Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Hi all. Reading up on this great thread. Im at page 96 now..

I see that some of you don't have an vacuum sealer (me neither), but don't worry. We can still make a good air free vacuum bag by submergin the whole bag in water just like in this video -

I was looking to see if anyone had posted about this, but could't find any. This works very well. I have done it many times when making food sous vide.

I find this all very faschinating. Thank you all :D

At page 1 i found my self thinking of the Umai Dry bags, and how they would work with the fermenting. I gave this thread a search, but nothing came up. Has anyone tried them for this?

The Umai bags works very well at curing and aging meat as it lets air out, but not in = No mold at least

And somehow lost 5 %. That was a real surprise, considering the potency of the cob.

I saw an intro from a cannabis tech speach from israel, and i remember he said something like "we are working with a very complexed plant. The messured values differs from every plant (same pheno), and even in the very same plant itself"

So according to the speaker we can have different values from bud to bud from the exact same bush - wow.. :oops: This may explain some of the different values from that lab test. Tbh i couldn't care less if there are lower values after this cure as long as it works better/higher :D

I am soo keen on trying this out after the summer

I saw an intro from a cannabis tech speach from israel, and i remember he said something like "we are working with a very complexed plant. The messured values differs from every plant (same pheno), and even in the very same plant itself"

So according to the speaker we can have different values from bud to bud from the exact same bush - wow.. :oops: This may explain some of the different values from that lab test. Tbh i couldn't care less if there are lower values after this cure as long as it works better/higher :D

I am soo keen on trying this out after the summer

Last trip to California I learned how they test a crop. The crop is processed into marketable units of uniform size and weight. A rep from the testing lab comes in and randomly pulls a designated number of material, which is combined to give a more overall reading. Interesting stuff.

I don’t know that you’d beat me out as a coffeeholic. :laughtwo: 4 12-oz cups of pour over a day is keeping me up all night. Lol! Welcome to our latest cannabis passion. We look forward to your initiation run. :hug:

Hmmm.... :hmmmm: up all night, just getting started.... I do believe I’ll start the day with 0.2 gr of Devil’s Carnival cob.

Last trip to California I learned how they test a crop. The crop is processed into marketable units of uniform size and weight. A rep from the testing lab comes in and randomly pulls a designated number of material, which is combined to give a more overall reading. Interesting stuff.

I don’t know that you’d beat me out as a coffeeholic. :laughtwo: 4 12-oz cups of pour over a day is keeping me up all night. Lol! Welcome to our latest cannabis passion. We look forward to your initiation run. :hug:

Hmmm.... :hmmmm: up all night, just getting started.... I do believe I’ll start the day with 0.2 gr of Devil’s Carnival cob.

Yes, interesting for sure :)

Thank you. Can hardly wait. Hehe. I don't think i drink that much coffee, but i really like it and i need my few cups a day :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes, interesting for sure :)

Thank you. Can hardly wait. Hehe. I don't think i drink that much coffee, but i really like it and i need my few cups a day :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those few cups a day help your liver stay healthy and strong. It’s proven science. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Note to self: the DC cob is well-cured. Next time try 0.1 grams for the chew. :green_heart:

My vacations are a study in cannabinoid overindulgence. :laughtwo: I always sneak some cob into the packing though, because it’s such a sweet smoke and I can leave the remaining pieces behind with an appreciative host.

This trip I managed to bring in a Carnival cobbed bud. Think I’ll start my day with a small smoke. I’ll be trying mushrooms for the first time today, so chewing cob at the start isn’t a wise choice. A few hits from this bud should start my exciting day off on the right foot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’ll be trying mushrooms for the first time today, so chewing cob at the start isn’t a wise choice. A few hits from this bud should start my exciting day off on the right foot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's like waiting for the next episode of the soap opera.
Please share your experience with us.

I'm going to be making my first cob in a week.
See what you have started .

Mushrooms :goof:

It's like waiting for the next episode of the soap opera.
Please share your experience with us.

I'm going to be making my first cob in a week.
See what you have started .

Mushrooms :goof:

Made me smile real big Triumph. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’ll report back later. We’re getting ready to start soon.

So.... my initial experience with ‘shrooms was tame enough to be a delicious first taste. I have a trip to the PNW coming in July, and I’ll have another go or two, or three with escalating doses. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Today was a dose of less than a gram, and for a novice in her mid 60s that was just right. Doob and I went exploring a local canyon while our guts got to digesting. Nothing overly dramatic for me this go-round. I wandered through nature communing with the flora and fauna as though we were all one - just what we expect from me. :laughtwo:

Back at the apartment we relaxed and enjoyed the languorous feeling that settled over both of us as we waited for pizza - a meal no one here had to prepare. :cheesygrinsmiley:

In the end it was a sweet roller coaster of love and joy, letting my brain run wild without any restraint or anxiety. I’m thinking I should be growing some of these little wonders. :battingeyelashes:

It was very much like chewing cob, but not at all the same. :rofl: Different energies, but both sweetly euphoric rides. They both take a physical toll too, and my body is beginning to ask that I make it an early night.

It’s not even completely over and I’m thinking of the next time. Lol! Jgrowlove comes to town to join us on the 20th. I think I’ll save the DDA cob chew for then. I brought enough to share with him, and I don’t think he’s tried the DDA cob yet. Tomorrow I’ll recover from today.

This is my only concession to aging. I take time to recover from the extremes. :laughtwo:

Glad you enjoyed the experience!

But, I admit that I was thrown off when I read that you found them "delicious." Than I realized you meant the initial experience instead of the taste. I was wondering if shrooms had changed in the past 25 years - because good tasting is one way that I would NOT describe them! :laughtwo:

Glad you enjoyed the experience!

But, I admit that I was thrown off when I read that you found them "delicious." Than I realized you meant the initial experience instead of the taste. I was wondering if shrooms had changed in the past 25 years - because good tasting is one way that I would NOT describe them! :laughtwo:

You know, that was one of the surprising things. I didn’t find the mushroom distasteful at all. :laughtwo: Chewed it right up and swallowed it down. It took a while too, since I have no teeth.

Maybe it’s just me. I got the impression Doob didn’t find them as tasty. Lol!

You scare me sometimes Sue! I found the best wild mushrooms of my life in the area of south central Mississippi, growing in the edges of cow pies, left by the distinctive Charlais cattle common there. We friends would be there just before dawn to gather the gifts fairies sowed in the night! Later, I would bask in the moonlight shade of giant mushrooms that burst up suddenly from the parking lot back in Memphis! Sometimes I scouted by air. as an eagle where I would later go in life's travels! I do not need them so much anymore. If you eat enough to have a spiritual quest it never really ends! Be safe , travel in good company and happy days for you Dear Sue! Your natural positive energies will be a synergist for magic! :high-five:

You scare me sometimes Sue! I found the best wild mushrooms of my life in the area of south central Mississippi, growing in the edges of cow pies, left by the distinctive Charlais cattle common there. We friends would be there just before dawn to gather the gifts fairies sowed in the night! Later, I would bask in the moonlight shade of giant mushrooms that burst up suddenly from the parking lot back in Memphis! :high-five:

Boy, reading your message brought back some memories! Many an early morning was spent walking the pastures looking for mushrooms. Always a great day afterwards!

You know, that was one of the surprising things. I didn’t find the mushroom distasteful at all. :laughtwo: Chewed it right up and swallowed it down. It took a while too, since I have no teeth.

Maybe it’s just me. I got the impression Doob didn’t find them as tasty. Lol!

LOL. You're tougher than me! Ate them dried, ate them raw, made mushroom tea... But never found a way that I didn't bitch about the taste. :laughtwo:

Alright I went and made a few more cobs. Sadly I was away for business and had to let the plants hang for 4 days. A bit dry. I had some light airy lowers, 4o grams worth, in a paper bag in the mini fridge that was more moist. So I made cannabis burritos. Trimmed bud in the middle with larf on the outside. Hope it has enough moisture to do its thing.

Heat mat under, and over, the towels. Thermometer to watch temps. Last I checked it was sitting at 107F.

I think we need to be more cautious about eating cobs.

Pardon my french but I am fucking serious.

@SweetSue - I sent you an email

!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we are creating the perfect environment for Clostridium botulinum (C. bot.) to grow. This is a big deal. I am honestly a little scared that there are so many of us that might be eating these cobs. Smoking is fine. Making tea by boiling for 5 minutes should be fine, but eating a raw fermented cob is not something that I think I consider safe.

If you read anywhere about C. bot:

This one is specifically about cannabis and also mentions concerns about C. bot:

C. bot. produces one of the most deadly neurotoxin know to mankind. C. bot is everywhere (soil, they can travel by dust).

The environment is grows and produces it's toxin is:
- warm 30 degrees C or 100 deg. F
- neutral pH
- environment devoid of oxygen
- moist environment with water activity between 0.85 and 1.00

Sounds a lot like a cob, huh?

Botulism toxicity happens quick and the symptoms are:
- Difficulty swallowing or speaking.
- Dry mouth.
- Facial weakness on both sides of the face.
- Blurred or double vision.
- Drooping eyelids.
- Trouble breathing.
- Nausea, vomiting and abdominal cramps.
- Paralysis.

As per WHO:
Symptoms usually appear within 12 to 36 hours (within a minimum and maximum range of 4 hours to 8 days) after exposure. Incidence of botulism is low, but the mortality rate is high if prompt diagnosis and appropriate, immediate treatment (early administration of antitoxin and intensive respiratory care) are not given. The disease can be fatal in 5 to 10% of cases.

If these symptoms are mixed up with eating too much canna, the opportunity to get the person to the hospital in time might be missed.

I am seriously, SERIOUSLY concerned about this recipe getting out and a pile of people eating this stuff and killing their family. @420 I think this thread needs a warning or something at the beginning.

I am so sorry that it has come to this. I am sorry Tangwena, I am sorry Sue, I am sorry Everyone. Cobs are glorious. 420 is glorious. I adore all you folks. This fishtank that we call 420mag feels a lot like home to me and my only desire is only to keep people safe and happy. This has weighed on my mind for a while now, and I finally had to come forward and express my seemingly scientifically sound opinion.

I hope this reaches you well and I don't get banned or ridiculed to death.

Cheers Friends,

Please be safe,

Much LOVE,

Sincerely, Lazyfish

I think we need to be more cautious about eating cobs.

Pardon my french but I am fucking serious.

@SweetSue - I sent you an email

!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we are creating the perfect environment for Clostridium botulinum (C. bot.) to grow. This is a big deal. I am honestly a little scared that there are so many of us that might be eating these cobs. Smoking is fine. Making tea by boiling for 5 minutes should be fine, but eating a raw fermented cob is not something that I think I consider safe.

If you read anywhere about C. bot:

This one is specifically about cannabis and also mentions concerns about C. bot:

C. bot. produces one of the most deadly neurotoxin know to mankind. C. bot is everywhere (soil, they can travel by dust).

The environment is grows and produces it's toxin is:
- warm 30 degrees C or 100 deg. F
- neutral pH
- environment devoid of oxygen
- moist environment with water activity between 0.85 and 1.00

Sounds a lot like a cob, huh?

Botulism toxicity happens quick and the symptoms are:
- Difficulty swallowing or speaking.
- Dry mouth.
- Facial weakness on both sides of the face.
- Blurred or double vision.
- Drooping eyelids.
- Trouble breathing.
- Nausea, vomiting and abdominal cramps.
- Paralysis.

As per WHO:
Symptoms usually appear within 12 to 36 hours (within a minimum and maximum range of 4 hours to 8 days) after exposure. Incidence of botulism is low, but the mortality rate is high if prompt diagnosis and appropriate, immediate treatment (early administration of antitoxin and intensive respiratory care) are not given. The disease can be fatal in 5 to 10% of cases.

If these symptoms are mixed up with eating too much canna, the opportunity to get the person to the hospital in time might be missed.

I am seriously, SERIOUSLY concerned about this recipe getting out and a pile of people eating this stuff and killing their family. @420 I think this thread needs a warning or something at the beginning.

I am so sorry that it has come to this. I am sorry Tangwena, I am sorry Sue, I am sorry Everyone. Cobs are glorious. 420 is glorious. I adore all you folks. This fishtank that we call 420mag feels a lot like home to me and my only desire is only to keep people safe and happy. This has weighed on my mind for a while now, and I finally had to come forward and express my seemingly scientifically sound opinion.

I hope this reaches you well and I don't get banned or ridiculed to death.

Cheers Friends,

Please be safe,

Much LOVE,

Sincerely, Lazyfish

I think this is a fair and reasonable comment. I have a bit of knowledge and understanding of food related safety and can easily make the connection.

I haven't eaten any of the small cob I produced, merely smoked it, and with two cobs fermenting...I appreciate the heads up. I am not a fan of edibles so. This just seals the deal!

Back
Top Bottom