SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

I think this is totally true. Sue and I have discussed similar phenomena on the med threads. I have this herbal pain killer that I was warned could be sedative. It does a great job to temper my overactive nervous system to a manageable and functional level, but I get no sedation from it - unless I take it on a day where those symptoms are minimal, so that works is not there to be done. SO this makes total sense to me.

I remember i chef I used to work with, things went dry for a while and none of us could get any herb which impacted him the most. The boss went nuts on the second day - raving to me about hw he thought the guy had turned up high :rolleyes:. Umm - no, maybe the problem is that he’s not!?

Taking things to extremes TS - that’s not like you :battingeyelashes:

I dont think that’s true.

I don’t think it’s true either Amy. :battingeyelashes:

Love you TS. :hug:

A wise person once said to me that all plans are illusions.

I'm familiar with the phrase, "Men plan, God laughs." Translated from the Yiddish ""Der mentsh trakht un got lakht". Lots of great Yiddish proverbs in existence if you ever get that bored. For example:
A kluger farshteyt fun eyn vort tsvey - A wise man hears one word and understands two.
Af eyn shlog falt keyn boym nit um - A tree doesn't fall with one blow.
Amol iz di refue erger far der make - Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.
Di tsayt iz tayerer fun gelt - Time is more precious than money.
Geshvign heyst oykh geredt - Even silence speaks.
Az men lebt, derlebt men - When one lives, one experiences.
A barg mit a barg kumt zikh nit tsunoyf, ober a mentsh mit a mentshn yo - Two mountains cannot come together, but two people can.
Et cetera.

I totally understand what Gray and the others are saying about driving high. It probably does matter what you’re toking on. What seems clear is that it’s in no way consistent like you might say the effects of alcohol are. I’d get in a car with Graytail behind the wheel running high on some Carnival... but my young friend (mid 30s ;) ) around here after his numerous cones of northern lights, not so much!

I currently own no automobile. I walk 99% of the time. As you can imagine, freely offered rides are generally appreciated (I rarely ask for one). There are people I won't ride with at all. None of them consume cannabis, they're just even bigger f*ckups than I am ;) .
Interesting times :smokin:

That's the short version of an old Chinese curse, ya know. "May you live in interesting times."

Taking things to extremes TS - that’s not like you :battingeyelashes:

Kind of figured you knew me better than that ;) .

I dont think that’s true.

Sure it is. That's my natural state. Trust me. It's not like... It's just a thing, yo. Fire is hot, water is (generally) wet, and some folks are @ssholes.

I do, of course, expect some credit for the fact that I consciously try not to be, most of the time, lol. My performance on that particular job can vary. But when I don't even try...

Ask me how many "in real life" friends I have. Go on, lol, I dare ya. Never mind, I'll save you the trouble. I can think of two. That's because I consider Sue to be one of them even though we mostly just interact via electronic devices. The other one has been a real good friend for a bit over 30 years. IDK why, to be honest. Maybe it's because, after unintentionally kicking him when he's down, I always go out of my way to help him back up? IDK. Got a few more acquaintances. And some remaining family; I don't have to be friends with them, duty takes precedence.

"Asshole" is not the same as evil, or even necessarily "bad person." It's just... what it is. Sometimes I make people smile even while annoying them. That's me stepping up the ladder to "sh!thead."

Why be ashamed of this, lol? We do, after all, get laid more often ;) . I can make a lady laugh as she walks out of a funeral parlour. Living with one gets a little rocky over time, though.

But most of the time I try to be better than I absolutely have to be. Again, with (wildly) varying proficiency.

I'll put the keyboard down for a bit. Have a novel that's "due" (expires) in just a couple hours, and I've only just begun reading it, so I'd better get back to it.

I'm familiar with the phrase, "Men plan, God laughs." Translated from the Yiddish ""Der mentsh trakht un got lakht". Lots of great Yiddish proverbs in existence if you ever get that bored. For example:
A kluger farshteyt fun eyn vort tsvey - A wise man hears one word and understands two.
Af eyn shlog falt keyn boym nit um - A tree doesn't fall with one blow.
Amol iz di refue erger far der make - Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.
Di tsayt iz tayerer fun gelt - Time is more precious than money.
Geshvign heyst oykh geredt - Even silence speaks.
Az men lebt, derlebt men - When one lives, one experiences.
A barg mit a barg kumt zikh nit tsunoyf, ober a mentsh mit a mentshn yo - Two mountains cannot come together, but two people can.
Et cetera.

You're correct! Lots of colorful expressions in Yiddish where there's really no direct translation.

My personal favorite is "Gai kakhen afenyam!" - Go shi1t in the ocean! :rofl:

Lol! It's so much fun checking in here.

Celebrate with me my friends. :yahoo: One of my bigger things to cull was the stencils and artwork left over from our days in tattooing. It was four 4" notebooks packed full of plastic sheet protectors holding the sheets of everything we tattooed in the years we played in skin.

I just finished the last of those massive books, pulling out the designs that spoke to me to be culled through again, but not until I'm settled in NOLA.

I'm done with it. *contented sigh*

While I was sorting through my belongings I came across a couple things I'd forgotten I owned that'll come in real handy. :battingeyelashes:

I have a remote button for the iPhone too, so it's gonna get to be more fun after I relocate and start taking lots of pictures with the tripod. Lol!

I took the time to sort out the trash seeds from the ones I found in the egg.

The rest look like likely candidates for females. I'll check with the loupe to be certain before I plant any.

I have a lot of variety in this batch of bag seeds. I see some potential sativa babies in there, and some interesting obvious indicas. Dale's Bag Seeds just jumped dramatically in numbers. Lol!

One of these days I'll get to updating the seed bank. I've a decent number of new additions that aren't being reflected and many more on the way. When I get to NOLA I'll be looking into something like that sweet system Gazoo showed us on someone else's thread. At the very least I'm reworking my cards to be a bit more orderly.

Ok..... I've been cleaning and sorting and packing all day. Things going out, things that might end up going with me, things I can't yet make a decision on. I think it's definitely time to start working on a blistering buzz to get me through the evening. I'll catch up in a bit. :ciao:

I set the tents to 10/14 lighting for the duration.

One of these days I'll get to updating the seed bank. I've a decent number of new additions that aren't being reflected and many more on the way.

How timely, I was just looking over your list and picking out a few interesting specimens that would help lighten your load for the move :laugh:

I sprouted the KO Kush you gave me 2 weeks ago and it's a really healthy plant, in the soil you gave me, under the light you gave me, I should have just left all that stuff at your place and picked up the finished product.:rofl:

The rest look like likely candidates for females. I'll check with the loupe to be certain before I plant any.
I am very unfamiliar with this.... I thought we just pop the healthy ones and hope for the best. Looks like I may have some reading to do.....

How timely, I was just looking over your list and picking out a few interesting specimens that would help lighten your load for the move :laugh:

I've been SO wanting to do exactly the same thing, lol!

But my copy of the list is old and outdated - and I think I've got a lot of those strains already. Somehow ;) .

Preparing buds to make brownie oil for the daughter and fighting panic. *deep breath*

My schedule really didn’t take into account tearing down twice in six months and I can’t see how I’m gonna keep this woman in indicas until I harvest again once I’m up and running again.

*deep breath*

Ok....things always work out for me. Always. Not just some of the time, or even most of the time, but all the time.

There’s no reason for me to believe that this situation is any different from any other, so I have to assume that I have more than what I believe I have and that’s more than enough.

I have two hanging and a whole mess in the tents that’ll give us a little cushion.

Things always work out for me. It’s the way it’s always been and the way it will continue to be.

*one last deep breath*

Ok.... I’m good. I know it’ll be alright and we’ll sail through.

I suppose you’re wondering what brought this on? I completely forgot to make her next batch of oil which means she has no brownie for tonight, and when I opened the cupboard and saw how little is really in there it shocked me.

The woman took no time getting up to her mother’s consumption levels, then increased consumption due to the new stresses of my impending move.

This caregiving thing is a lot of responsibility. My hope was to have her start to grow her own, but that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.

Time for a couple hits to celebrate getting through that mini panic attack. Lol!

I need a hug. Anyone there?

Preparing buds to make brownie oil for the daughter and fighting panic. *deep breath*

My schedule really didn’t take into account tearing down twice in six months and I can’t see how I’m gonna keep this woman in indicas until I harvest again once I’m up and running again.

*deep breath*

Ok....things always work out for me. Always. Not just some of the time, or even most of the time, but all the time.

There’s no reason for me to believe that this situation is any different from any other, so I have to assume that I have more than what I believe I have and that’s more than enough.

I have two hanging and a whole mess in the tents that’ll give us a little cushion.

Things always work out for me. It’s the way it’s always been and the way it will continue to be.

*one last deep breath*

Ok.... I’m good. I know it’ll be alright and we’ll sail through.

I suppose you’re wondering what brought this on? I completely forgot to make her next batch of oil which means she has no brownie for tonight, and when I opened the cupboard and saw how little is really in there it shocked me.

The woman took no time getting up to her mother’s consumption levels, then increased consumption due to the new stresses of my impending move.

This caregiving thing is a lot of responsibility. My hope was to have her start to grow her own, but that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.

Time for a couple hits to celebrate getting through that mini panic attack. Lol!

I need a hug. Anyone there?
:hug::hug::hug:

:hug:

But then, life is a lil boring without the occasional rush of anxiety.

:hug:

Thank you guys. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

There.... that feels better. :battingeyelashes:

I agree Graytail. I find the air brisk out here on the edge. Lol! One would be hard pressed to look at my life and find it boring, wouldn’t they? Lol!

I sprouted the KO Kush you gave me 2 weeks ago and it's a really healthy plant, in the soil you gave me, under the light you gave me, I should have just left all that stuff at your place and picked up the finished product.:rofl:

:rofl: I’m glad it all worked out Hash Hound. Lol! Nice little kush you have going there. :thumb:

I am very unfamiliar with this.... I thought we just pop the healthy ones and hope for the best. Looks like I may have some reading to do.....

There are some markers that will narrow the search for females:
* Look for nicely-shaped seeds, more round than flat or misshapen
* Female indica seeds are well-marked with tiger striping. Sativas are smooth with even coloration.

The most difinitive thing is the shape and smoothness of the umbilical point, which will be perfectly round and smoothed like a well-formed pit. Any variation from that is a male.

The most difinitive thing is the shape and smoothness of the umbilical point, which will be perfectly round and smoothed like a well-formed pit. Any variation from that is a male.

Hmmm :hmmmm: I think you may have that backwards. If the "divot" at the point where the seed was attached to the plant is smooth, it's a male and if it's more like a "volcano eruption" it's a female. It is somewhat subjective because it depends on the human eye, but I once saw a graphic showing the differences (a long time ago!). I'll see if I can come up with it again!

Found it! :ganjamon:

iu

Back
Top Bottom