Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Cobbin provides the ‘ low thermal peak’, ie not at all according to 7-242 minutes heated decarb.. in ambient ...air..nitrogen and oxygen.. 80/20 about.

You got every molecule to Cana bin oid. Acid carboxl bond, They are all ..gone. Anaerobic etched away.
So best decarb statisically possible.
Chorylophil , organic, decomposed____
Sugars... used in ANEROBIC engine.
Wax and sterols. Gasified. Out air dry the remnants.

The parts of terpines not a gas. There. The gases are gone, used up in this ‘backwards ‘ process.

I did take notice of tangie’s Disdain for indicas’ . Certainly not worthy of the effort of a cob,
Tangie , is strictly sativa source for cobbin weed...
The process will cobbin cure any chemovars of course.
Curious...

But it’s not on the phones. You need a laptop or pc.

It annoys me senseless. Keeps posts hanging around that I don't want, but I spend an hour or more working on a post, pulling information - with actual sources - from all over the Internet, trying to turn the whole into something that is somewhat shorter in length than the second edition of the Oxford English Dictionary (all 20(!!!) volumes of it, lmao)...

and a momentary power blink does an instantaneous "hard" shutdown of my computer, so I reboot, reload my web browser, only to find...

...that my post has vanished more completely than Christmas, 1972.

So... I don't really have any use for that particular... feature. It is broken, IMHO. The previous forum software would have lost, at most, a sentence. Without me having to keep saving drafts every other sentence. I can do that locally, FFS. Before, I had no need to. . . .

I seriously think we all should stop pulling the wool over our own eyes with this sativa /indica battle,, perhaps mostly because so few strains can even trace roots anywhere, nevermind anywhere accurately

I was cobbin an OG kush, and was curious if it was sativa or indica, cuz I sure did not want to waste my time cobbin an indica, nope, not me

SSo I looked up OG kush,, guess what, first, so many common strains these days are based off OG kush, so stories are told,, and, guess what???

NNo one knows if OG kush is sativa or indica,, no one

NNot even you, well, perhaps you do, but no one else does,, so,, pls tell

SSo Cob away, I say

AAlso, I am smoking a bit of my first mini Cob, process started last Sunday so now five days fermenting.

SSmoked my first bit of it yesterday, and i found it tasted great, and was less filling

I found the stone more akin to a body stone, me missus did too, tho we are so easily coerced with positive expectations

BBut I swear I noticed a dif, as I am right now after three bong hits

GGoin fer four,, cheers friends

:bongrip:

Not worth the effort? Why not?

I sort of assumed, because this thing is being done to improve one's buzz - and the best way to improve the buzz of an indica is... to put it down and reach for a sativa ;) . But I am completely a little bit biased, so that's probably not really the actual reason.

Cobbin provides the ‘ low thermal peak’, ie not at all according to 7-242 minutes heated decarb.. in ambient ...air..nitrogen and oxygen.. 80/20 about.

I was wondering, if this is an anerobic process (fermentation vs. cellular respiration), if there would be any advantage to flushing the bag with nitrogen immediately prior to vacuum sealing it. I know tanks of the stuff are available (for those who have the coin) and many tire shops must have it, because they'll take the customer's money to "swap the air" in his/her tires with nitrogen gas so they'll be more stable (so to speak). Of course, it might be somewhat difficult to explain to the tire jockey why you need him/her to flush a bag with N₂, and why this should be done without looking at the contents, lol.

SSo I looked up OG kush,, guess what, first, so many common strains these days are based off OG kush, so stories are told,, and, guess what???

NNo one knows if OG kush is sativa or indica,, no one

I always considered it to be a middle-of-the-road kind of mutt. But I don't really consider it to be a Kush. I think of the 100% Afghani Indicas that came from the... Hindu Kush area (thus the term, Afghani, Afghanica, and - lol - Kush).

It did dawn on me that with so many (, many) strains being crosses... of crosses... of crosses, it's probably impossible to really determine such things without a genome map. And that only the unworked landraces (and, likely as not, only a portion of those?) would ever qualify to wear the moniker of "100% sativa" (or 100% indica, for that matter).

I also started thinking that the accepted physical growth traits of a sativa - leaves with long thin "fingers," leaves with as many as 15 of those fingers per, tall, at least somewhat more airy in structure (or at least more so than the opposite end of the "spectrum") even under strong light, long flowering period, ability to thrive on generally poorer soil, et cetera...

...might not necessarily guarantee the classic "sativa head effect." I suppose this would hinge on whether or not the same genes determine both sets of characteristics. And while I always assumed (in the past) this to be true... I realized that I really had NO IDEA.

nivek.... “tastes great and was less filling.” :rofl: Ahhh.... sure am glad you’re my friend. :hug:

I’m gonna leave gaseous infusions on the back burner for now. Lol!

@nivek, it’s been 23 minutes. Well? :battingeyelashes:

@nivek, it’s been 23 minutes. Well? :battingeyelashes:

well,, as in most body type stones i have had before,, twenty minutes is about what it takes to note any thing worth noting. again, i always want nothing more than for each new idea to really 'be' 'the' great cannabis idea,, you know, the one that takes me where i have only been one or two times in my life,, cannabis wise that is

well,, this, after a five day ferment,, is not that

but it is different,, just now the body effects are creepin in, like they tend to do.. most stones affect my upper eye area, body stones affect my lower eye area, and my lower eye area is being affected

course i have been experimenting with the tincture today as well,, but that was earlier.. oh boy,, more over consumption,, sheesh

i think i have determined the tincture to not be for me

cheers sue,,

but it is different,, just now the body effects are creepin in, like they tend to do.. most stones affect my upper eye area, body stones affect my lower eye area, and my lower eye area is being affected

polite erequest for clarification: I don't knwo what you mean. Unless you're referring to some sort of third-eye kind of thing. My eyes both are on about the same level. But anyway, I have glaucoma interocular eye pressure issue. Which of the above should I be most concerned with? (Thank you!)

Well, Ok then, I shall explain my meaningless meanings

WWhen I partake of this particular herb, smoking in a pipe when I smoke it, as opposed to vaping in a volcano which I normally do

WWhen I partake, the first instance of any abnormal sensations are sensed around the upper area of my eyes,, just a sensation is all,, i do not go crossed eyed or lose focus,, just a sensation that reminds me that I just partaked in a particular herb. my upper cranial dome is near the only area that sensates when I smoke

A body stone is very different, for me,, i tend to notice the sensations in my under eye areas, like I can feel my bones by thinking about them.

AAnd a body stone also affects my chest area, in that I can notice the sensation there, not that my chest hair falls out or anything even close to similar,, no extra nipple pops out,, nothin, just a sensation

AAnd right now, I might just be growing a third nipple, maybe,, report to follow

:theband:

But it’s not on the phones. You need a laptop or pc.
I did not realize that @SweetSue

That is weird. I wonder why. This forum software is quite screwy.

Sorry I steered you wrong @TorturedSoul . I didn't realize it wasn't on a mobile device. :(

Todays buzz Zamaldelica 12 months give or take a month this like Malawi should be IMO crazy, electric and laughing your ass off.

Mmmmmm...... makin’ me impatient. Lol! Beautiful colors in that Tangwena. How often has it been out of a vacuum seal in that year’s time? Was there a point when you let it dry out to stop the process?

Mmmmmm...... makin’ me impatient. Lol! Beautiful colors in that Tangwena. How often has it been out of a vacuum seal in that year’s time? Was there a point when you let it dry out to stop the process?
Hi Sue this piece is from my daily jar just loose in a zip lock. The main cob it came from is probably 90% dried after the 3 months aging.

But it is still pliable and not bone dry, vacuum sealed for storage. I dont like them bone dry unless they get that way from being left on the table while being used.
during the aging process and drying during inspections try to end up with something thats dry but still cuttable into chunks using your nail or a knife.

Bone dry looses a lot of taste and aroma but still works the same. I like to have some refined taste and slight aroma at the end of the aging.

You will loose a lot of the earlier smells they are just part of the process. At the end its just a fine perfume like smell and only when you sniff the bag or very close to a broken piece.
In Malawi with older cobs we used to grind a piece up and then take a deep sniff although its not pungent you still get all the fine delicate smells that define the plant if it was cured properly of course.

The freshly made cobs had a very strong smell until they dried out. Its just a matter of your personal tastes when I smoked I enjoyed the new season cobs for their taste and smell but later in the season when only aged cobs were available you get to appreciate the fine refined aromas just as much.

Back
Top Bottom