SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

I'd be a little hesitant to believe someone who thought "morphodite" was a word over what Sue says, lol.

But IDK. The guy might have been wholly consumed with gardening from a young age and, therefore, missed class that day ;) .

Found it! :ganjamon:

iu

I had it right, just explained incorrectly K, so thank you for straightening out my erroneous language choices. The photographs explain it better anyway. Females look like lovely volcanos. Males look wonky. :rofl:

Guy.... Such a rude thought, but women think men are a little wonky anyway. :rofl:

I'd be a little hesitant to believe someone who thought "morphodite" was a word over what Sue says, lol.

But IDK. The guy might have been wholly consumed with gardening from a young age and, therefore, missed class that day ;) .

I never paid much attention to what he wrote TS, and I'm not really proud to admit that. :rolleyes: I caught what he was suggesting from the photographs he included, and I've found it to be 100% reliable for not only myself but anyone else I know who tried it.

When I was visiting a grower in the hills of Jamaica his wife proudly explained her method for picking out the female seeds and we discovered we had that trick in common. She gets razzed about it too, and her husband just smiles while his fields sprout females every time.

I never paid much attention to what he wrote TS, and I'm not really proud to admit that. :rolleyes: I caught what he was suggesting from the photographs he included, and I've found it to be 100% reliable for not only myself but anyone else I know who tried it.

When I was visiting a grower in the hills of Jamaica his wife proudly explained her method for picking out the female seeds and we discovered we had that trick in common. She gets razzed about it too, and her husband just smiles while his fields sprout females every time.

I've also heard this method is very accurate. Someone once said it's about 90% but you need to be very selective in choosing the females, so if it's "borderline", you throw it out. I personally have always sprouted feminized seeds, so never really paid attention, but just picked up a couple of packs of regulars to use for some breeding in the future, so, if I remember, I'll try to test it out on a mixed bag.

That saved me some research, I will probably just keep planting healthy seeds anyway since I am working on breeding at the moment. But this information is invaluable, I won't forget it and thank you for sharing.

Lol, I made life so much more complicated earlier with my new boards. They sent me wires to wire in series and I mind-effed myself with my lack of electrical knowledge and managed to wire them in parallel. Lol. I been smoking all day,but it hit 106° today up here, heat seems to really murk up the waters.

I've also heard this method is very accurate. Someone once said it's about 90% but you need to be very selective in choosing the females, so if it's "borderline", you throw it out. I personally have always sprouted feminized seeds, so never really paid attention, but just picked up a couple of packs of regulars to use for some breeding in the future, so, if I remember, I'll try to test it out on a mixed bag.

So... ~90% of all feminized seeds will have this physical trait, then?

I have been advised many times, over the years, to "greet each new day with a smile."

Makes sense - if you greet the new day with a smile, it won't have any idea what you're planning to do to it ;) .

It is 12:20am here and you got me thinking about digging out my DDA/SSDC seeds just to look. Lol

Well, Sue says 100% and she doesn't use the term, "morphodite"! :rofl:
I honestly don't know, TS, since as I said, I've never paid much attention or tested it personally; and you know as well as anyone that there's a lot of "old wives tales" from growers floating around. But, I have heard about this from several sources and they all claim is highly accurate. That graphic was about as close as I could get to actual "science" when I was looking into it (not very close! ;) ).

It is 12:20am here and you got me thinking about digging out my DDA/SSDC seeds just to look. Lol

Popular seeds, those. I wonder how many first-time cannabis growers are growing or have grown them. Some non-zero amount, one hopes.

Well, Sue says 100% and she doesn't use the term, "morphodite"! :rofl:
I honestly don't know, TS, since as I said, I've never paid much attention or tested it personally; and you know as well as anyone that there's a lot of "old wives tales" from growers floating around. But, I have heard about this from several sources and they all claim is highly accurate. That graphic was about as close as I could get to actual "science" when I was looking into it (not very close! ;) ).

Maybe it was... snobbish(?) of me to post that comment, IDK. I suppose we all use some sort of slang at one time or another in our lives. Most of us probably wouldn't do so on an important document or on a chart we expected to be widely disseminated. An assumption on my part, perhaps. IDK. I'm surrounded by hillbillies (mostly good people), have somewhat of a "thing" for words, know that I am but an imperfect 'Soul, and don't always get the chance to... IDK. Just being me, I suppose. No one seems to correct ME any more; disappointing...

I have calmed down a lot, though. I no longer snap at those who use the term "strand" as if it were somehow interchangeable with "strain." I even make a conscious effort to believe that such people aren't running around with velcro-flap shoes (and one day I may manage to do so).

I also get extra grumpy in discussions like this one because my eyes are no longer healthy enough be able to look at a cannabis seed and detect fine details (I'm lucky that I can still see the seeds, themselves, I suppose). I think part of me wanted to throw a fit of some sort so that a couple dozen people would immediately examine their seed stock with the intention of proving me wrong, and report their findings. I did refrain from doing that, lol.

Maybe it was... snobbish(?) of me to post that comment, IDK. I suppose we all use some sort of slang at one time or another in our lives. Most of us probably wouldn't do so on an important document or on a chart we expected to be widely disseminated. An assumption on my part, perhaps. IDK. I'm surrounded by hillbillies (mostly good people), have somewhat of a "thing" for words, know that I am but an imperfect 'Soul, and don't always get the chance to... IDK. Just being me, I suppose. No one seems to correct ME any more; disappointing...

Just to be clear, Brother, I wasn't "poking" at you being snobbish at all in my last post and certainly hope you didn't take it that way!

:circle-of-love:

I was more suggesting, with a somewhat "dry" sense of humor, that you're probably correct that Sue is just as good an authority as anyone else who's spouted %'s on this!

I know you, like me, tend to read up on the science behind all this stuff and, at best, this is clearly a "subjective" science, if there is such a thing. Some people swear you can tell the sex of an unborn child by making a pendulum with the wedding ring and seeing if it moves back & forth or in a circle when held over a women's womb. To me, it's about as scientific as that, although, I'm the first one to say that if something works for you, keep doing it. Who am I to question success, even if I do question the science? :laugh:

As for the language, if you read that graphic closely, you'll see the author also uses the term/spelling "flat tyre" (and "colour"). It's possible that this was a typo but this is also a common spelling of "tire" outside of North America, so I suspect the author was possibly in some place where "morphodite" is in more common use?

:Namaste:

Just to be clear, Brother, I wasn't "poking" at you being snobbish at all in my last post and certainly hope you didn't take it that way!

No worries. I'm remarkably thick-skinned (and -headed), otherwise I'd have not made it to adulthood. Besides, isn't there some sort of saying about being able to take what one dishes out, lol? And I'm not really into "passive aggressiveness" (as mine has never been... passive) so I tend to operate on the assumption that, if I really p!ss someone off, they'll let me know in pretty clear terms. Possibly including hurled rocks, heh.

And one has to make allowances for the fact that we're interacting with tens, hundreds, even thousands of people, most of whom we do not really know, and all of whom... we cannot see or hear. Thus, no reading of facial expressions, no hearing tone of voice, et cetera. Kind of like trying to eat by remote control at times; it is not always crystal clear whether the other person is mildly sarcastic in nature as a general thing, is being purposely insulting, et cetera.

To me, it's about as scientific as that, although, I'm the first one to say that if something works for you, keep doing it. Who am I to question success, even if I do question the science? :laugh:

There's an old US Army phrase. I'm not sure if I've got it exactly right, but it goes something like: "If your stupid idea works... It aint stupid."

As for the language, if you read that graphic closely, you'll see the author also uses the term/spelling "flat tyre" (and "colour").

Yes, I noticed that, but didn't pay any attention because, as you mentioned, that IS considered to be proper and correct in some areas.

Passing along info I read on Instagram a while back from organic grower of 25yrs,

#1 turkey bags off gas outwardly.

#2 never uses boveda, said contains carcinogens? I've never looked into them, but food for thought to those using them.

hang dry all together in dark, 60/60temp/hum, 14-21 days, critical to store without air after that period. Time is fake measure. Air is time. No air no time. Time starts when re meets air, can last up to a year.
Best quality stuff came from double turkey bags. Get first bag to no air then second.

that is my paraphrase i wrote down. Take it for what it is, if you can use something great, if it's wrong....well my apologies lol but I'm gonna try it whenever I make it to harvest lol

and I have similar experiences to TS and graytail.... I do everything high, have been since I got my license at 16...14 years.... I've driven almost a million kilometres(recorded all my mileage off my cars), flown planes, operated farm machinery, overhead cranes, big rigs, huge bandsaws, etc etc. I consider myself to be a functioning stoner, but alcohol? I have a point where I black out and do really dumb shit, so I don't drink anymore. And all the people driving around on prescription drugs?.... I'm busy at work and lost my train of thought lol....Anyways, i think there will be more for me to worry about with legalization than prior to. LEOs are uneducated and laws are too unclear.... I've driven through so many ride checks with large quantities in the trunk and high as a kite and as long as I play yesir no sir theyve never given me a hassle. Maybe I got a pretty smile :battingeyelashes:

Such a hectic but also exciting time for you, Sue. When faced with a daunting task as such as the one before you I like to sit for an hour or two with a note pad and try to map out a strategy to do everything you have to do in the most efficient way possible. Just picture yourself in your new house to help inspire you the next couple months. I decided to enter the picture of this guy in the Photo of the Month contest. Like I told you he has been on this plant for about 2 weeks now. Seeing him each day makes me smile for some reason. I am envious of your journey........but not the preparation to go....lol
I really love that picture!

The times I've interacted with people in serious pain (as in, "Waiting on the Reaper - who is standing in the corner - to finish his coffee break.") have shown me that they can often suck down levels of opiates that'd poleax the uninitiated... and simply get on with their day. Both because of their experience and, hey, they have some extreme pain - so these things aren't recreational, they're working. Or something. Maybe there's something like that where cannabis is concerned? Our bodies/brains actually find a use for the substance - and "put it to work" when we consume regularly, IDK.

Besides the whole partying thing, I grew up on racing sims and other games that required maximum hand-eye coordination. The better ones required maximum hand-eye-brain coordination. (Shooting through that door is not always a good idea, lol.) No one (locally, I mean) could touch my performance, my initials were at the top of all the coin-operated games' scoring screens, and I could entertain myself all afternoon at the arcade with only a couple quarters for the video and/or pinball game. I could snatch that five-dollar bill out of the air every time the person dropped it, and people stopped playing "slap hands" with me by the time I was 12.

Was high all the time. That's the state I learned in. I showed up in high school once in a non-orbiting state - and the first two teachers accused me of being on something (I corrected the problem after that and back to normal I was ;) ) .

Now that speaks to my physical... something. As to the mental aspect, well... I don't know. Half of you already think I'm an @sshole. Why don't I just confirm that for everyone, lol?

In the mid- to late-'90s, I worked at a shop dealing with vehicles. So we all had some sort of hot ride. Even the beaters had extremely lumpy idles (for the old-school types) or custom programming, bigger turbos, an extra turbo, et cetera. Located about 40' from the busiest intersection on the busiest road in the entire region. Drag racing? Yeah... Fun - but kind of boring.

I started up the "Race out of town." At lest twice a week, four or more of us would take out of the lot for all we were worth. Whip-whip-whip through traffic that ranged from half the 40mph speed limit to, IDK, 60? They looked like they were sitting there, lol. We actually managed a few months of this. Cops? Just another on-track challenge :rolleyes: . So... Warm Friday just after Thanksgiving (traffic was insane as we were - or nearly, I guess?). Dry roads and that's a GO.

In the lead from go, my buddy right on my tail, his big block against my turbo V6 Buick. No one else counted that day, he'd just switched for a bigger and better nitrous system and I was in "high 10 second" tune. No idea how fast we were going; at the time, my digital dash was still set from the factory to just flash "85" repeatedly at higher speeds. But... moving. Through traffic. Was kind of a friendly affair, so whoever was in the lead would have the extra work of making gestures for the follower, and so on down the line. (Our idiot version of "being safe and watching out for non-participants.")

Buzzing on something or other, of course...

Whip-whip-whip...

Some woman pulled out into traffic, having turned right on red (legal here). Presumably, she looked at us, assumed we were at least acquainted with the speed limit - and that she'd have plenty of time to get up to speed.

Yeah, oops. And OH SH!T whip-whip-whip, left three lanes, right one, and CRASH behind me. My buddy had rear-ended to woman. He might have touched his brake pedal, but that's questionable since he was close to me and I'd barely gotten out of the way.

I circled back - took a few minutes - parked, ran across the lot/grass/sidewalk, and approached the wreck. My buddy saw me coming and met me a little away from ground zero. He'd already beaten his way out of his mangled car and helped the lady out of hers. Surprisingly, she was just a little shocky and a bit banged up. He was like "She's fine, I'm not bleeding too bad... Get out of here, FFS!" So, after making sure he wasn't lying about the other person's condition, I did.

Last after-work race, BtW. Wake up call and all that.

Would I have been racing if I wasn't well-lit most of the time? Would the rest of the crew? IDK.

A.K.A. "buzz-kill." Which reminds me about the joke, "What do you get when you give coffee to a drunk?" (Just a wide-awake drunk :rolleyes: .) You panic a drunk, all he really does is stumble around slightly quicker, lol.

Sure, but.... Run through a crowded mall food court, smacking random people on the back of the head, grabbing handfuls of french fries, and generally being an arse - and the cops will get 75 different descriptions of you. Many of the people giving them will be absolutely positive of what they saw.

You might (IDK?) be a trained researcher/etc., someone who has been taught to pay attention and give accurate reports of their observations. Nonetheless, how objective can any of us really be when the subject in question... is ourself?

Level of knowledge is one factor. Objectivity is another. Who is in a better position to monitor the lab rat, the trained observer who is measuring everything... or the lab rat, lol?

Lol, yeah. "Is that dope I smell???" "I thought it was pretty good, actually." "WHAT?!?" "I said, 'I cannot speculate on what you smell, sir. But the only dope in this car right now... is me." (What, lol? It's not like I got pulled over for sh!ts and giggles - I deserved it, every time.)

Yeah, again. On the other hand, have you ever done anything... a bit stupid while high? Not at <COUGH> my level of stupidity, perhaps - but ill-advised? For years, everything was a laugh for me. Later on I was mostly getting annoyed at other people being stupid, which has tempered me somewhat. But I did all kinds of dumchit back in the day. Skill got me out of most of it - but something got me into ALL of it.

Could have been just being an immature hothead with no "off" button. Yeah, probably that.

BtW, I always figured Sanje to be a Head. I figure heavy couchlock indicas...
Haha well you compared to me: I'm that one guy in class who is kind of quiet, just a few friends and wouldn't harm a fly. So the thought... Just 2 years back I got to play around in tanks and still do that to this year. My first real payed job is on the ambulance and I'm that kind of good guy!

I grow Cannabis that's basically the nost reckless thing I do against the law although here in the Netherlands it is strongly decriminalised. I don't even smoke it, I also don't drink and smoke other stuff, I just grow it for the sake of learning how to grow and learning how to make medicine.

Other than that, I know a thing or two about being really dumb and stupid. Funny thing is that I don't need alcohol or weed to reach those high levels of stupidity!

#1 turkey bags off gas outwardly.

Unless they're lined with a different material, any production/release of fumes and the like would, logically, occur on both sides (outer and inner). But I've never used the things, so I have no idea as to whether or not they're lined in that fashion. I would tend to doubt it, though, because if that's the case why have a different material on the outside?

#2 never uses boveda, said contains carcinogens? I've never looked into them, but food for thought to those using them.

Interesting. I haven't heard/read that before, but it wouldn't surprise me. Those "water crystals" that were popular some years back, I think they put words to the effect that you weren't supposed to eat them by the handful (lol) on the bag. And it's probably the same sort of polymer or at least related to it.

and I have similar experiences to TS and graytail.... I do everything high, have been since I got my license at 16...14 years.... I've driven almost a million kilometres(recorded all my mileage off my cars), flown planes, operated farm machinery, overhead cranes, big rigs, huge bandsaws, etc etc.

The closest I've ever managed to come to flying a plane was a little heavily-monitored in-air stick time in a Cessna years ago, and trade "overhead crane" for "some forklift experience and a couple bulldozer joyriding (I put them back where I found them, LMAO) incidents when I was 14 or 15 when the state was doing some lengthy roadwork right next to my favorite patch of woods, but... yeah, like that.

I've been a lot luckier than I've deserved to be in this life - but not that lucky. Ergo, I must not be "compromised by cannabis," so to speak.

I have a point where I black out and do really dumb shit, so I don't drink anymore.

That, too. Apparently, if one consumes enough alcohol, they won't give the person anything in the ER to guarantee they'll remain unconscious during that whole stomach pumping thing, lol? Probably so as not to kill them. But it does tend to create at least the possibility of regaining consciousness when they're in the process of inserting the gastric lavage tube - and that aint even as pleasant as it sounds (or... so a little birdie once whispered into my ear).

And to think, when I was, IDK, 12, thereabouts... I actually thought it was "cool" that I couldn't seem to pass out, regardless of the level of consumption. Get to the point where crawling consists of grinding your cheek into the floor because you can't even seem to raise your head? Check. Start drinking in NC, end up in GA two days later, having no idea how? Check. Quietly pass out in a corner where the only person you could harm is yourself? Not so much.

Guess I thought getting wasted past the LD50 level was the entire point of drinking alcohol in the first place. I mean... it tastes like paint thinner, mostly, lol.

LEOs are uneducated and laws are too unclear.... I've driven through so many ride checks with large quantities in the trunk and high as a kite and as long as I play yesir no sir theyve never given me a hassle. Maybe I got a pretty smile :battingeyelashes:

Most LEO around here have always seemed to be genuinely interested in the "protect and serve" doctrine (the problem being that they don't get issued handy name tags that clearly show which category they're in, that one or the one that gets them referred to as "pigs" from time to time). I've heard enough on my scanner through the years to know that it's not all that rare for a cop to just make someone feed their cannabis to the nearest storm drain (been there, done that, actually), to say, "Y'all are going to have to take that off your front porch and back into your house, because if your neighbors call me again tonight, I'm citing the lot of you," et cetera - and that's just the stuff that makes it to the radio. You still get the odd cop that uses his position to hassle the local <COUGH>working girls for free services (and one was even known for appropriating a big chunk of any drugs they were carrying for his own use, too, before we managed to drive him away).

Back in the '90s I used to do a lot of "sitting around bonfires while passing around a different sort of fire." So one night I had a sudden realization, kind of thing nagging you because it's in the back of your subconscious and takes a while to work its way into your conscious thoughts... I turned to the guy beside me - someone who'd been at many a bonfire, BtW - and asked, "Hey, aren't you a city cop?!" To which he pointed to the guy on the other side of him and replied, "No, he's the city cop. I'm county."

My response, "Well, I guess I'm already f*cked if you want to do something about it, so you might as well pass that joint over here."

I don't live in NYC :ganjamon:. No, it's not legal here, recreationally, and it's only recently been legalized for medicinal purposes. But cops, they're people, not robots. That means that they were all once... you know... teenagers. Some LEO know from personal experience just how much less harmful cannabis is than alcohol or other drugs. (Of course, it also means that some of them are gold-plated @ssholes - but you'll have that.) Maybe this is a lot of the reason that I've always kind of looked at getting busted for cannabis as equating to failing a practical IQ test? IDK...

Haha well you compared to me: I'm that one guy in class who is kind of quiet

Oh, man. My teachers would have rejoiced! You think I was quiet in class? First day of class one year, a teacher quietly told me that they had a new teacher that year who was teaching the same (type/level of) class that I was sitting in, so he wouldn't know me - and if I'd like to change to that class, he'd happily make sure it happened. I tended to be a bit of a distraction. Hey, they didn't put restraints on the desks, so it must be acceptable to get up and walk around during class, right? No? Huh, imagine that ;) .

I got to play around in tanks and still do that to this year.

I once thought that'd be fun, but... Space slightly larger than a coffin, lots of hard things to get slammed into (regularly), filled to bursting with other sweaty, stinky guys. And then some clown pops up out of the scrub as you pass and drops a satchel charge at the base of your turret - or you get shelled - and, look, the tumble-dryer coffin has now become a barbeque.

They still look cool. And I have a lot of respect for the people who inhabit the things. They're just not for me.

Other than that, I know a thing or two about being really dumb and stupid. Funny thing is that I don't need alcohol or weed to reach those high levels of stupidity!

Ah, you've managed to discover Big Secret #17. If that one ever gets out, surely the bars/nightclubs will go out of business, lol.

:hug: 420Folks!

Well ... take a week or so off ... and War & Peace gets written on here! TS, you are a prolific poster!
Just too much to respond to without adding another chapter, glad to see all is well.

Been on a trip, and just getting back to reading some things while I'm sitting on my butt. It was interesting trip with a couple of new paths I might blaze ... or not ... need to think some and allow Karmas' input on the matters!

Cheers to all, glad to see your move is advancing well Sue. I need to PM Tead and see where you'll be calling home. I've lived in most areas of the city, from river to lake, and from canal to spillway. I did read you talked about the "edge of the suburbs" ... :laugh: "Dats gotta be stayin over by ya mom an 'ems house". That'll make sense in a few months perhaps :laugh:

Peace
Keith

Back
Top Bottom