Struggling with my plants

I’m not sure I’m experiencing root rot, I cut a piece of brown root off and ran it under some water to find the brown wipes off. Idk if it’s not rot for certain but the residue on my roots is pretty similar to gh micro
Do they smell? If they don’t smell you could be right.

Hi, it's likeky that the root rot never went completely away, and has come back... it was never gone entirely from the root system. So what you have done below the root system after the fact, shall have no effect. at this I point don't have a solution. However, having been someone who has experienced this before I can tell you a few things. By the way, seems the order of your nute mix is ok. Definitely NOT the problem. Even though you have seen successful grows with transparent hose, I highly recommend you switch out for black. You should try to maintain your nute temp not much higher than 71.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Highly oxygenate your water to each bucket, the more the better. Change out nutes once a week. Keep your growspace clean from the get go. Wash your hands prior to handling plants, and clean your buckets and hoses at every nute change. I use hot water and wipe everything with a clean rag.

1613515339904976350256667011904.jpg

Use a large pump to each bucket to really oxiginate well. The black one on the right is not adequate especially if your grow reaches higher temps.
IMG_20210216_063322_530.jpg

IMG_20210216_194741_621.jpg

This is where I am at in my grow. I currently have four 5 gallon buckets. Ph 5.7 ppm 550

One more thing, you should have one mixing bucket that you mix for nutes in for all your buckets. And if possible make sure you are mixing your nutes into oxiginated water especially make sure you are adjusting your PH in oxiginated water and make sure your PH is stabalized before changing your buckets. Then your daily ph adjustments will be minimum.

9567FDFA-95AC-412A-8484-F80EB2B42C8F.jpeg
3B8C6AAC-BB1E-41C3-A70A-E425E7AF55D5.jpeg
I think we’re doin alright. The roots fixed themselves after I wrapped any possible light leak from the bucket and added more hydroton. I tied the top down to try and keep a even canopy, I think I need to start earlier to fully utilize lst/hst. I’m not sure if I should defoliate, but they’re coming in pretty thick. How much longer before I should flip to flower?

F3C40E0F-1E26-45BE-B5AA-B2BD60033D65.jpeg

4375C01A-3F3C-4CBA-B332-FC4D39A1DD90.jpeg

71601646-1454-49FF-85E5-A48987A8048B.jpeg

BF602890-A40B-4F58-B004-D05E4476E36D.jpeg

You can flip when you want, it all depends on how much room, strain you have, remember when you flip they will at least double in size so you want to leave some room between the top of the plant and your light. Looking good now since you have fixed the foot rot. :thumb:
Thank you the rot looks like it comes back a little each water change but its healing fine. I plan on lollipoping before I flip, do you have any experience with stress training?

I do a light LST just enough to let more light into the canopy, i use pipe cleaners hook it to the branch, pull the stem back and i hook the other end under the lid of my top hat. Its kind of a pain in the ass for when you want to add water you have to un tuck from lid, it would be alot better if i just use the small screw in hooks for tie downs. :passitleft:

I am with the guy who asked if they smell or not. If they don't I would say its the silica/gh trio discoloring your roots. My advice is to flip soon with a plan for them to stretch and be able to get to your reservoirs for maintenance. The biggest thing I would do is quit messing with those roots if they arent slimy and smelly.

3 weeks into flower. Still getting some deficiencies here and there but nothing unfixable. I think my deficiencies came from feeding 10 ml flora grow nutrients up to week 2 of flower. Stopped using grow nutes and switched to bloom (also upped calmag) and they are pretty happy.

5EE09D17-A206-4DEC-A5C9-A693DCCA30DF.jpeg

583FAEE8-2C56-4E63-B214-CCFA5632B6FF.jpeg

EF897B6A-BAEC-4A37-BF10-36956FB3DB94.jpeg

Been focused on stopping the yellowing completely. The metallic reflection was the biggest. But the information on different bulbs has almost disappeared....
If you look at the wavelength between the 2, there is a complete filling of other wavelengths, mostly "blue". 4200k is the 'blue' bulb, 3100 is the "red " bulb, that everyone is using for flowering!
Yes, the roots are killer, now get 4200k's and take out that yellow dude!
TinMan

Back
Top Bottom