Strain differences

Stretchiness, length of flowering, finicky nutrient needs, low budrot resistance, hermaphroditie tendencies from bad genetics, general scraggliness or bad structure like too weak, floppy, bushy, etc.
Sometimes you get a strain that's produces killer bud but has some or all of these issues. Try not to, because it's harder to throw out....

Bug and Mold resistance strains are a good choice for new growers.

Some strains are less forgiving meaning if u over nute certain strains they will die, where as some other strains will recover.

Samething for over watering and what nutes your using and what medium.

Are those things the only complications?

It depends. I don't mind long flowering strains. But for example the Pineapple Chunk I've grown for a couple years is quite horrible to work with. The bud is killer but it's very prone to mould and is generally a real pain in the ass. Floppy, bushy, scraggly, horribly sticky and smelly (usually that would be a good thing but it's not that fun when it needs so much tending and trimming). Mostly it's the mould that's the problem. If your local RH is low though it wouldn't be as big an issue. I'm just trying to find something good enough to replace it in the killer indica dept.

This is going to be my first grow so is any northern lights strain easier than other strains and any kind of white widow?

Which strain do you find easiest to grow?
The one that you grow properly is the easiest.

Seriously not being an idiot... but its true.

Many can grow any strain and whats easy for them may not be for you.

Its trial and error till you get it right.

But try Northern Lights or White Widow... Auto Feminized seeds... Auto is easier for begginers... only one light cyle is needed.

18/6 light cycle no need for 12/12 as it will Auto Flower no matter what, some ppl will run Autos 24 cycle no darkness.

Which strain do you find easiest to grow?

That's a tough question. Most commercial strains won't be unusually difficult- or unusual in any other way. The large mainstream seedbanks mostly just sell different versions the same stuff- crosses of a few main building-block strains given new stupid names. Or if a name becomes popular then everyone tries to make a version of it and give it the same name. But 90% of the stuff you see out there will be pretty much as 'easy' as anything else and won't present any special challenges. It kind of depends on your grow space - whether you need a short plant- or have high RH and worry about mould, etc.
Seedbank often list some strain attributes including - 'ease of grow'

Lots of growing info in this link. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

So what's the light cycle for autos?
I already stated that.. no need for the 12/12 portion when growing Autos.

But try Northern Lights or White Widow... Auto Feminized seeds... Auto is easier for begginers... only one light cyle is needed.

18/6 light cycle no need for 12/12 as it will Auto Flower no matter what, some ppl will run Autos 24 cycle no darkness.

So you can run a 24 light cycle for autos? For the entire duration?
Yes you can but most will run 18/6 to to help reduce heat temps and so forth.

So 24hrs always on is not really needed for autos.

18 on and 6 off... all the way through Veg and Flower for Auto is the most common to use.

Back
Top Bottom