Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Mine were sweat and dried and resealed and now on day 3 of cure (80-83 degrees). I folded a hand towel and sat it on top of the cable box. They just sit on top and I check it several times a day with a laser therm. I didn't peek so I don't have much idea what they look like. I'll unwrap them in a week or so to see how it's going.

I have 3 Ace Panama in veg right now. They're only about 2 weeks from seed so it'll be a minute on them. I think one might be a dude but out of the 3 I know one will be a fem. Running and refining this OG for the last year, bringing some variety will be cool.
Hi my friend dont be shy about opening them up and checking them. Thats half the fun.

Hi Sue yes the compaction in the cobs does make a difference as you get experienced you will be able to pick different times to halt fermentation to keep desired colors and smells.
Remember dry fully seals the deal at that particular stage.

Dont worry though the black cobs seem to be the most popular among my friends who smoke. I have one that smells like beef jerky believe it or not the taste is pretty ordinary as well.
But those who smoke it reckon its like inhaling fresh air real smooth with a faint lime taste on exhale.
The high is very strong also very spaced out compared to another cob from the same plant that is more colorful and smells better but they say they prefer the black one so its not all in the presentation and aroma.
I have come across this before with black cobs people turn their noses up at the look and smell until they try it.

What we can do with the raw green buds will blow your mind once you get into it.

I have a Carnival coming down soon, and I’m planning to cob part of it at harvest. Carnival is one of two chemovars that light me up, and I can’t resist trying one fresh.

When I get my Dark devil Autos going again I’ll be real excited. The flowers can be borderline hallucinogenic when you hit it just right. I can’t imagine what it’ll be like cobbed. *sigh*

A quiet day in cobland. Here are some pics of my Honduras cobs. These are with rehydrated bud. The more golden one in the middle is the one I kept a bit drier than the other two as an experiment.
All three smell different but all amazing. It's hard for me to imagine when I smell them that anything but good things are happening.

My goodness Weaselcracker those look very nice. I would never guess they were rehydrated.
If your getting nice smells somethings going on.
Your going to get some very interesting cobs.
I had some Panama x Honduras today and went fishing I had an inspection by this young lady from the fisheries and we got on like a house on fire. I will have fantasies tonight ha ha.

Its the Honduras that turbo charges the Panama I think, really cool high laid back but full of shit ha ha I love the effects it take over my psychi I have to roll with it its to strong to try and change what happens.
I hope they bring something special for you they look the part so who knows, if it works it opens up a whole new range of posabilities.

Weaselcracker.....damn! I'm speechless.

A quiet day in cobland. Here are some pics of my Honduras cobs. These are with rehydrated bud. The more golden one in the middle is the one I kept a bit drier than the other two as an experiment.
All three smell different but all amazing. It's hard for me to imagine when I smell them that anything but good things are happening.

No way was this a quiet day. I want to know your initial reaction when you opened them up. I need to know this Weaselcracker. Lol! Surely you understand. :battingeyelashes: Tell me you didn't try any. I won't believe you, so how was it? :thumb:

LMFAO!

"And this, too, shall pass..."

My contrbution. So far. Og kush rehydrated with a bit of not yet harvested. Ma thai. 48 hrs cooking in the hot tub.

I had no corn so used a used vape bag to wrap it

That weighs 26.3 grms

Sealed and stored. More info later

First ever pic from me fone

OK so my Carnival cobs have been fermenting since Monday evening. I have kept it between 80-85 F. I just got home from work and check on them and I have sweat again. This wasn't there yesterday that I noticed, it's very noticeable now. I'm not sure what I should do now. Has anyone else had moisture during the fermenting stage? What should be the move now?
I think this is normal (at least mine did it too), I just air dried them and packed them back up. The water works it's way out from the middle so it probably takes some time to show. :thumb:

Thanks for showering me with glory lol. Trying anyway. I managed to quickly jump to one side!:slide:
Credit goes to the mysteries of the universe, not me. And anyway I'm not sure what has even happened here so far, other than some pretty looks and smells.
Not that good looks and smells don't go a long way. A wise friend once explained to me how important smell is, and he was so right. I've lived by it ever since. If the smell of your mate is intoxicating to you, that says it all. If you don't like the smell of a person, that relationship is already doomed. That's science by the way....

So yeah Sue I was pretty happy and entertained just smelling and looking at those cobs.

I smoked a lot of GT cob yesterday as I've been doing every day. Then late last night I smoked a bit of the Honduras cob and was surprised to find a whole different glow happening.
In the past I found the Honduras high had a touch too much of an indica feel to it. But last night it was just right. Studies will continue.

Tangwena I can imagine oh so well that fisheries inspection scenario. Ha ha ha. Though this place is so remote I can generally dodge them for years. I live as a bush pig on the opposite side of the world. ;)

After reading about neikodog’s water drops I decided to open mine up. They look and smell good, I don’t think they’ve been sitting at 80° the whole time but they stayed between 72° and 80°.

The OG Kush is 14 days old. I figured what the heck and rolled a joint with the canary. I’m about 2/3rds done with it. It’s super resinous and a bit hard to hit after about 1/4 of it burned. I feel good and high, I don’t know about meeting Alice, but cobbing it doesn’t seem to take away any potency at least. :slide:

OK so my Carnival cobs have been fermenting since Monday evening. I have kept it between 80-85 F. I just got home from work and check on them and I have sweat again. This wasn't there yesterday that I noticed, it's very noticeable now. I'm not sure what I should do now. Has anyone else had moisture during the fermenting stage? What should be the move now?
As Dr Doob said unwrap and dry the excess moisture, until the outside feels dry to the touch and then reseal and repeat.
Oh and slice off a piece to fully dry and taste and repeat its sounds like its going great good ganja a coming your way soon.

OK I took them out of the bag and let them dry for about 1.5 hours. They lost another 10 grams of water for a total of 26 grams. Starting weight was about 172 grams. I cut a nice little sample to try this weekend. The smell is still kinda mild. It's pleasant but not explosive like the strawberry fields that dried for 3 days before cobbing. Here's what it looks like now.

Back
Top Bottom