Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Tangwena,

Would you tell us about the yellow cure, please?

:nomo:
Hi my friend check out Neikos pics its all about the pre dry and the temps.
You need it say 3 days dried so drier than normal and a lower sweat to start it off say 36c instead of 40c for a couple of days keeping an eye on the canary bud as soon as the green sugar leaves start to change take it out (it should smell great).
Dry it about to 50% of its moisture content from sweating and store in a warm place 30c for 3 to 7 days as soon as you see that yellow dry fully.
Every bud is going to react differently you have to become an artist at curing observe, sniff and touch.

I don't remember a specific range....I am at 77 F. I would think that warmer = faster the cure. Maybe open it and check more often?

Where is repuk?

@repuk !

:Namaste:

Stuck at page 35, cannot cope with the speed ! :p

I'd say that for the cure you want a steady temp range rather than specific temps.

As long as temps are good for growing, so it will be for the microorganisms that cause the cure; guess cold will slow it down, but it's just a guess based on the fact that there's still "life" inside the cob.

Lower temps -> Longer cure; higher temps = shorter cure.

I unsealed and checked mine yesterday:

After Sweat
picture.jpg

After 9 Days Fermentation
picture.jpg

One Month curing
picture.jpg

before chopping:
picture.jpg

Repuk while you're around I was going to say thanks for those charts you made that are at the beginning of the thread. Those are really great. :thumb:
Do you have any more random thoughts or advice on fermenting times/temps and how this affects the cobs, and the high? Kind of a vague question I know but.... just fishing around in cob newbyland here. I see the little rocket ships and alien spaceship icons on the chart but not totally clear on what they mean. Thanks.

Repuk while you're around I was going to say thanks for those charts you made that are at the beginning of the thread. Those are really great. :thumb:
Do you have any more random thoughts or advice on fermenting times/temps and how this affects the cobs, and the high? Kind of a vague question I know but.... just fishing around in cob newbyland here. I see the little rocket ships and alien spaceship icons on the chart but not totally clear on what they mean. Thanks.

The rocket ships say "I'm lifting off." The alien spaceships say "I'm headed to parts unknown, and aren't I happy about that?" :yahoo:

That's my interpretation. :battingeyelashes: Higher temps and longer cures potentiate the end product.

:Namaste::thanks:

Tangwena is the master artisan, I tried to condense and reflect all what I read on the thread on the diagrams.

With the rockets I wanted to depict a rushy, extroverted, energetic kind of high; with the UFO a more deep, introspective, "being transported to another dimension / who I am?" kind.

After Sweat
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

One Month curing
picture.jpg

I love this documentation. repuk....... made me droll. Lol!

The rocket ships say "I'm lifting off." The alien spaceships say "I'm headed to parts unknown, and aren't I happy about that?" :yahoo:

That's my interpretation. :battingeyelashes: Higher temps and longer cures potentiate the end product.

Eeeexactly that! :thumb:

I love this documentation. repuk....... made me droll. Lol!

I did drool with your cobs! knowing ACE gear potency they should be blissful!

I'll be chewing on it next monday, will be my first edible ever. Lately I'm worried with my tolerance (10 year smoker) as nothing (3-4gr smoked buds) seems to get me high more than 30-60 minutes of a bland high worthy only to stop my speedy train of thoughts to be able to sleep... though I've been passing a rough patch and it happened me before that couldn't get a satisfactory effect, just help to sleep.

Have a ton of ACE gear going, flipped yesterday, high expectations! :)

Eeeexactly that! :thumb:

I did drool with your cobs! knowing ACE gear potency they should be blissful!

I'll be chewing on it next monday, will be my first edible ever. Lately I'm worried with my tolerance (10 year smoker) as nothing (3-4gr smoked buds) seems to get me high more than 30-60 minutes of a bland high worthy only to stop my speedy train of thoughts to be able to sleep... though I've been passing a rough patch and it happened me before that couldn't get a satisfactory effect, just help to sleep.

Have a ton of ACE gear going, flipped yesterday, high expectations! :)

You don't medicate with a capsule regimen? A good infused oil and a regular administration forms a baseline endocannabinoid tone that settles most physical and mental challenges. This is kinda my thing around here, on top of being the loving and rambunctious den mother I'm also the unofficial medicine woman, and cheerleader to many bands of canna lab rats as we work to find better ways to use cannabis as a healing modality.

Maybe we should have a conversation?

Lately I'm worried with my tolerance (10 year smoker) as nothing (3-4gr smoked buds) seems to get me high more than 30-60 minutes of a bland high worthy only to stop my speedy train of thoughts to be able to sleep...

I’m kinda shocked @SweetSue didnt mention taking a tolerance break. There is a downgrade of CB1 receptor availability in the brain with continuous use at any level. A study published in 2016 showed that just a two day break can significantly reset those CB1 receptors making them available for the canabinoids in cannabis again.

After Sweat
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

One Month curing
picture.jpg

before chopping:
picture.jpg
Nice cobs and documentation it may be the strain you are smoking as well as tolerance. I cant wait to see your pics when your Ace harvest comes in.
I am enjoying some of my best highs from my last Ace harvest. I am sure they will give you the lift off your after once they are aged a bit.
love the time lapse style photography I think its another great idea for documenting the way the cobs mature I will be doing that for sure on my next cobs. Respect to you my friend you are pushing the boundaries nice work.

Lol. I thought maybe he had been cobbing up Alien OG when he created the chart. I've read that stuff has tested up to 28% THC. IDK, personally (only had one seed and it didn't germinate) - but I didn't see 1,000 people calling, "BS!" when I did a search at the time I was deciding whether or not to (try to :rolleyes: ) grow the strain, so I'm guessing it's fairly strong.

Repuk, that's a nice-looking bud! :goodjob:

Mine were sweat and dried and resealed and now on day 3 of cure (80-83 degrees). I folded a hand towel and sat it on top of the cable box. They just sit on top and I check it several times a day with a laser therm. I didn't peek so I don't have much idea what they look like. I'll unwrap them in a week or so to see how it's going.

I have 3 Ace Panama in veg right now. They're only about 2 weeks from seed so it'll be a minute on them. I think one might be a dude but out of the 3 I know one will be a fem. Running and refining this OG for the last year, bringing some variety will be cool.

The Jamaican cob and canary after their one week fermentation. They’re drying before starting the cure.

Quite a color difference with this one. It surprised me. Obviously the cobs make a difference. Lol!
Hi Sue yes the compaction in the cobs does make a difference as you get experienced you will be able to pick different times to halt fermentation to keep desired colors and smells.
Remember dry fully seals the deal at that particular stage.

Dont worry though the black cobs seem to be the most popular among my friends who smoke. I have one that smells like beef jerky believe it or not the taste is pretty ordinary as well.
But those who smoke it reckon its like inhaling fresh air real smooth with a faint lime taste on exhale.
The high is very strong also very spaced out compared to another cob from the same plant that is more colorful and smells better but they say they prefer the black one so its not all in the presentation and aroma.
I have come across this before with black cobs people turn their noses up at the look and smell until they try it.

What we can do with the raw green buds will blow your mind once you get into it.

Back
Top Bottom