Temperature drop an issue? And really close nodes? Help please

Sleven

Hey people so I've began my second go at doing this with the first falling to a hermie!!! Everything seems to be going much better but I'm struggling to control the temperature when the lights are off, the temp drops to 60F from around 80F and possibly slightly lower last night, I have bought an sms dual fan controller and massively upgraded my outlet fan which brought my temps down from 70-100f, basically I am wanting to know if this drop of about 20F would stress out the plants?

I have placed the controller onto the same lighting circuit as the lights for tonight to check if that helps but that means no air really in or out for the night periods is that bad?

I have plenty of air flow from other fans inside the tent and the nodes of the plants are unbelievably tightly spaced as I can get the lights close is this also a bad thing or should they be spaced further apart they are growing really well?

If you require photos I shall take some tomorrow but if anyone can advise on my issues that would be great thanks

I'm currently floating around the lower 80s in the day at lower 60's at night with no problems.
Remember, your baby is a plant... she's made to grow in nature.
I start to see stress in the 90's. Bad things happen after 100... but it sounds like you're well aware.
I try to keep my garden over 50 in the depths of my southern winters. Sometime I vent my lights inside. Sometimes I use heaters. In the warmer months, I keep the AC crankin.
Remeber, lower temps can cause mold issues. Watch your RH and keep a tight eye out.
Tight nodes are good nodes in my book. Tight means more.

Really?! that sounds awesome I'm doing some super lemon haze from greenhouse seeds and it's aparently some chronic haha it says it's won various awards to which I know of 6 of them but there could be more I shall up loads pics later thanks

a day night temperature differential greater then 8°C, sorry no experience with F, and you're dropping from 26.6°C to 15.5°C is one of several possible indications for your plant to produce bloom hormones as those gaps are normally occurring in autumn , so it might be good for getting the night temps a little bit higher at approx. 19°C or 66°F .

i dunno if this is stressing the plant or not, but it could start producing bloom hormones early which in veg .... dunno ... in bloom this is fine as then there should be a lot of bloom hormones.

was on a real nice canna (CANNA Gardening CANADA) seminar this week with way too much information about stuff like this. :)

Back
Top Bottom