Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I find that I must respectfully-- No <SIGH>. Actually, as a general statement, I cannot entirely disagree. I've seen too much bud - especially in the past decade or so - that, regardless of what it was stored in, wasn't what I would consider cured.

However, I have also been blessed with the opportunity to sample fine bud now and then. The kind where the chlorophyll and carbohydrates were converted to sugar, the taste was sweet, the smoke smooth, and the buzz an... experience. Indeed, two of the three strongest cannabis experiences I had in my life were from bud that had NO green in their coloration whatsoever, and the other was - at best - merely an olive drab.

Of the former, one was a joint I appropriated from my brother's ashtray seconds before Mom came in to search his room for "contraband." Thereby feeling justified in possessing it, lol, I scampered off down the block to share it with a buddy. It wasn't a week before that when I'd done the same thing, only to see the both of us disappointed when it turned out that my brother had - for whatever reason - rolled a fat joint that was composed entirely of... seeds :rolleyes: . So the first thing I did, before trying to light it, was to nip a tiny bit off of the end of the paper in order to make sure it was actually a smokable joint. It looked closer to some sort of tobacco than cannabis. But a couple of teenagers will often take a chance in the pursuit of a buzz, so I quickly lit it - yes, it was bud - whereupon it returned the favor a hundredfold. To this day, I cannot figure out how... If you are standing against a tall (30'+) stone wall, a large bird flies full-tilt bozo over your head, close enough to touch - and you are not instantly covered in feathers and gore - well, that's easy to explain. You are hallucinating, lol, no worries. But when you're standing there with a friend beside you... and he looks at you and asks, with an awed voice, "Did you see that bird, man?" And then immediately asks, "Wait, where did it GO? How...?" Less easily explained.

The other: When I was 18, a friend of mine was a stripper, and she'd had some trouble with a couple of... clients. She had reason to believe that they intended to break into her apartment while she was at work. Knowing the reputation I had at the time, she invited me to come spend the evening at her apartment, suggesting that there was a strong possibility of some entertainment and exercise while I was there (and - again, knowing my reputation ;) - she mentioned a certainty of... entertainment and exercise when she returned home). So I was hanging out, twiddling my thumbs as I waited her to come twiddle more interesting things, when some grizzled-looking fellow drove up and asked me if she was in. Since he didn't match the description of the two miscreants, I politely said that she wasn't. It turned out that he was passing through and was merely stopping by to say hello. He looked like the stereotypical old hippie, lol, so I asked him if he had anything to burn. He said, "Sure," and pulled something out of a baggie, stuck it in the cellophane off of his cigarette pack, handed it to me, jumped back into his car, and split. At that point, I looked at what he had given me... and was kind of disgusted. It was light brown and scraggly. BROWN, what the f*ck? That stuff got smoked more out of boredom than any real expectation of a buzz. I can only describe its effect as one big cloud of goofiness, LMAO, and - paradoxically - high-speed slow motion. I couldn't figure out why I never once coughed. Then I couldn't figure out much of anything, but this failed to bother me for some reason.

Oh, and the third was just something we used to get once a year around here from an old Seminole Indian woman that grew the finest kind down in a Florida swamp (we called it swamp bud). Two hits of that cost me something like $127, but it was worth it, ROTFLMFAO.

EDIT: I got to rambling and forgot my point. None of those three looked anything like any of the pictures of the "after" or "in progress" pictures I've seen in this thread or the original one over at that other forum. I must assume that they were cured in the... Hmm. I just realized that I was about to type "cured in the traditional way." But, technically, the method described in this thread would have to be the traditional way, wouldn't it? How about "cured in the old-school hippie way," lol?
Man when I first clapped eyes on that post I thought oh no! I will have read all the way through that.
But after a couple of lines I was hooked. I like the way your mind works my friend help will soon be at hand I am sure.
What you describe is my every day. Believe it my friend you will soon be set free.

My plan is to do some carnival today after 1 day hanging
Deydrator for 24ish hrs
Found my sushi mat
Got my corn husks
Hemp string

Not sure I'll do ACDC, but I may
Do it for Angus mannnn!!! (Ac/dc lead guitarist) hehehe

Fing Awesome looking work my girl ha ha I love the way you document things so well it feels like I am right there.
I just got back from a friends house he's off his face now ha ha. He smoked some of the Panama x Honduras cob its so beautiful to smell and to chew and to get high of. But now I am in love with the smoke.
When he lit the joint the most beautiful sweet smoke I have ever smelled came of of it.
I normally find second hand smoke bland and harsh smelling but this was sweeter than incense I could have that smell around me all day.
In fact I might light up a chunk and let it smolder so I can get lost in sensorial delights. I am tripping along nicely on some aged Zamaldelica and feel like Jonny Rotten at a gig all fired up and no where to go you dig me?

And here I was thinking of going to sleep. Lol! Some of the sweet tones I'm already getting off the cobs, I can only imagine what they'll smell like when lit.

The Jamaican cob smells like fruit salad. Mmmmm...... I don't know what effect she'll bring, but the terpene profile is luscious.

I find that I must respectfully-- No <SIGH>. Actually, as a general statement, I cannot entirely disagree. I've seen too much bud - especially in the past decade or so - that, regardless of what it was stored in, wasn't what I would consider cured.

However, I have also been blessed with the opportunity to sample fine bud now and then. The kind where the chlorophyll and carbohydrates were converted to sugar, the taste was sweet, the smoke smooth, and the buzz an... experience. Indeed, two of the three strongest cannabis experiences I had in my life were from bud that had NO green in their coloration whatsoever, and the other was - at best - merely an olive drab.

Of the former, one was a joint I appropriated from my brother's ashtray seconds before Mom came in to search his room for "contraband." Thereby feeling justified in possessing it, lol, I scampered off down the block to share it with a buddy. It wasn't a week before that when I'd done the same thing, only to see the both of us disappointed when it turned out that my brother had - for whatever reason - rolled a fat joint that was composed entirely of... seeds :rolleyes: . So the first thing I did, before trying to light it, was to nip a tiny bit off of the end of the paper in order to make sure it was actually a smokable joint. It looked closer to some sort of tobacco than cannabis. But a couple of teenagers will often take a chance in the pursuit of a buzz, so I quickly lit it - yes, it was bud - whereupon it returned the favor a hundredfold. To this day, I cannot figure out how... If you are standing against a tall (30'+) stone wall, a large bird flies full-tilt bozo over your head, close enough to touch - and you are not instantly covered in feathers and gore - well, that's easy to explain. You are hallucinating, lol, no worries. But when you're standing there with a friend beside you... and he looks at you and asks, with an awed voice, "Did you see that bird, man?" And then immediately asks, "Wait, where did it GO? How...?" Less easily explained.

The other: When I was 18, a friend of mine was a stripper, and she'd had some trouble with a couple of... clients. She had reason to believe that they intended to break into her apartment while she was at work. Knowing the reputation I had at the time, she invited me to come spend the evening at her apartment, suggesting that there was a strong possibility of some entertainment and exercise while I was there (and - again, knowing my reputation ;) - she mentioned a certainty of... entertainment and exercise when she returned home). So I was hanging out, twiddling my thumbs as I waited her to come twiddle more interesting things, when some grizzled-looking fellow drove up and asked me if she was in. Since he didn't match the description of the two miscreants, I politely said that she wasn't. It turned out that he was passing through and was merely stopping by to say hello. He looked like the stereotypical old hippie, lol, so I asked him if he had anything to burn. He said, "Sure," and pulled something out of a baggie, stuck it in the cellophane off of his cigarette pack, handed it to me, jumped back into his car, and split. At that point, I looked at what he had given me... and was kind of disgusted. It was light brown and scraggly. BROWN, what the f*ck? That stuff got smoked more out of boredom than any real expectation of a buzz. I can only describe its effect as one big cloud of goofiness, LMAO, and - paradoxically - high-speed slow motion. I couldn't figure out why I never once coughed. Then I couldn't figure out much of anything, but this failed to bother me for some reason.

Oh, and the third was just something we used to get once a year around here from an old Seminole Indian woman that grew the finest kind down in a Florida swamp (we called it swamp bud). Two hits of that cost me something like $127, but it was worth it, ROTFLMFAO.

EDIT: I got to rambling and forgot my point. None of those three looked anything like any of the pictures of the "after" or "in progress" pictures I've seen in this thread or the original one over at that other forum. I must assume that they were cured in the... Hmm. I just realized that I was about to type "cured in the traditional way." But, technically, the method described in this thread would have to be the traditional way, wouldn't it? How about "cured in the old-school hippie way," lol?
Wait..
18myo

And strippers...omg..

Is there more tortured Sioux..

Make up.so,ethinge

Getting there the first 3 pics are Malawi x Ethiopian buds cured canary style no cob.
The last 2 are Panam x Honduras bud cured canary style no cob you dont need to wrap them but the cobs are just a little bit different in the high but both are good.
Are the Malwai & the Ethiopian land race species by themselves? Just wondering. Nice to meet you. :goodjob::rollit::volcano-smiley:

And here I was thinking of going to sleep. Lol! Some of the sweet tones I'm already getting off the cobs, I can only imagine what they'll smell like when lit.

The Jamaican cob smells like fruit salad. Mmmmm...... I don't know what effect she'll bring, but the terpene profile is luscious.
You will be a rasta on that cob I can see it now dreadlocks, beads slow caribbean drawl. i find all cobs have a spirit in them a tokalosh who takes over your body and mind. Or at least mine dose, I am sure yours will turn up sooner rather than later.
Usually at the 3 month mark ha ha

Are the Malwai & the Ethiopian land race species by themselves? Just wondering. Nice to meet you. :goodjob::rollit::volcano-smiley:
I dont know but thats what Ace seeds sells them as and they are sure different smelling and the high is super potent.
Nice to meet you to my friend Sue has a nice little chat room going here doesn't she.
Its like a cafe where people drop in and light up. Really laid back and the drinks are cheap.

Sue do you have a what’s in your bong//ie fluid//journal?

Might be igniting

I'm a creature of happy habit. What's in my bowl is typically Carnival, or Blue Dream, and possibly Dinachem, depending on the time of day. Once I get my Dark Devil Autos going I'll be strictly DDA and Carnival cobs until I get some ACE genetics going. :slide:

Sue if it don’t burn
Like ina bid lighter.
Don’t add it..
Remove it.

Lol. Do you remove trichomes from your smoking material? While they will burn, doing so destroys them. They're vaporized (even in a joint) - that's what gets us high.

You will be a rasta on that cob I can see it now dreadlocks, beads slow caribbean drawl. i find all cobs have a spirit in them a tokalosh who takes over your body and mind. Or at least mine dose, I am sure yours will turn up sooner rather than later.
Usually at the 3 month mark ha ha

That's kinda what I'm hoping. My stay on the island is a sweet memory. A group of us from this site went as a group. There's a cab driver on the island I keep in touch with that would be so excited about this. I'm thinking I need to let him in on the fun at some point.

Things work out for me in the most amazing way Tangwena, so I won't be surprised if my cobs mature quickly, but I'm going to patiently wait until they tell me they're done.

I’m harvesting using this stick approach.

Biggest buds first
With nice stem
Air dry
My cob..hehe
Then finish only take 42 days..exactly...or more.

Ferment that stick of cannabis goodness and enhance the entire experience. You know you want to Marc. Lol! Do you have a food saver vacuum?

Wait..
18myo

And strippers...omg..

Just another of the many misfits I used to hang with. She was nice enough, I suppose. But dumb as a chunk of granite. Possibly dumber ;) .

Back
Top Bottom