Superoots Air Pots -An Evolution in Containers

High OMM,
Actually that light is a T5. A 2' 8 bulb lamp. Just about as good as any hi end led for veg. It did just as good of job as my 250 watt mh so I made the switch to save on energy.
Here's a better pic of the nursery and the 3 day old sprouts

000_04481.JPG

Well great OB Your right t-5s are just as good, if not better. I should look closer :) I still veg indoors with my CFLs. Talk about getting your money's worth!

Have to admit looking at someone else's AirPots is a bit strange. So few people are using them so far, but the numbers are growing.

Great looking sprouts for 3 days! Mine jumped a couple of inches yesterday, The accelerated growth is fascinating. Take care Bro. :)

:nicethread: 5 Stars

Great info Bandit, I think I might try an air pot for a mother plant. No stores around here, I'll be googleing the names you gave. Thanks!

Well great OB Your right t-5s are just as good, if not better. I should look closer :) I still veg indoors with my CFLs. Talk about getting your money's worth!

Have to admit looking at someone else's AirPots is a bit strange. So few people are using them so far, but the numbers are growing.

Great looking sprouts for 3 days! Mine jumped a couple of inches yesterday, The accelerated growth is fascinating. Take care Bro. :)

I know what you mean about the strange sensation seeing them in another garden. I always do a double take on your pics with my first thought being " I dont remember growing that?" quickly realizing it's an OMM beauty. I think it's because they're so rare and so unique from every other soil grow we see.

:nicethread: 5 Stars

Great info Bandit, I think I might try an air pot for a mother plant. No stores around here, I'll be googleing the names you gave. Thanks!

Get ready Bro! You're gonna have a plant that will grow very fast and take over her space in a hurry.

You should be able to buy them in singles from quail mountain ranch. OMM has a link to a good source too. I dont think Aroidian Research has had any for quite a spell now.
Growing indoors you'll need a good drip pan to catch the run off. I like to rewater with the run off until there hardly is any run off and the pot is completely saturated. It's nearly impossible to over water in an air pot.

Thanks for posting your links OMM!
Looking at the different sizes and the colored bottoms I think the two I have which i thought were 5.2 gallons are actually the massive 30 litre pots since mine have the black bottoms.
I also have sets of the orange bottom 3 liter, the yellow bottom 7.5 liters, and the green bottom 12.5. + a good selection of the 1 liter seed starters.

I really like some of the other sizes they have available in Scotland. The big compost bin is reallly cool and those salad trays would be perfect for salads, radishes, strawberries etc. That potato tower is really neat too!
Caledonian Tree Company has definately taken these things to a whole other level.:yahoo:

Thanks for posting your links OMM!
Looking at the different sizes and the colored bottoms I think the two I have which i thought were 5.2 gallons are actually the massive 30 litre pots since mine have the black bottoms.
I also have sets of the orange bottom 3 liter, the yellow bottom 7.5 liters, and the green bottom 12.5. + a good selection of the 1 liter seed starters.

I really like some of the other sizes they have available in Scotland. The big compost bin is reallly cool and those salad trays would be perfect for salads, radishes, strawberries etc. That potato tower is really neat too!
Caledonian Tree Company has definately taken these things to a whole other level.:yahoo:

Yeah! they have just about everything covered.:) You have a 30 liter? That would take some soil! :)
Those potato pots are outrageous! :grinjoint:
What gets me is how cheap they are to ship from England to Hawaii. They usually only take 2 or 3 weeks to get here. eBay could learn from them. :yahoo:

Yeah! they have just about everything covered.:) You have a 30 liter? That would take some soil! :)
Those potato pots are outrageous! :grinjoint:
What gets me is how cheap they are to ship from England to Hawaii. They usually only take 2 or 3 weeks to get here. eBay could learn from them. :yahoo:

Yeah I'm pretty sure now that it is indeed the 30l. That's one of them in that pic next to the five gallon buckets to give you an idea of just how big they are. They're just as big as some seven gallon pots I have. Maybe a little wider. 30l is about 8 gallons right?
I cant stop thinking about those air pot compost bins. I'll probably end up ordering one before the day is over. I want to use one for recycling my soil into compost for my garden and maybe my outdoor plants for the coming years. Plus it would look super cool out in the yard! :)

Will you be keeping the hydro/air pot comparison up to date? I'd like to follow that. Thanks for all the info.

I'll post pics from time to time here but if you want gory details and no holds barred weekly updates I recommend checking my journal each week.
Feel free to chime in with questions, comments, & ideas about anything going on in that thread! :welcome:

Hi OB Guilty again of answering you and for getting to hit send. I hate that!:smokin:

:smokin:? no it's more like :tokin:

Hi guys. Thanks to OMM I got into air-pots.

Do you know if 3 gal be enough to support one plant from veg to flowering? Right now I have a few 3 gal, few 2 and the 1 are coming in a few days. Mainly I'm having the 3 gal for the girls just came out of veg to be transplanted into 3 gal to finish off its life in flowering.

I've used the 12L (close to 3gal) for veg and flower. This size is the largest I have for now. The only issue is during the high heat, even indoors, the plants need extra TLC. I have had to water 2-3x per day.

I especially love the smallest size for clone root development. Like OB said, you can start in something like that and move to whatever container you like.

I gave my harvested plants to a friend for regeneration. The Air Pot created such an incredible root system, these plants are happy happy happy now outside, in ground.

Hi guys. Thanks to OMM I got into air-pots.

Do you know if 3 gal be enough to support one plant from veg to flowering? Right now I have a few 3 gal, few 2 and the 1 are coming in a few days. Mainly I'm having the 3 gal for the girls just came out of veg to be transplanted into 3 gal to finish off its life in flowering.

Hi HighDive I guess we will find out about the 3 gallon size being big enough a to grow a plant from scratch. I would think the answer is yes. I have some babies in 3 litter pots for vegging. Soon I am going to put them in 14 liter airpots. That equals 3.1 gallons. I plan on keeping them in the 3.1 pot all the way to the end. The reason I am trying them is last grow my 3.7 gallon airpots had much more unused soil than I expected. My feeling is that the 3.1 gallon pots will do the same job as the larger ones. Even though I am not using them all the way from scratch, I think the results may be the same. Hope I made sense! :thumb:

I've used the 12L (close to 3gal) for veg and flower. This size is the largest I have for now. The only issue is during the high heat, even indoors, the plants need extra TLC. I have had to water 2-3x per day.

I especially love the smallest size for clone root development. Like OB said, you can start in something like that and move to whatever container you like.

I gave my harvested plants to a friend for regeneration. The Air Pot created such an incredible root system, these plants are happy happy happy now outside, in ground.

Man, thats cool! They do create great root structures. I see them doing well outside. Amazing pots! :surf:

Back
Top Bottom