Staying under the radar?

Noobster

hi guys,

i got some quick questions. i'm going to start my first grow soon. i'll be using a prefabricated grow box. Caddy

1. do you think this system will cause such a big spike in my electricity bill that the power co will tell the cops? if not, do you think i could get away with running two of these grow boxes from the same house or would that be pushing my luck?

2. this is probably a really dumb question one way or another so i'll just ask. can i get seeds delivered to southern california from an online source WITHOUT getting in trouble with US Customs or DEA or basically any dudes with guns....and badges.....and a predisposition to telling others how to live?

3. what would be a good strain to use in a grow box this size? my personal faves to smoke are NL and WW.

4. are feminized seeds worth the extra cash?

5. what's your favorite planet?

thanks for any all info. this web site is a godsend. cheers and may all your days be 4/20!

hi guys,

i got some quick questions. i'm going to start my first grow soon. i'll be using a prefabricated grow box. Caddy

1. do you think this system will cause such a big spike in my electricity bill that the power co will tell the cops? if not, do you think i could get away with running two of these grow boxes from the same house or would that be pushing my luck?

2. this is probably a really dumb question one way or another so i'll just ask. can i get seeds delivered to southern california from an online source WITHOUT getting in trouble with US Customs or DEA or basically any dudes with guns....and badges.....and a predisposition to telling others how to live?

3. what would be a good strain to use in a grow box this size? my personal faves to smoke are NL and WW.

thanks for any all info. this web site is a godsend. cheers and may all your days be 4/20!
You did not mention the size of your lamps so it is hard to say whether or not your electric bill will skyrocket. Any sudden spike in usage will raise questions, jusy be ready with good answers as to why the sudden increase. Also, first and foremost, be sure your wiring can handle the extra wattage. Nothing says your fucked like the Fire Dept outside your home. Soon, the pitter patter of nosey little cop feet will follow. There are many reliable Seed Distributors that will send thier goods very discreetly. However, the rule of the proverbial Green Thumb is to never have anything purchased online sent directly to where your operation is set up. If at all possible, use the home of a VERY trusted friend or family member away from where you live. Indicas do well indoors as they have short flowering periods and do not grow very tall as do Equatorial types (Sativas). Northern Lights #5 is a good choice as is White Widow. Blue Cheese is another good indoor strain that results in heavy yields when done correctly. These strains will also do well outdoors. Any seeds you purchase from an online or magazine source and once again the key word is "reliable", will contain a high number of female candidates. You don't want to take a chance with bag seeds only to find out after all your trouble that you have been nuturing male offspring. My favorite planet would be one where I could ride my motorcycle everyday, everybody was cool and got along, my God I sound like Rodney King, lol, and everybody had a Joint in thier pocket and a smile upon thier face to share with everybody else...:ganjamon:

That system has a 400 watt lamp... no, you will not have to worry about the power company. It would take 4000 watts... and still, your best chance of getting caught would be from telling the wrong person.

hi guys,

1. No. PG&E want to make $ off you
2. Order your seeds thru the US, Canada, or UK. Shipments from The Netherlands often get intercepted. US suppliers are the safest but more expensive and harder to find
3. Any hardy and easy to grow indica will do great.
4.Most definately. Not having to presex the plants saves at least three weeks in a beginning grow plus no plants,soil, nutes, etc are wasted.
5. Earth. Marijuana only grows on Earth so all the other planets can suck it!:yummy:

hi obx,
thanks for the info. i was wondering though. if i run two of these from one my home, do you think i'll be ok with the Power Co? so you think they'll call if they see a 800 watt spike?

thanks again obx.

So you can breath a little easier....

For comparison, and argument sake. A window Air Conditioner could run 1500w. So an 800w "spike" is like a pimple to the power company. You won't be announcing anything.

You can even do the electrical calculation, just look at your bill and get your price per Kw. Then you can use one of the online calculators to measure your $$ increase. I'm guessing $40-60 for 800w.

SF

1. No. PG&E want to make $ off you
2. Order your seeds thru the US, Canada, or UK. Shipments from The Netherlands often get intercepted. US suppliers are the safest but more expensive and harder to find
3. Any hardy and easy to grow indica will do great.
4.Most definately. Not having to presex the plants saves at least three weeks in a beginning grow plus no plants,soil, nutes, etc are wasted.
5. Earth. Marijuana only grows on Earth so all the other planets can suck it!:yummy:

Hi oranjeblood,

thanks for responding bro.

So you can breath a little easier....

For comparison, and argument sake. A window Air Conditioner could run 1500w. So an 800w "spike" is like a pimple to the power company. You won't be announcing anything.

You can even do the electrical calculation, just look at your bill and get your price per Kw. Then you can use one of the online calculators to measure your $$ increase. I'm guessing $40-60 for 800w.

SF

haha thanks SF! i guess i'm just paranoid. i just want to get as much knowledge as possible and not make any mistakes that could land me in hot water.

thanks for your help. really puts it in perspective.

:thanks:

hi guys,

1. do you think this system will cause such a big spike in my electricity bill that the power co will tell the cops? if not, do you think i could get away with running two of these grow boxes from the same house or would that be pushing my luck? You could run a few of these 400 w no problem but "Grows 11-17lbs. of dried plant matter per year in the Caddy" Caddy is going to have to turn you into the sun to accomplish that...LOL,,,even if it only made you from my fav planet Mars, you would probably only pull about 4lbs / yr from that thing...still covering the cost of the unit even if your an average grower pulling a couple of pounds!

2. this is probably a really dumb question one way or another so i'll just ask. can i get seeds delivered to southern california from an online source WITHOUT getting in trouble with US Customs or DEA or basically any dudes with guns....and badges.....and a predisposition to telling others how to live?Why not get clones somewhere and save yourselve a few months of work.

3. what would be a good strain to use in a grow box this size? my personal faves to smoke are NL and WW.WW is a personal fav.

4. are feminized seeds worth the extra cash? Yes but see above if possible.

5. what's your favorite planet? some days we all wish we were on it...LOL

Hi oranjeblood,

thanks for responding. in your opinion, what kind of wattage is cutting it too close with PG&E? also, you think i can run two of these boxes-400 watt each. from the same address and not have the power co. snoop around?

thanks again bro.

I think you can run those w/out any worries from the utility company. You pretty much have to get gaudy with power consumption where you are pulling 4-5x as much as your neighbor. Good excuses if inquired are " I got a new hot tub or portable sauna or electric fireplace or electric water heater,oven etc.
Also, run your lights/system at night so when they read your meter it is'nt spinning like crazy.:goodluck:

haha thanks SF! i guess i'm just paranoid. i just want to get as much knowledge as possible and not make any mistakes that could land me in hot water.

thanks for your help. really puts it in perspective.

:thanks:

No worries Mate. Unless you have a caregiver license, we've all been and felt the same position your in.

Just be careful and quiet. It'll all be great.

SF

PS. And don't burn anything down. :;):

hi LEDtester,

i guess i was asking about seeds bc i figure i won't be able to get clones for my first grow. i would have to grow a "mother" plant first right? and even then i would have to learn the ins and outs of making clones. i figured for my first grow just going with feminized seeds would be better.

LED do you know if medical marijuana dispensaries sell clones?

thanks man.

hi LEDtester,

i guess i was asking about seeds bc i figure i won't be able to get clones for my first grow. i would have to grow a "mother" plant first right? and even then i would have to learn the ins and outs of making clones. i figured for my first grow just going with feminized seeds would be better.

LED do you know if medical marijuana dispensaries sell clones?

thanks man.

Up here our Federal Gov grows our meds and I don't believe they do but many in the states do. I would check locally as clones save you a bit of time if you want to continue.

Electricity should not be a problem.
Loose lips seem to be the number one cause of people with guns and badges wanting to give you a not so luxurious vacation at not so nice places.
As a former ward of the state, I found out most of the folks in there were either stupid, talked too much or both.
If you know you are growing, and no one else does, then odds are really against you getting busted (smaller grows here folks).
I am growing some bag seeds, first time ever growing anything.
Figure I will take clones when they sex while vegging, and plus pollinate a branch or two of each female I get.
That way I don't have to worry about bringing anyone else into my business.
Might not get primo uber-dope, but I am sure once I make a tincture out of it, it will make my back not hurt as much, which is what I am looking for anyway.

Back
Top Bottom