SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

That’s the Zamaldelica x Panama TS. You think it’s a good candidate for one? I own a Scrog, a prize from one of the MOTY packages. I may have room to play in my new home.
That strain is a classic SCROG candidate.

Indeed the branches of Zam are a real scrogger.:ganjamon:
I would seriously suggest it for the next zam.pan, I gotta get serious about it myself:smokin:

Regarding driving while high ...

I saw that Sanje Gupta special about cannabis a couple years ago, and he said that research had shown that only novices were impaired. The reaction times and focus of the experienced users wasn't substantially different than straight drivers. And that's the justification for the alcohol testing - documented impairment of reaction times - a physical inability to react properly. But it hasn't been proven that cannabis has a similar effect. I'm sure all of us have had the experience of being instantly straight when we get a surge of adrenaline.

After 50 years of use, I think my own personal experience with the herb has some value, no? Who would be the best informed - me or a researcher? :hmmmm: For the time being, Ima pretend it's me, ok? I don't have ANY trouble operating a vehicle when I'm high on cannabis. None. I've driven over 250,000 miles on the freeways, high. I always get high when I go on long trips. For the past several years, I'm usually high when I'm driving in town. My driving record is no different than any other's. I've been pulled over while high, in fact while smoking actually. That was a close one - luckily the wind was at his back when I had to roll the window down. But at no time has being high been a problem with my reaction times or focus.

So, that's from 50 years of real life experience. Maybe the researchers will come up with something more real.

:bongrip:

I saw that Sanje Gupta special about cannabis a couple years ago, and he said that research had shown that only novices were impaired. The reaction times and focus of the experienced users wasn't substantially different than straight drivers. And that's the justification for the alcohol testing - documented impairment of reaction times - a physical inability to react properly. But it hasn't been proven that cannabis has a similar effect. I'm sure all of us have had the experience of being instantly straight when we get a surge of adrenaline.

After 50 years of use, I think my own personal experience with the herb has some value, no? Who would be the best informed - me or a researcher? :hmmmm: For the time being, Ima pretend it's me, ok? I don't have ANY trouble operating a vehicle when I'm high on cannabis. None. I've driven over 250,000 miles on the freeways, high. I always get high when I go on long trips. For the past several years, I'm usually high when I'm driving in town. My driving record is no different than any other's. I've been pulled over while high, in fact while smoking actually. That was a close one - luckily the wind was at his back when I had to roll the window down. But at no time has being high been a problem with my reaction times or focus.

So, that's from 50 years of real life experience. Maybe the researchers will come up with something more real.

Same here, do you think it may be from some who over indulge in concentrates?

I use sativas to keep me alert as opposed to caffeine on long drives. It's just as good and kicks in almost instantly.

Thank you for a rational rebuttal of the mania Graytail. :hug: My singular accident while driving high could have happened regardless - little red car coming down the road in front of a red brick building on a busy street - the luck of the draw sometimes.

Again, in states that legalize auto accidents and fatalities drop dramatically. I’ve been high as sh*t and snapped back to straight in an instant when needed, one of the biggest differences between cannabis and alcohol impairment.

One of these days we’ll begin to see real life data instead of this fabricated-to-make-cannabis-look-bad crap.

Whew! I just broke out into a sweat, turned, and realized it’s time to chill the air up here in the eagle’s nest. BRB........

Better. I got lost there sorting and packing. Lol! I think I can let this one go.

I came across an egg that gave up more than I anticipated. :eek:

More to sort and store.

This morning it occurred to me that I want my sativas under the 3000k lights, so I made a little switch.

That’s a lot of extra buds developing in here. Any day now they’ll all become “water daily” charges. Thankfully they should all come down at about the same time and leave a mess of good indica behind for the daughter. The DC is for me to make more pain oil with before I go. :battingeyelashes:

I’m ready for a break. The place is starting to empty out. Once I find a new home for the clock and gumball machine full of marbles I’ll feel lots better.

I think I’ll catch a nice buzz now. :battingeyelashes:

Such a hectic but also exciting time for you, Sue. When faced with a daunting task as such as the one before you I like to sit for an hour or two with a note pad and try to map out a strategy to do everything you have to do in the most efficient way possible. Just picture yourself in your new house to help inspire you the next couple months. I decided to enter the picture of this guy in the Photo of the Month contest. Like I told you he has been on this plant for about 2 weeks now. Seeing him each day makes me smile for some reason. I am envious of your journey........but not the preparation to go....lol

Such a hectic but also exciting time for you, Sue. When faced with a daunting task as such as the one before you I like to sit for an hour or two with a note pad and try to map out a strategy to do everything you have to do in the most efficient way possible. Just picture yourself in your new house to help inspire you the next couple months. I decided to enter the picture of this guy in the Photo of the Month contest. Like I told you he has been on this plant for about 2 weeks now. Seeing him each day makes me smile for some reason. I am envious of your journey........but not the preparation to go....lol

Thank you for sharing that here beez. :hug: I just fell in love with it and wanted everyone to have that chance. I’m glad you entered it. Good luck. :high-five:

@beez0404, in my previous life I’d have done exactly what you suggest, and watched life change the plan and all that time was for naught. Lol!

Example:

My plan for the garden drawn up in May...

It’s notable that only about half of what I planned happened. When I realized this it was a bit disconcerting, but by then I was noticing that an energy I didn’t understand was gathering.

The plan done in June demonstrates my lack of focus. It didn’t progress beyond September.

Not my usual approach. Life may change things, but I allow myself to dream ahead. We now understand what was getting in the way of all those plans.

What I’ve learned in my personal journey is that it’ll all get done if I feel for the inspiration and act on it without question.

I have simple choices: let go or keep. As I let more and more go there’s a certain peace that rises. I’ll cull through what I plan to take one more time before I leave. This is one change I won’t be trying to control. No lists except the packing ones for each box. :battingeyelashes:

I can feel myself waking and working with my plants in my new home already. It feels almost like I’m visiting here. Lol!

They let a squirrel check it out first and then came real close and picked up a funyun.

Edit. That was supposed to be a text to my wife. I am stoned at the park. Lol. Two ravens are "they"

Can't wait to fire up my qbs when I get home

A wise person once said to me that all plans are illusions. But we have to make them or there’s nothing to change ;) So I always make sure I make plans, and that I don’t get attached to them. I think it’s lovely how your ‘plans’ couldn’t get past September! Perfect.

I totally understand what Gray and the others are saying about driving high. It probably does matter what you’re toking on. What seems clear is that it’s in no way consistent like you might say the effects of alcohol are. I’d get in a car with Graytail behind the wheel running high on some Carnival... but my young friend (mid 30s ;) ) around here after his numerous cones of northern lights, not so much! Cannabis poses huge problems for the nature of our legal systems for the same reason it does for the nature of our medical systems. The variety - it’s nearly impossible to make any general statements about it’s effects that would hold true. Interesting times :smokin:

Interesting times indeed. :smokin: Those who create restrictive legislation would be well-served to get a bit of education on the individual nature of cannabis therapeutics.

I saw that Sanje Gupta special about cannabis a couple years ago, and he said that research had shown that only novices were impaired.

The times I've interacted with people in serious pain (as in, "Waiting on the Reaper - who is standing in the corner - to finish his coffee break.") have shown me that they can often suck down levels of opiates that'd poleax the uninitiated... and simply get on with their day. Both because of their experience and, hey, they have some extreme pain - so these things aren't recreational, they're working. Or something. Maybe there's something like that where cannabis is concerned? Our bodies/brains actually find a use for the substance - and "put it to work" when we consume regularly, IDK.

The reaction times and focus of the experienced users wasn't substantially different than straight drivers. And that's the justification for the alcohol testing - documented impairment of reaction times - a physical inability to react properly. But it hasn't been proven that cannabis has a similar effect.

Besides the whole partying thing, I grew up on racing sims and other games that required maximum hand-eye coordination. The better ones required maximum hand-eye-brain coordination. (Shooting through that door is not always a good idea, lol.) No one (locally, I mean) could touch my performance, my initials were at the top of all the coin-operated games' scoring screens, and I could entertain myself all afternoon at the arcade with only a couple quarters for the video and/or pinball game. I could snatch that five-dollar bill out of the air every time the person dropped it, and people stopped playing "slap hands" with me by the time I was 12.

Was high all the time. That's the state I learned in. I showed up in high school once in a non-orbiting state - and the first two teachers accused me of being on something (I corrected the problem after that and back to normal I was ;) ) .

Now that speaks to my physical... something. As to the mental aspect, well... I don't know. Half of you already think I'm an @sshole. Why don't I just confirm that for everyone, lol?

In the mid- to late-'90s, I worked at a shop dealing with vehicles. So we all had some sort of hot ride. Even the beaters had extremely lumpy idles (for the old-school types) or custom programming, bigger turbos, an extra turbo, et cetera. Located about 40' from the busiest intersection on the busiest road in the entire region. Drag racing? Yeah... Fun - but kind of boring.

I started up the "Race out of town." At lest twice a week, four or more of us would take out of the lot for all we were worth. Whip-whip-whip through traffic that ranged from half the 40mph speed limit to, IDK, 60? They looked like they were sitting there, lol. We actually managed a few months of this. Cops? Just another on-track challenge :rolleyes: . So... Warm Friday just after Thanksgiving (traffic was insane as we were - or nearly, I guess?). Dry roads and that's a GO.

In the lead from go, my buddy right on my tail, his big block against my turbo V6 Buick. No one else counted that day, he'd just switched for a bigger and better nitrous system and I was in "high 10 second" tune. No idea how fast we were going; at the time, my digital dash was still set from the factory to just flash "85" repeatedly at higher speeds. But... moving. Through traffic. Was kind of a friendly affair, so whoever was in the lead would have the extra work of making gestures for the follower, and so on down the line. (Our idiot version of "being safe and watching out for non-participants.")

Buzzing on something or other, of course...

Whip-whip-whip...

Some woman pulled out into traffic, having turned right on red (legal here). Presumably, she looked at us, assumed we were at least acquainted with the speed limit - and that she'd have plenty of time to get up to speed.

Yeah, oops. And OH SH!T whip-whip-whip, left three lanes, right one, and CRASH behind me. My buddy had rear-ended to woman. He might have touched his brake pedal, but that's questionable since he was close to me and I'd barely gotten out of the way.

I circled back - took a few minutes - parked, ran across the lot/grass/sidewalk, and approached the wreck. My buddy saw me coming and met me a little away from ground zero. He'd already beaten his way out of his mangled car and helped the lady out of hers. Surprisingly, she was just a little shocky and a bit banged up. He was like "She's fine, I'm not bleeding too bad... Get out of here, FFS!" So, after making sure he wasn't lying about the other person's condition, I did.

Last after-work race, BtW. Wake up call and all that.

Would I have been racing if I wasn't well-lit most of the time? Would the rest of the crew? IDK.

I'm sure all of us have had the experience of being instantly straight when we get a surge of adrenaline.

A.K.A. "buzz-kill." Which reminds me about the joke, "What do you get when you give coffee to a drunk?" (Just a wide-awake drunk :rolleyes: .) You panic a drunk, all he really does is stumble around slightly quicker, lol.

After 50 years of use, I think my own personal experience with the herb has some value, no?

Sure, but.... Run through a crowded mall food court, smacking random people on the back of the head, grabbing handfuls of french fries, and generally being an arse - and the cops will get 75 different descriptions of you. Many of the people giving them will be absolutely positive of what they saw.

You might (IDK?) be a trained researcher/etc., someone who has been taught to pay attention and give accurate reports of their observations. Nonetheless, how objective can any of us really be when the subject in question... is ourself?

Who would be the best informed - me or a researcher?

Level of knowledge is one factor. Objectivity is another. Who is in a better position to monitor the lab rat, the trained observer who is measuring everything... or the lab rat, lol?

I've been pulled over while high, in fact while smoking actually. That was a close one - luckily the wind was at his back when I had to roll the window down.

Lol, yeah. "Is that dope I smell???" "I thought it was pretty good, actually." "WHAT?!?" "I said, 'I cannot speculate on what you smell, sir. But the only dope in this car right now... is me." (What, lol? It's not like I got pulled over for sh!ts and giggles - I deserved it, every time.)

But at no time has being high been a problem with my reaction times or focus.

Yeah, again. On the other hand, have you ever done anything... a bit stupid while high? Not at <COUGH> my level of stupidity, perhaps - but ill-advised? For years, everything was a laugh for me. Later on I was mostly getting annoyed at other people being stupid, which has tempered me somewhat. But I did all kinds of dumchit back in the day. Skill got me out of most of it - but something got me into ALL of it.

Could have been just being an immature hothead with no "off" button. Yeah, probably that.

BtW, I always figured Sanje to be a Head. I figure heavy couchlock indicas...

I use sativas to keep me alert as opposed to caffeine on long drives. It's just as good and kicks in almost instantly.

Truck driver once taught me the "better than b3nnies" method of staying awake. He'd walk into a truck stop and buy a bottle of pop, sack of peanuts, and a pack of gum. He'd dump the peanuts into the pop, start chewing the gum, and drink the pop. He'd end up with little chunks of peanut in his gum, which he'd continue chewing, madly. Said the pain of all those peanut edges/points in his gums/etc. would keep him awake.

IDK.

To add to my previous post in regards to driving: I used to have a real problem with road rage. Cannabis most likely kept me from plowing into people because they were p!ssing me off. Alcohol... would have merely been fuel to that particular fire.

My singular accident while driving high could have happened regardless

One of the weaknesses of statistics (et cetera). This person got high and then wrecked her vehicle. That's a statistic. But it in no way shows whether or not the cannabis was a causal factor. The wreck may or may not have occurred if the person wasn't high. The person might have been speeding, worried about being late, might have been distracted by other worries, might have been half-turned in the seat to Have Words With a boisterous child in the back seat... had the person not been high.

Had the person not been high, the wreck might never have happened - or it might have been so much worse...

How do you measure that? Aside from that, a talented statistician can spin them like a top that's powered by Brownian Motion, lol. A good well-paid one asks the client, "What results would you like?"

I came across an egg that gave up more than I anticipated. :eek:

LMAO at the seeds scattered everywhere. That is so unlike your Magic File that I literally chuckled out loud for a second. (Thank you for that!!!)

This morning it occurred to me that I want my sativas under the 3000k lights, so I made a little switch.

Hey, as your plants finish up, are you taking advantage by using the lights those harvests free up, by moving them into the spaces with the plants that are still flowering? Won't speed things up any, but it'd probably increase your yield at least a little.

OtOH, you're probably wanting to get that stuff packed ASAP so that you can figure out the volume of cargo space you need. Kind of need to decide on exactly what vehicle you will require for the move. Rental agencies probably frown on someone showing up with all their goods and asking if they can start at one end of the row and keep trying until they find one that's just large enough to hold everything, lol.

Too bad you couldn't find someone who desperately needs a box truck to be driven from Pittsburgh to the New Orleans metro area. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything like that in your local Craigslist. Someone did just post an ad for a person to do three weeks' worth of simple data entry @ $12/hour, though, lol. Type, tab, repeat.

Once I find a new home for the clock and gumball machine full of marbles I’ll feel lots better.

Clock? Is it interesting, or just a convenient way to tell what time it is?

I think I’ll catch a nice buzz now. :battingeyelashes:[/QUOTE]

You've told me to let the little boy out occasionally.

Once I find a new home for the clock and gumball machine full of marbles I’ll feel lots better.

Sue's loosing her marbles, Sue's loosing her marbles!
:p

The times I've interacted with people in serious pain (as in, "Waiting on the Reaper - who is standing in the corner - to finish his coffee break.") have shown me that they can often suck down levels of opiates that'd poleax the uninitiated... and simply get on with their day. Both because of their experience and, hey, they have some extreme pain - so these things aren't recreational, they're working. Or something. Maybe there's something like that where cannabis is concerned? Our bodies/brains actually find a use for the substance - and "put it to work" when we consume regularly, IDK.

I think this is totally true. Sue and I have discussed similar phenomena on the med threads. I have this herbal pain killer that I was warned could be sedative. It does a great job to temper my overactive nervous system to a manageable and functional level, but I get no sedation from it - unless I take it on a day where those symptoms are minimal, so that works is not there to be done. SO this makes total sense to me.

I remember i chef I used to work with, things went dry for a while and none of us could get any herb which impacted him the most. The boss went nuts on the second day - raving to me about hw he thought the guy had turned up high :rolleyes:. Umm - no, maybe the problem is that he’s not!?

Now that speaks to my physical... something. As to the mental aspect, well... I don't know. Half of you already think I'm an @sshole

Taking things to extremes TS - that’s not like you :battingeyelashes:

I dont think that’s true.

he has been on this plant for about 2 weeks now. Seeing him each day makes me smile for some reason.

Those things poop, ya know (and not "flyspecks," either, lol). But, yes, coolest insects ever. They're like the felines of the insect world. If any kind of cat could go on about its daily activities after something (significantly larger) had just removed its head.

Back
Top Bottom