Taking the edge off the pharmaceuticals

I've been subjected to pharmaceutical pain relievers a few times in my life and again recently.
I've never had a good reaction to them. They tend to make me grumpy, rude, and generally unhappy. I feel my side effects are more severe than most folks experience.
I found that MJ took quite an edge off the drugs that were designed to take the edge off my pain. I wan't grumpy and bitchy like I have been in the past.

Is this known territory, or have I made a new discovery?

Cheers!

ooops... sorry for the typo in the title... should be "off" not "of".

i guess im the exception... opiates and antidepressants make me the happiest guy in town. too bad they are so dangerous and harmful

i do know whatever my mood is, its always better with a little mj. im glad to hear it helps with your other meds Tead. it could be for a number of reasons.

mj does so much and your mood is related to how your body and mind feel. so weather it helps you feel less sick to your stomach, dulls a headache, counteracts the grogginess of pills, many people are using it for the exact purpose you mentioned. however, im sure this knowledge hasnt reached everyone yet so keep it comin

I've found Marijuana does more for me than any of those anitdepressants do. I've been on and off of those damn pills for years now. I'd recommend MMJ to anyone before any of those perscription drugs. (I suffer from Bipolar, Depression, GAD, and insomnia) We don't have MMJ here where i live so i'm forced to take those pills and feel like a zombie :(

Anything with codeine makes me go from angel to demon in 2.6 seconds. I get beyond grumpy--I actually want to hurt something, which is the exact opposite of my general nature. So I hear where you're coming from on the painkillers, Tead.

I don't do pills. God help me if I ever have to take them on a daily basis, because I just won't do it. But if I ever have to take a painkiller that has that kind of effect on me, I'll definitely counter-medicate with the appropriate strain of cannabis.

I'm an Epileptic and take an anti-seizure med. It's by far the best drug I've encountered for controlling my seizures. However it has one side effect,it gives me nausea. My cure when it's bad is a couple of hits of low grade Mexican weed. Never fails to do the trick and there's not enough THC in a couple of hits of it to produce a buzz.

Stronger weeds don't do the trick as they can hit hard on anywhere between the 1st-3rd hit. The dizziness from the high from quality weed makes the nausea worse.

Who says ditchweed is good for nothing?

I am currently taking 3 high blood pressure medications. The medication that I was taking for my migraines and bipolar was too expensive and the side effects were weight gain and hair loss. The medication they wanted to put me on would have made me a zombie and some of the meds I have been on in the past made me feel groggy or nauseous. I work with the public on commission and just can't afford to be out of it at my job. Since trying the kief hard candy I am able to function on all levels in my life and so far no annoying side effects.

Back
Top Bottom