Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Now thats what I call a sweat my friend you will get a very quick fermentation on those probably only need a week or so before they are ready to part dry and age. Nice job I can see your going to catch on really fast.
:Namaste::Namaste:
High and good evening Tangwena
Thank you for your input.
After removing the cobs from the leaf and letting them dry overnight, this is what they look like.
I noticed the color change you spoke of.

Good to hear. This is something I will definitely be open to trying. I would not smoke or let any1 smoke something I have created that has not been finished properly. So I believe in good drying and curing but I can kinda see the science behind it in my head and Im intrigued. As long as you can stop it going too nasty it should be amazing.
Its time to re evaluate what you consider as finished properly my friend. Dried and aged in a jar is just that, the term cured is used very loosely when talking about jar cured bud.
In a real cure as in tobacco its about fermentation you dont see tobacco dried and jar cured do you. Its the same process to make the smoke smooth and slow without coughing up a lung in the process.
It also changes the resin in ways we dont fully understand but fully enjoy ha ha.

:Namaste::Namaste:
High and good evening Tangwena
Thank you for your input.
After removing the cobs from the leaf and letting them dry overnight, this is what they look like.
I noticed the color change you spoke of.

Thank you my friend they look perfect as I thought they would. Time to start the aging process.
Part dry about 50% less moist than they are now, then vac seal for a month to three months they will blow you away once aged.
I take my hat of to you sir you got it in one.

Tangwena, when you get a good sweat like Stage there, how long do you leave them out of the sealed bag to dry?

High Neiko,
My gr temps are 68 F the RH at 51%.
I left mine out for 8 hours overnight.
:passitleft:

Its time to re evaluate what you consider as finished properly my friend. Dried and aged in a jar is just that, the term cured is used very loosely when talking about jar cured bud.
In a real cure as in tobacco its about fermentation you dont see tobacco dried and jar cured do you. Its the same process to make the smoke smooth and slow without coughing up a lung in the process.
It also changes the resin in ways we dont fully understand but fully enjoy ha ha.
Well yes where you lived that is how they defined finished. But when i say dried and cured, I dry until buds are dry to touch and have a little crisp sound when you squeeze them but still stick a tiny bit where you squeeze so theres still moisture and sticky goodness. Then I jar and burp for a while using humidity sachet packs so its a nice slow dry and cure. BUT i am very intrigued and will be happy to give it a try.

Thank you my friend they look perfect as I thought they would. Time to start the aging process.
Part dry about 50% less moist than they are now, then vac seal for a month to three months they will blow you away once aged.
I take my hat of to you sir you got it in one.
Tangwena,
Just so I am clear,
Are you saying to remove the cobs from the sealed pack and let it dry up to 50% dry (by weight?)
then reseal and leave it alone in a warm place for a month? IE go to Cure stage?

Tangwena, when you get a good sweat like Stage there, how long do you leave them out of the sealed bag to dry?
That depends on the way they dry, naturally will depend on the relative humidity but if you use one of those dryers that you guys are using to sweat them not long.
I should have got all technical and weighed mine before and after drying (next time). But I am after all spaced out most of the time and just go by touch and experience some of mine are so wet they take 2 days if the relative humidity is high.
Using one of those drying machines would be a lot better.
You see I am learning from your collective input to.
For aging the core needs to be moist but the outside dry that way when sealed up the moisture spreads from the core throughout and keeps the changes happening during the aging.
I have 3 year old cobs sealed up that are still nice and slightly moist. You could still smoke a joint fresh from the cob its not that moist but not fully dry yet.
Once I cut off a slice I keep it in a loose bag so it can fully dry and they never mold and last that way for ever. Like I said before when I get back to civilisasion I will post some pics of aged cobs so you can see what happens.
They amalgamate to form dense sticks like hash in this type of cure.
There were 3 main types of cure this is one of them and the most popular.There are 2 others I like equally as well but I need the pics to show you what happens by slightly adjusting the pre sweat times ect.

That depends on the way they dry, naturally will depend on the relative humidity but if you use one of those dryers that you guys are using to sweat them not long.
I should have got all technical and weighed mine before and after drying (next time). But I am after all spaced out most of the time and just go by touch and experience some of mine are so wet they take 2 days if the relative humidity is high.
Using one of those drying machines would be a lot better.
You see I am learning from your collective input to.
For aging the core needs to be moist but the outside dry that way when sealed up the moisture spreads from the core throughout and keeps the changes happening during the aging.
I have 3 year old cobs sealed up that are still nice and slightly moist. You could still smoke a joint fresh from the cob its not that moist but not fully dry yet.
Once I cut off a slice I keep it in a loose bag so it can fully dry and they never mold and last that way for ever. Like I said before when I get back to civilisasion I will post some pics of aged cobs so you can see what happens.
They amalgamate to form dense sticks like hash in this type of cure.
There were 3 main types of cure this is one of them and the most popular.There are 2 others I like equally as well but I need the pics to show you what happens by slightly adjusting the pre sweat times ect.
Noo no machines just a cardboard box and some string. Will take about 4-5 days to dry to that point where when you jar the moisture comes back out. The box keeps it relatively humid and I keep the boxes in the little room where my tent is so its warm but not stupid warm.

Tangwena,
Just so I am clear,
Are you saying to remove the cobs from the sealed pack and let it dry up to 50% dry (by weight?)
then reseal and leave it alone in a warm place for a month? IE go to Cure stage?
No not by weight by touch. The outside skin should feel dry the core still slightly moist.
I really need to get more scientific and pre weigh them and then again after.
I have never had such a bright bunch of people before you ask so many pertinent questions and I have no answer. I just go by feel and touch.
But there is no reason I cant get better at the scientific approach. Its like being back at school for me and I was stoned all day then as well ha ha.
I just go by smell and look once you have a few under your belt you will to. You will make it look so simple people will think its easy and ask you the same questions. You will no doubt by then say its all by the looks, smell and touch to.
Its just like when to harvest you just know when the plant is at its best not by the number of weeks.

Noo no machines just a cardboard box and some string. Will take about 4-5 days to dry to that point where when you jar the moisture comes back out. The box keeps it relatively humid and I keep the boxes in the little room where my tent is so its warm but not stupid warm.

My dude... I think Tangwena is referring to the dehydrators we are using to sweat cobs.
Cheers!:peace:

That way is fine but if we are talking about cobs watch out for mold if you leave them that long.

Hi tangweena - just popping my head up from the peanut gallery to say hi and welcome. It’s been very entertaining watching this thread enjoy the injection of your actual presence here. So glad you’ve entered the fray!
Also wanted to say, that’s a very special part of the planet you’re on there! I’m on the direct other side of the continent to you but have visited that area a few times. Spent some time at Exmouth - well out in the water in the gulf and the coral reefs and ocean on the ocean side. Close to the most amazing places I’ve ever visited.

Thanks for sharing your almost singular enjoyment of your daily highness the way you do. I say almost singular because, well, there’s SweetSue :battingeyelashes::love:

I won’t be cobbing till end of next season at least (I’m growing outdoor too) - will need a vacuum sealer at some stage...

In the meantime - this is a great show!!

:popcorn::volcano-smiley::popcorn:

Hi tangweena - just popping my head up from the peanut gallery to say hi and welcome. It’s been very entertaining watching this thread enjoy the injection of your actual presence here. So glad you’ve entered the fray!
Also wanted to say, that’s a very special part of the planet you’re on there! I’m on the direct other side of the continent to you but have visited that area a few times. Spent some time at Exmouth - well out in the water in the gulf and the coral reefs and ocean on the ocean side. Close to the most amazing places I’ve ever visited.

Thanks for sharing your almost singular enjoyment of your daily highness the way you do. I say almost singular because, well, there’s SweetSue :battingeyelashes::love:

I won’t be cobbing till end of next season at least (I’m growing outdoor too) - will need a vacuum sealer at some stage...

In the meantime - this is a great show!!

:popcorn::volcano-smiley::popcorn:
Hi great to see a fellow Aussie here. I visited Donald Mallard from IC forum in the Atherton tablelands and he produced some cobs of Loas that he loved.
The pics show they turned out banana yellow and he said they were a mellow smoke smooth as silk and very popular.
I will post pics when I get back to Perth they are something else.
I like Shark Bay I regularly visit here every 3 months for a month. So far its been a bit too windy this year has been very different to the usual weather.
I am sure you will get to like the intense highs you can get from good buds cured this way its quite different once aged to the usual jar cured buds. It will grow on you the high has been described as very profound smoked.
I dont smoke any more after 40 years of smoking my lungs are cactus but lucky for me I have found chewing it even better and lasts all day long give it a go its the best.
Today I am chewing some Zamaldelica cob to me its like true Malawi laughing grass and the trip up for the first 4 hrs is like blotter acid at least it is to me.
Dont come knocking on my door any time today ha ha.
I just bumped into a local friend of mine and he said he didn't sleep a wink after having one bowl of the Malawi x Ethiopia I gave him. He liked it so much he had some again this morning while walking his dog. He was all cotton mouthed when I bumped into him earlier and going up like a rocket ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom