then I read from the beginning and see all the mistakes and corrections I've made. This grow for you was obviously plantus interruptus, and with all the prep you're already doing for next year I'm sure it will be a success, arson not withstanding!

Hope the precious grams you got smoke well when they're cured!:Namaste:

I agree. I read last year's journal and realised what i intended to do this year so was able to put it into practice. The arson was a pain in the arse and caused me no end of upset. The other site is difficult to get to and takes longer, soil not as good and in general a disappointing grow. At least i got something for my efforts and can now know what the strains would have been like at their full potential. I also know that i cannot skimp on soil for future grows regardless of what is growing roundabout. A little prep will go a long long way.

Buds are now fully dry (i knew it wouldnt have taken long) so they have been jarred to cure. Will leave them till the begin of oct before i try them. Got a half marathon then so once i have finished it and get home i can then sample some of the delights. Will get them weighed over the weekend and let you guys know what i got. Still got 2 plants to finish on my balcony and also got the 2 kc 45's to finish outdoors. I will probably dig them up and replant in some decent soil there or move them elsewhere and plant in some new soil. They will suffer some transplant shock but it can only help them in the long run. They are only 4"-5" in height so easily movable and the roots will be pathetic so a moving them will help them and hopefully add some height to them. Only time will tell.

So i just got round to weighing my "crop". A lowly 2.11g inc some stems from the choco skunk. Prob around 1.75g by the time they come off. Didnt think i would get more than a score bag (£20 for 2g). However, used a bud off the ak49, not much smell to it until i put it in the grinder. Has a nice pleasant citrusy smell to it and the smoke is pretty decent. Not mind blowing but am sure i will get an evening soon where i can sample more of it in 1 go.

The other 2 are doing fine. The gdp seems to have slowed with the stretching and pistils are appearing more everyday, now just waiting for it to start flowering properly. The ss is going to get tied down in 2 more places before being left to grow. Has a couple of wee nubs showing but too early to tell if it will be nanners or if it the start of calyxes. Am hoping for the latter. Placed a black bag over them overnight. I think the street lights may be affecting them but not sure so will be black bagging every 12 hours to be on the safe side.

Got out today to decommision the site and sort out the remaining 2 kc45's. Initially i couldnt find them as the grass was so long and it took a while. Both look fairly healthy but pretty small. No pre-flowers yet but it still just a bit early for photo's to be showing just yet. Another week or so and hope to see something. Long grass was ripped up making it easier to find them, meshing was taken down and canes ripped up. Used a small piece of meshing left from when the last site was burned down to put around the 2 plants and used 4 canes for support. Gave the plants a good feeding while i was there. Will be back out in a few days to dig up the plants and lay some fresh soil underneath and some more soil round the base as they are quite tall with no lateral branch growth at the bottom.

20170831_153655.jpg
20170831_153716.jpg
20170831_153723.jpg
20170831_154237.jpg
20170831_154250.jpg
20170831_154315.jpg

As i was writing this post i checked balcony plants. Found an infestation of some small white/green bugs on the underneath of a couple of leaves and a few bugs elsewhere. Ripped off 3 or 4 leaves then gave the plants a good spray that combats all sorts of bugs. Lasts for 4-6 weeks so will re-apply if i see any more, hopefully it wont be a problem. Instead of placing a bag over the plants at night i am now bringing them in at 8am and putting back out at 8am. Not sure if the street lights would cause a problem so am now taking action to make sure for definite there is no light during dark hours.

Good news. The super skunk is female and my lst has worked a treat with it. It wont yield much but most of the nugs will be of similar size bue the main cola will be slighly bigger. I reckon i will pull 5g-7g off this plant.

The gdp is packing on some size now. Stretch is over and there a lot of bud sites. I hope to not overestimate how much i will pull from this plant but i reckon 14g-28g. Will feed tomorrow and add pk 13/14 for the next couple of weeks.

Will post up some pics tomorrow.

Have given up the ghost on the last 2 outdoor plants. Will make a trip out at the weekend but not holding out much hope. Will end up transporting stuff from 1 place 2 the other and hoping that the high winds we had the other day hasnt blown it all away!

Started a flush on the super skunk. For such a small plant it packs some hell of a smell! Cant bring it indoors when we have guests over so am having to make alternative arrangements for it. Am going to cut it down ne t weekend so have flushed the 2L pot with 4L of water yesterday and will give another 4-5L on saturday and leave it for a week till i chop.

The gdp is starting to yellow off a bit. Will be having a look at the trich's soon to see if i am in the harvest window although i think it may be a bit too soon. It will probably need another feed before getting a flush.

Pics are of the super skunk. This was taken a few days ago and before i did a defol of the leaves which were pretty much dead.

20171017_110305.jpg
20171017_110317.jpg
20171017_110326.jpg
20171017_110347.jpg

Here are some photos of the gdp. Some of the leaves are starting to yellow and it was given a good feed yesterday alongside giving the super skunk one final flush. Will give the super skunk another wee check through the week just to see if the trich's are where i want them to be. Am sure i seen some looking clear yesterday so may be a bit early to chop next week but we will see. The trich's on the gdp are a mixture of cloudy and clear but i would prefer both to have some amber trich's. Gdp has around 3 weeks to go to chop. My biggest problem is lack of light. Sunlight doesnt hit my balcony till around 3pm and then sun set's around 6pm or so equalling 3 hours of direct sunlight. It is hurting potential growth. The last few days have been pretty cloudy too thus the plants are getting very low levels of light.

20171020_170157.jpg
20171020_170207.jpg
20171020_170220.jpg
20171020_170229.jpg
20171020_170247.jpg

Alright glasgrow
Hows it going bud?...I've been watching you grow from a distance, an absolute stoic effort sir.i know scotland a little, it's as hospitable to cannabis as the moon!!..your belcony girls are exactly the same as mine, (I'm a little south of you)..they got to a nice height, then the sun kept getting turned off so never really fattened up.but what ya gonna do a bud!..I had 2 dark devils and a super sour melon mass auto (thats alot to type.lol).cut them a couple days ago.only got grams aswell. .bloody sun on this island can b a right joke sometimes mate.
Can't wait for next year bud. .you know what you gotta do now, and your energy and enthusiasm is intoxicating.
Good luck jock
Happy growing

Am good smeghead. So you're just south of me. Glad to hear someone else making good of the bad weather we get here. With you growing autos on your balcony and the lack of sun you will find your buds fluffy and not fat but still smoke at the end of it though. I grew autos outdoors last year and ended up with fluffy buds too but you get what you put into it and with smoke at the end is what we want. The 2 here on my balcony are photos so the buds will be a bit fatter and not so fluffy. If you got discretion on your balcony and dont need to worry about unexpected guests the you could do photos instead of autos and force them to flower from mid-july, bring them in at night (8pm) and take out again at 8am. You will end up with fatter and more dense nugs. I look forward to one day being able to grow indoors with a tent and a light. Would probably go nft hydro again as you can get good results from only a couple of plants. Would love to have a tent of russian rocket fuels and use most of the buds to make a big block of bubble hash for my other half as it is great for pain relief.

You're one person that deserves the tent , keep dream glasgrow you'll get it sorted one day.
I'm quite lucky bud, I got a friend with space in his loft he lets use in the winter.just starting to set it up now.i do NFT also, little ones like kushtie but I put 10 clones on the table sea of green style, straight 12/12.that usually keeps me and the missus covered some of the year, just need to top it up with some autos.belcony growing is a challenge,i must face same direction as you, I get the sun about 2 o'clock in summer high.saying that last year I did brilliant, and I mostly had f*@k all to do with it. I got a couple of kiddies play houses (wendy house), joint the frame work together, then covered it in grow plastic from d.i.y shop.pucker little greenhouse, had 2 dark devils,1 pineapple exp autos..grew them till they started flowering, then I pissed off on a family holiday for 4 weeks, got six plastic milk bottles, knocked up some nutes, left a key with a GOOD friend whom watered them once after two weeks.when I got back, thought id find plant corpses but no, to my suprise they where rocking it.got 2.5 ounces of the dd, but the star of the show the p.e. gave me nesrly 2 ounces! !..
So my findings are : if u want great buds, piss off for a month!!.lol.

You would actually be better doing a couple of autos like kushtie. He has pulled 450g+ off an auto. That would be near on a kilo for you with that sort of grow. I meet kushtie from time to time and get his trim off him. I get a lift out from a pal to see him (he on the east of scotland). I pick through the bags and keep the sizeable good buds for smoking, the rest i make bubble with. Also tried some oil before and have yet to nail the knack for it and you cant smoke a lot of oil in 1 go. Getting some trim from him soon and he said i got half a plant of green poison sitting there so could end up with several grams after i gone through it all!

I know its crazy what kushtie does with those autos.got to admit I am tempted, but I've got to keep it slightly controlled, only 80×80 flowering space.with clones I can tame them better and still fill the space.if I had the room to let them go, I definitely would copy what he does.

Good shot on the oils, that's what I got to get on now.i got some dry popcorn and trim, also some frozen bud and trim for bubble hash.just gotta get the balls up to give it a go. Everyone on here makes it look well easy.
Cheers bud.

I know its crazy what kushtie does with those autos.got to admit I am tempted, but I've got to keep it slightly controlled, only 80×80 flowering space.with clones I can tame them better and still fill the space.if I had the room to let them go, I definitely would copy what he does.

Good shot on the oils, that's what I got to get on now.i got some dry popcorn and trim, also some frozen bud and trim for bubble hash.just gotta get the balls up to give it a go. Everyone on here makes it look well easy.
Cheers bud.

Hi smeghead, great name by the way .

Have you seen any of the threads on fresh harvest infused oils?
It's more for ingesting, internal applications and topicals rather than smoking but really effective and potent.

It's very easy to do, I really struggle to follow complicated processes and I manage fine with this. And all can be done on the stovetop and oven, nice and safe ..

Below are some amazing journals to guide you along the way.

SweetSue's Fresh Harvest Oil

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

Growing Against Alzheimers - A Purely Organic Experience

I have also posted a step by step guide on my journal that you are more than welcome to have a wee look at.

1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

Sorry for hijacking your journal here Glasgrow, I'll message you later and we can get this meet up sorted .

Cheers bud.

Here is a link for making bubble hash. Within that there is some useful information and also another link in that that shows a method which i adjusted to suit me. If you got the cash then buy proper branded bubble bags otherwise just get a cheap set of amazon. If you got a lot of popcorn/trim then get the 5 gallon bags, if it just a small amount then get a 1 gallon set, that is what i have.

Oils i make from isopropyl alcohol - just a basic isowash and the iso can be used to clean the bags. You can get a big bottle off amazon for a few pound and get the stuff that is 99% or 100%, it is better and will evaporate quicker. Personally i would not use an open flame to evaporate but you can use a hob on lowest heat to quicken evaporation and lessen the risk of a fire. Leave to sit out for a couple of days (dependant on how much liquid there is) is the best way and no risk of fire.

Check on youtube for videos on how to make oil. There are loads out there. If you have a lot of trim and popcorn for it then it good to make a big batch in 1 go but keep in mind that different strains will behave differently (sticky, runny, hard etc).

Thanks loads glasgrow, ganganinja.
Some great information there gentlemen, gonna have to one of the processes this week . everything running out, so time to pull me finger out.
Busy week, gotta set up the flower room, cut clones aswell. Its like a job more than hoby this time of year..
Just think in other countries it is someone's job, they actually get paid for it!!!!.

An update is long overdue. Pulled my super skunk a couple of weeks ago and it been washed, dried and now curing. I took an early tester, speed dried and it smoked nice. Had enough for 2 joints and it very strong. Not much smell yet but the cure will sort that out, burping the jar once a day. Excluding the tester i got 1.5g so with tester i reckon about 1.7g.

The gdp is now entering the final stage. Flushed today and will do another flush next week. The lack of sun and light is hurting my yield so at nights i am bringing my plant indoors and covering with a bag to protect from light (only got 1 lamp and tv on in living room anyway). Am bringing it in so it not exposed to the cold at night (close to freezing here) and hoping the warmth will help with the last 2-3weeks of growth. Been systematically defoliating the plant as time goes by. Any really yellow leaves or those that look done (burnt edges and crispy fan leaves) have been taken off. Will do a big defol next week and leave it for a week before i chop. Will be cutting the plant down in one chop and will probably just hang in a box for a week to 10 days before trimming the buds off and jarring for cure. Will obviously trim before the plant dries out as it a nightmare to trim after it dry.

I gave up the ghost on the kc45's. Havent been out there in ages. May take a trip out in the next few days to see what is there although i doubt there will be much there.

Will post up some more pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom