Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

in the Atherton tablelands
oh - that must be growing paradise up there! I’ve visited there too. Incredible!
I dont smoke any more after 40 years of smoking my lungs are cactus but lucky for me I have found chewing it even better and lasts all day long give it a go its the best.
ya - I don’t smoke much anymore either. I’ve been vaping the last 6months. I don’t like the high from edibles so am more likely to vape or smoke a cob. But the fermentation would do something different to it I guess, so if I do a cob one day, likely I’ll try chewing at least once, just to see. ;)
Thankfully I’ll have witnessed all you test bunnies getting into it before that happens!
Back to the peanut gallery now...
:popcorn:

My second attemp at a cobb went a lot better, I cobbed up 80% RH Critical Dark Devil.
Definitely easier when buds are wetter, the small canary held it's shape.

View media item 1512338:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:now time for smoke:bongrip::bongrip::bongrip:or three:Namaste:

Ooooeeeeee.... I'm impressed buckaroo! What a beautiful cob. :high-five: You've done this before? Lol!

Let me join you in celebration, my friend. :bongrip::bongrip::bongrip:

Good gosh guys..... this is fun! :slide:

oh - that must be growing paradise up there! I’ve visited there too. Incredible!
ya - I don’t smoke much anymore either. I’ve been vaping the last 6months. I don’t like the high from edibles so am more likely to vape or smoke a cob. But the fermentation would do something different to it I guess, so if I do a cob one day, likely I’ll try chewing at least once, just to see. ;)
Thankfully I’ll have witnessed all you test bunnies getting into it before that happens!
Back to the peanut gallery now...
:popcorn:

Chewing cobs isn't necessarily about through the gut, and this isn't the same experience digestively anyway. Chewing and holding as much as you can in your mouth for up to 20 minutes is designed to let the majority of the cannabinoids be absorbed through the oral mucosa. Straight to the brain Amy. CB1 receptors on alert. Lol!

What gets swallowed eventually gets converted to 11- hydroxy, but this doesn't translate the same way other edibles do for me. I'm certain others will respond the same way. It's a different euphoria entirely, deeper, more moving, more real, more you

Is Sue ever any other way? Excited I mean i love here boundless enthusiasm for getting out of it I can relate to her way of thinking we are canna soul mates.

Let me say unequivocally, no, I can't be any other way. Isn't it sweet how they let me be this energetic and don't try to lock me up? Lol!

@dynamo1 , I'm celebrating your cob and canary with Carnival. What was your choice?

@dynamo1 , I'm celebrating your cob and canary with Carnival. What was your choice?
Critical Dark Devil 80% RH, haven't had any to smoke yet just out of the cold dehydration so I don't have a smoke report but looks pretty good.Whoo Hoo :Namaste:

Its time to re evaluate what you consider as finished properly my friend. Dried and aged in a jar is just that, the term cured is used very loosely when talking about jar cured bud.

I find that I must respectfully-- No <SIGH>. Actually, as a general statement, I cannot entirely disagree. I've seen too much bud - especially in the past decade or so - that, regardless of what it was stored in, wasn't what I would consider cured.

However, I have also been blessed with the opportunity to sample fine bud now and then. The kind where the chlorophyll and carbohydrates were converted to sugar, the taste was sweet, the smoke smooth, and the buzz an... experience. Indeed, two of the three strongest cannabis experiences I had in my life were from bud that had NO green in their coloration whatsoever, and the other was - at best - merely an olive drab.

Of the former, one was a joint I appropriated from my brother's ashtray seconds before Mom came in to search his room for "contraband." Thereby feeling justified in possessing it, lol, I scampered off down the block to share it with a buddy. It wasn't a week before that when I'd done the same thing, only to see the both of us disappointed when it turned out that my brother had - for whatever reason - rolled a fat joint that was composed entirely of... seeds :rolleyes: . So the first thing I did, before trying to light it, was to nip a tiny bit off of the end of the paper in order to make sure it was actually a smokable joint. It looked closer to some sort of tobacco than cannabis. But a couple of teenagers will often take a chance in the pursuit of a buzz, so I quickly lit it - yes, it was bud - whereupon it returned the favor a hundredfold. To this day, I cannot figure out how... If you are standing against a tall (30'+) stone wall, a large bird flies full-tilt bozo over your head, close enough to touch - and you are not instantly covered in feathers and gore - well, that's easy to explain. You are hallucinating, lol, no worries. But when you're standing there with a friend beside you... and he looks at you and asks, with an awed voice, "Did you see that bird, man?" And then immediately asks, "Wait, where did it GO? How...?" Less easily explained.

The other: When I was 18, a friend of mine was a stripper, and she'd had some trouble with a couple of... clients. She had reason to believe that they intended to break into her apartment while she was at work. Knowing the reputation I had at the time, she invited me to come spend the evening at her apartment, suggesting that there was a strong possibility of some entertainment and exercise while I was there (and - again, knowing my reputation ;) - she mentioned a certainty of... entertainment and exercise when she returned home). So I was hanging out, twiddling my thumbs as I waited her to come twiddle more interesting things, when some grizzled-looking fellow drove up and asked me if she was in. Since he didn't match the description of the two miscreants, I politely said that she wasn't. It turned out that he was passing through and was merely stopping by to say hello. He looked like the stereotypical old hippie, lol, so I asked him if he had anything to burn. He said, "Sure," and pulled something out of a baggie, stuck it in the cellophane off of his cigarette pack, handed it to me, jumped back into his car, and split. At that point, I looked at what he had given me... and was kind of disgusted. It was light brown and scraggly. BROWN, what the f*ck? That stuff got smoked more out of boredom than any real expectation of a buzz. I can only describe its effect as one big cloud of goofiness, LMAO, and - paradoxically - high-speed slow motion. I couldn't figure out why I never once coughed. Then I couldn't figure out much of anything, but this failed to bother me for some reason.

Oh, and the third was just something we used to get once a year around here from an old Seminole Indian woman that grew the finest kind down in a Florida swamp (we called it swamp bud). Two hits of that cost me something like $127, but it was worth it, ROTFLMFAO.

EDIT: I got to rambling and forgot my point. None of those three looked anything like any of the pictures of the "after" or "in progress" pictures I've seen in this thread or the original one over at that other forum. I must assume that they were cured in the... Hmm. I just realized that I was about to type "cured in the traditional way." But, technically, the method described in this thread would have to be the traditional way, wouldn't it? How about "cured in the old-school hippie way," lol?

My showers tend to be about 20 minutes long, so it made perfect sense lazyfish. Lol! A great way to start the day.

TS, that was a delicious read. Lol!

I opened the Jamaican cob and canary after 24 hours at around 104 F.

We have liftoff! :yahoo:

I wrapped the cob back up and dropped it into the dehydrator for a few minutes to finish surface drying.

For the morning shower. Lol!

Temps in the apartment are running over 77 degrees so I simply tossed the sealed cob and canary into a paper bag and set it on top of the fridge, the warmest spot in the kitchen.

In a week I'll pop her open and do it all over again. :battingeyelashes:

I wonder what an amount that a person would use if they were going to roll and smoke a joint (a gram, more or less) would do?

Problem is, one cannot decrease a high at will. And being unable to completely control one's extremities - and head, bobbling on their neck - isn't all that enjoyable (neither is being nauseous almost, but not quite, to the point of vomiting for an extended period of time).

If - as I assume you are ;) - you plan on increasing your dosage, I'd weigh out several
"fractional" portions that make up a "big dose" and then... only consume one of them, lol. Or at least consume them incrementally instead of all at once, always remembering the delay of onset (and/or peak) with eating (vs. smoking). It would really suck to think, "I need to double my dose in order to feel what I am seeking" - only to belatedly learn that all you really needed was to wait a little longer for what you had already consumed to fully latch on.
Torture soul....

I remember your posts..very well...

This cob thing ... is fantastic..
.ok seed to weed 90-140 days.. thankfully.
Dry for a day. ? Just becsue.
Heat the trimmed up budlings , first.gentle heat. Moist ..ahhhhhhhh. Like spa day for the baby g/irks...

What could be better?

After 7 days... insert 60 l,of water/ maple syrup/ lemon juice/ in tiny cup.
All,inside hearing box. 6 by t by 12 shoe box ok..
Put in box with ... tobaccos from whole cigars. Trim of the fan leaves// trim of green beans//addshumdity and good fungus...lol
In time. The whole thing dries out.. a bit. Transfer batch to masonajr for final approach...

Call ground for vectors, bout 1-3 weeks. Experiment. It’s your weed..lol
High humidity..make more dry..

Desert...make more wet.. always wait 1-3 weeks after first weeks..
say what

Lol..makes your weed ///always sticky I key weed.//
You may choose to final ina jar.
Put heated fungiaa weed into jar.. done. Wait weeks...

More fungus? Add more green beans.

Want gormet finish...

Torture soul....

I remember your posts..very well...

This cob thing ... is fantastic..
.ok seed to weed 90-140 days.. thankfully.
Dry for a day. ? Just becsue.
Heat the trimmed up budlings , first.gentle heat. Moist ..ahhhhhhhh. Like spa day for the baby g/irks...

What could be better?

After 7 days... insert 60 l,of water/ maple syrup/ lemon juice/ in tiny cup.
All,inside hearing box. 6 by t by 12 shoe box ok..
Put in box with ... tobaccos from whole cigars. Trim of the fan leaves// trim of green beans//addshumdity and good fungus...lol
In time. The whole thing dries out.. a bit. Transfer batch to masonajr for final approach...

Call ground for vectors, bout 1-3 weeks. Experiment. It’s your weed..lol
High humidity..make more dry..

Desert...make more wet.. always wait 1-3 weeks after first weeks..
say what

Lol..makes your weed ///always sticky I key weed.//
You may choose to final ina jar.
Put heated fungiaa weed into jar.. done. Wait weeks...

More fungus? Add more green beans.

Want gormet finish...

You are the most fascinating man. Lol! You’re gonna spin us off into the realm of all kinds of craziness. :laughtwo:

Sue...I have a theory bout what’s going on ..
On the leafs.
...melting tris

You mean melting trichomes Marc? I’m sure that’s part of it. There’s some molecular change going on to create this euphoria.

You are the most fascinating man. Lol! You’re gonna spin us off into the realm of all kinds of craziness. :laughtwo:
Sue,when I awoke. Months ago.
I felt like weird.
My posts said.. I feel,like 18myears old.... again again..
later testosterone talk.
Muscle growth/ faster than ever in my life.
No Charlie horse...so dodo...

Yes cripple get muscle cramps.....I have a theory.. they hurt.period.

Now ..... way. post nde..near as you want to get to death.exp... it was not just oPiods poisoning..
I accepted my death... awful ..hard to write withour]t tears..

Now. I’m alive...apparently..

‘’’
So what that got to,do,with trichomes.

Absolutlynnothing..sorry..

But do,you know what happens if youmaddd one tiny seed of fennel to a bowl,of weed..??

It taste like licorice for a few hits...fact. One seed. Idk..

Sue,when I awoke. Months ago.
I felt like weird.
My posts said.. I feel,like 18myears old.... again again..
later testosterone talk.
Muscle growth/ faster than ever in my life.
No Charlie horse...so dodo...

Yes cripple get muscle cramps.....I have a theory.. they hurt.period.

Now ..... way. post nde..near as you want to get to death.exp... it was not just oPiods poisoning..
I accepted my death... awful ..hard to write withour]t tears..

Now. I’m alive...apparently..

‘’’
So what that got to,do,with trichomes.

Absolutlynnothing..sorry..

But do,you know what happens if youmaddd one tiny seed of fennel to a bowl,of weed..??

It taste like licorice for a few hits...fact. One seed. Idk..

Terpenes. Powerful little things. At some point I’ll start revving up my cobs with by adding in some other plant matter or essential oils. Future fun.

Why?
I really never understood your
Obsession with
Twerps?

Common molecules that age mostly scent and the shit that don’t burn..
I keep,saying that till,you get it.
Sue if it don’t burn
Like ina bid lighter.
Don’t add it..
Remove it.
Cure it out
Sue cob cure removes terpenes.... you knew or not so much???
Tapes belong with grapefruit and hair spray..almost fact.

My showers tend to be about 20 minutes long, so it made perfect sense lazyfish. Lol! A great way to start the day.

TS, that was a delicious read. Lol!

I opened the Jamaican cob and canary after 24 hours at around 104 F.

We have liftoff! :yahoo:

I wrapped the cob back up and dropped it into the dehydrator for a few minutes to finish surface drying.

For the morning shower. Lol!

Temps in the apartment are running over 77 degrees so I simply tossed the sealed cob and canary into a paper bag and set it on top of the fridge, the warmest spot in the kitchen.

In a week I'll pop her open and do it all over again. :battingeyelashes:
Fing Awesome looking work my girl ha ha I love the way you document things so well it feels like I am right there.
I just got back from a friends house he's off his face now ha ha. He smoked some of the Panama x Honduras cob its so beautiful to smell and to chew and to get high of. But now I am in love with the smoke.
When he lit the joint the most beautiful sweet smoke I have ever smelled came of of it.
I normally find second hand smoke bland and harsh smelling but this was sweeter than incense I could have that smell around me all day.
In fact I might light up a chunk and let it smolder so I can get lost in sensorial delights. I am tripping along nicely on some aged Zamaldelica and feel like Jonny Rotten at a gig all fired up and no where to go you dig me?

Back
Top Bottom