Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Hello all, I am boldly going to introduce myself. I am a new member who joined the forum because of this conversation about the Malawi cob curing. I've read the whole history this past weekend... didn't get much else done. lol. but had a great time lurking and getting to know you all. I'm a farmer's wife and don't have any fresh buds so am rehydrating some in a mason jar with a half of a lime suspended in a paper towel. I'm looking forward to Christmas and surprising the hubby with a sweet cob to smoke. So, ya, high.
Hey Missy, welcome! Glad to have you here!

Hello lazyfish (love the name) and, well, "The Lime"... hmm. well, our household is gluten free and lacking in most common food items, like breads that I've seen others use to rehydrate. I saw an apple on the counter and five limes. I figured I had more limes than apples so could spare one. So, I guess, lazyness and concern of using the last apple left me with the lime :) Also, I know my dried bud already has a hint of limonese in it and figured the lime would complement the aged flavor better than an apple?

:welcome: Missy. :hug: I love the idea, and it never occurred to me to try a citrus fruit. That lime edge is what makes the best Carnival.....:hmmmm: Now you have me thinking.

Looking forward to the Christmas report. Lol! You, my girl, are what we call “a keeper”.

We do love pictures.

@nivek , have I told you lately how much I love your off-beat experimental nature? :hug:

I see Tangwena stepped in with all the pertinent info.

Thanks @tangwena. You realize we feel like you’re part of the process. Lol! You stop, drop some small bit of furthering guidance and the guys run wild with it and come up with something we hadn’t thought of.

I think we make a good team, you included. It’s admittedly difficult to stay away. :battingeyelashes:

brick weed comeback, hehe

High-quality cobbing revolution lol! Good evening Lungcooking. Nice to meet you. :hug:

Have we enticed you to explore the waters of cobbing with us?

Thank you Van Stank! I'm honored by all the knowledge you are all imparting on me. And super excited starting this adventure. I feel like a mad scientist. hehe.

Hehe! I know that feeling well.

Thread of the year @SweetSue ?

It would have my vote. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart: I never expected it to take off like this.

A friend of mine posted these pics 2 days dry, 24hrs @36c and then 4 days fermenting.
They are now re sealed for another week.
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0813.JPG

High-quality cobbing revolution lol! Good evening Lungcooking. Nice to meet you. :hug:

Have we enticed you to explore the waters of cobbing with us?

Try using cognac.. wont get mold and will ferment with the herb. Use bike tyre tube to wrap the bud as tight as you can and then finish wrapping with eletrical black tape. You wont need to seal and take the air out. Will be hard as a rock. Leave like that for 3 months

Me and my friends use to do that back in 90´s

Try using cognac.. wont get mold and will ferment with the herb. Use bike tyre tube to wrap the bud as tight as you can and then finish wrapping with eletrical black tape. You wont need to seal and take the air out. Will be hard as a rock. Leave like that for 3 months

Me and my friends use to do that back in 90´s

Care to share the effect of this ingenuity, as best you recall? What contrast do you remember from this cobbing method and regular cannabis?

I’d be a little leery about wrapping my edible buds in a rubber sheath myself, but that’s just me. We have a hard enough time with using food-grade plastics. Lol!

put the flowers in a plastic bag, push all together with the hand then get that tyre tube from bike, cut it and make a strip.

use that rubber strip to wrap the flowers as tight as you can, then finish with the tape to hold the rubber together compressing that

of course i recall it, special taste, smell and euphoric high! very sweet herbal taste, you should try it!

forgot to mention, dry the buds first then you use the cognac to help in the cure while wrapped ;)

GUYS GUYS GUYS and SweetSue!!!! I got my first cobs rolled up and sweating. It was a bit of a conundrum because Hubby caught me in the act of getting supplies ready. Well, okay, I saw Lungcooking's post about the tyre tube and while I didn't want to go back to the '80's and use rubber, I did like the idea of a more cylindrical shaping tool to potentially avoid the indentations the string makes. (over-achiever in me) So, I got out my 1" diam. copper tubes that Hubby made me a couple years ago to roll/shape cannoli around. Well, let's just say... it didn't work out for me. My buds are quite sticky and I didn't grease the metal interior and they stuck like, stuck, stuck. That’s about when Hubby walked in. He caught me red handed staring at my bud-stuffed cannoli tube and was like “huh?” So, I gave him the 3-hour tour of the site and HE TOOK OVER!!! LOL! This is more fun than a Christmas surprise. He got all excited and turned into ToolMan. So, now that you are caught up on my drama-free life, here goes with the cobbing project and pictures.

This is where he says "huh?" The buds are all stuck inside. My idea was to use a quarter and bamboo sticks to push them through. It eventually worked. Then, there is my rehydrated cannoli-tube bud getting its RH checked (we did take the hydrometer out before sweating).

Attachments

• cannoli Huh.jpg
    cannoli Huh.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 53
  • cannoli using a quarter.jpg
    cannoli using a quarter.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 64
  • cannoli RH.jpg
    cannoli RH.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom