Stem is bending after 3 days in jar.

kabar

Hi all,I havn't done a journal, since I have no camera. I did snap a few pics, but that's irrelavent now. (I'll post later.)
I want to thank everyone for their contributions, as I would not have been able to reach this point without all your posts and comments in the forums.

OK, I hung my mini-me for a week in a well ventilated and cool attic till the stems snapped clean. I put my medicine in a jar, but three days later the stem bends now. The two colas (10" long lol) are very light and airy but don't feel wet.
Should I put them in a paper bag, or continue to take them out of the jar for 20 min daily and burb evey 8hrs. (that's what I'm doing now.)

I don't want to screw up now and ruin my meds. Ive come to far in my first grow.:thedoubletake:

Oh yeah, should I strip the buds off the main stem? They are still on it and it is thick. The stem is about 3/8 of an inch on both colas which are only about 8-10" long. Is this keeping in too much moisture?

Thanx in advance 420 friends ;)

Ins_photos_5_-_08_066.jpg

The stem had a hard snap after a week in the attic, hanging in a cardboard box with a fist size hole on each side.
The flowers right now are light and airy, feel slightly crisp to the touch, slightly. The main stem is pretty fat for a small cola.

I don't want mold, and they don't feel wet. I'm afraid if I take em out and dry till the stem snaps again, I'll end up with dust. Or lock in the chlorophil smell and taste.

Ins_photos_5_-_08_060.jpg

The pic above was right after the chop. These are today, after hanging for 7 days at 58-72 degrees with low to moderate humidity, and 4 days in a mason jar.
harvest_0013.jpg

harvest_0004.jpg

And this is the 2nd girl. She was cut down (or clipped down....lol)and pics taken, the same day Ursula went into a jar.

You can't see it but for some reason she was turning purple at the top in the new growth. I wanted to wait but trichs said now. 60/40 with a few amber.

Ursula was topped once and produced two colas that hit the lid of the box, you can see the top bent over in the first pic.

I FIMed this one and the results speak for themselves, I'm gonna FIM from now on.
My grow box is a (modified) plastic container 18"L x 12"W x 16"H, both girls grew in it.

I have this one hanging in the grow box, the bottom lined with paper bags, and the fan with my half a$$ed carbon filter on low.
Temps are between 68 and 74 degrees, low humidity, and there is no direct airflow on them. Just constant air circulation.

I think a few more days 1-2 (5-6 total) should do it as this enviroment is alot more stable and ideal than the attic that I used for the first.
I'll stop rambling now. (tester nugs have my head spinning, heavy Sativa effect, very social, very uplifting. Can't wait till X-mass (if she doesn't turn to mold or dust)
I'm so worried about screwing up after coming this far.
Ins_photos_5_-_08_0089.jpg

Ins_photos_5_-_08_0088.jpg

Ins_photos_5_-_08_090.jpg

Ins_photos_5_-_08_0091.jpg

looks like u have some over fetrtiliation problems homie u neeed to back off your nutes, check your numbers, and flush your shit man. ican see in the pics that the leaves are super waxy like shiney texture, yellow and curled under. those ar all tell tale sings for over fertilizing your stuff. next time use different lower numbered nutreints

Thankyou for the info, I wondered why they looked so waxy ;O
I'm new to growing my own canabis.My 1st time and no camera, so I was trying to figure it out.

Note: 4 weeks into flower I really noticed a turn for the worse, I didn't know the ferts change PH. When I checked the fert mix as well as the runoff......well the test kit only goes as low as 5 and it didn't even go that high.
I corrected the PH with 1/3 tsp baking soda (per gal.) and it brought it up to around 6.5 with fert.

And yes, I flushed both girls 2 weeks before I cut em. Ash is tastless. (I taste the ash of meds and can tell how well they where flushed, no taste= good flush and probably organic, mineral or bitter taste= not flushed well, not organic. IMO
I won't cook with stuff that is not clean if ya know what I mean.

I need to find a good flower fert for my next indoor soil grow.

Hopefully next time will be better.:thedoubletake:

Thanx Cherma, I'll try one of those. ;)>

your bud should be fine. I really don't think you need to re-dry anything. As for your big colas. Leave the bud on the stick. No need to strip the colas. IMO that's just wrong. Nothing better then taking a little off a giant cola each day to smoke. Keep burping your jars. I have always burped my jars only once a day for about a 1/2 hour or so and have never seen mold on any of my buds ever. Just make sure you don't pack the jars tightly. Keep it pretty loose so the jar can fully ventilate easily.

Back
Top Bottom