Strain Review: Glookies By Barney’s Farm

Glookies1

I’m just finishing my second grow from seed.

Bought 5 seeds, all popped and all survived through harvest in the first run.

4 of the plants were rather short, extremely bushy indica dominate plants.

Not surprising as it’s a mostly indica strain.

1 plant was considerably taller and lanky. Much more sativa in appearance. It also took 2 weeks longer to finish.

I took cuttings from all 5 plants, labeled, and kept the Sativa pheno and the most robust indica pheno.

the second run is all the best indica pheno, and I’ll run the sativa pheno next.

It’s certainly a good yielding strain, but slowish to finish. 10 weeks on the indica leaner, 12 on the sativa.

As a whole, the first 5 plants yielded 550 grams dry with a relatively short veg time from seed. Not horrible.

This second run is only 4 of the best indica pheno, but looks to be over 600 grams, maybe more. I scrogged it and it responded well to more, but shorter, colas.

Lab testing came back at 21.6 Thc, pretty solid. (I love Michigan. Lol. $40 to test. )

2 “downside” issues.

1: The leaf to calyx ratio sucks. It’s not only bushy, it seems to pop lots of sugar leaves too. It’s a trimmers nightmare. Light penetration is an issue too.

2:I don’t care for the taste. It was organically grown, dried and cured properly too. It’s not a bad taste, it’s just different, hard to describe really.

It could be at least partially, the amount of sugar leaf the snippers can’t get that cause the taste I don’t care for.

The effects are nice, relaxed, but not sleepy or couch lock. Just right for going fishing.

I am going to grow out the Sativa pheno while I pop some new seeds and veg them up.

The sativa pheno has more hope. It had much less leaf, both on the plant and in the bud. Same potency, slightly more energetic in effect, and it yielded well in the first run.

Has a better taste to it too, still too much on the the “perfume” side for me.

Here’s a pic of the bud

Attachments

• B1FC969E-275D-47AF-B9F6-46DF8D6425BB.jpeg
    B1FC969E-275D-47AF-B9F6-46DF8D6425BB.jpeg
    764.2 KB · Views: 526
Back
Top Bottom