The Answer's DIY Kief Box

Answer- this is such an awesome idea. I love your craftiness :).

I bought my items today and just thought I'd ad that this week Michael's has the shadow boxes 40% off plus they have a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase- even sale items. Thats 60% off if your too stoned to do math lol :) And if you dont mind doing a second trip they have a 40% off one item which can be used for the screen. Hope this helps!

I have a little over an oz of dried sugar leaves.

I was wondering about how much hash I can expect from that. The reason I'm asking is because I know I can cook up budder for almost free, but to make hash, I'm looking at a $25 screen and $10 clay press.

What would you do?

Answer- this is such an awesome idea. I love your craftiness :).

I bought my items today and just thought I'd ad that this week Michael's has the shadow boxes 40% off plus they have a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase- even sale items. Thats 60% off if your too stoned to do math lol :) And if you dont mind doing a second trip they have a 40% off one item which can be used for the screen. Hope this helps!

Very nice! Yeah I was fortunate enough to get a sale price on the shadow box frame too!

I have a little over an oz of dried sugar leaves.

I was wondering about how much hash I can expect from that. The reason I'm asking is because I know I can cook up budder for almost free, but to make hash, I'm looking at a $25 screen and $10 clay press.

What would you do?

MAKE HASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will get a very nice amount of quality hash, that is way better than cannabutter, in my opinion. I used one half oz. of trimmings last run and was toking on some tasty hash for weeks. Nobody is eating that many brownies! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Don't get me wrong, I love cannabutter and baked goods and such. Many people use the leftover leaf material, after screening the trichs, to make cannabutter.

I got up this morning with a Honey-Do list that I was not looking forward to.
If I had smoked some of this Indica , then NOTHING would have gotten done.
I took a piece of hash the size of a BB , threw it in the pipe, got two tokes and had a new attitude and got the entire list finished by noon.

HASH, gotta love it!

Was the hash made from the same indica that would have caused marital strife? lol

Just wondering if anyone has noted a different effect from hash vs bud from the same plants.

The Indica pot is a N/L and was harvested with dark trichs. It glues me to the sofa and takes all of my ambition away.

The HASH is from the same pot, and and is a light high, a smiley high, a GIGGLEY HEAD HIGH. It makes me want to paint the barn, or do a painting or build a barn, with a smile on my face.

My kind of buzz. I wish I had some. My honey do list got done but it was just a few minutes ago. I'm beat. No sativas left either. I really need to pay attention to my stash. lol :peace:

The Indica pot is a N/L and was harvested with dark trichs. It glues me to the sofa and takes all of my ambition away.

The HASH is from the same pot, and and is a light high, a smiley high, a GIGGLEY HEAD HIGH. It makes me want to paint the barn, or do a painting or build a barn, with a smile on my face.

I've noticed that difference also. More than 2-3 hits though, and not much gets done either, lol.

I have a jar full of NL 5/William's Wonder buds that I rarely smoke unless I make hash with it. Smoking the buds almost always gives me anxiety, but the hash made from it doesn't at all.

I've noticed that difference also. More than 2-3 hits though, and not much gets done either, lol.

I have a jar full of NL 5/William's Wonder buds that I rarely smoke unless I make hash with it. Smoking the buds almost always gives me anxiety, but the hash made from it doesn't at all.

When I first harvested and smoked my N/L, (and many past crops of same strain too) the first week or two, I get so nervous from just 4 or 5 tokes, I can't smoke a half joint by myself. My heart flutters and I am so anxious, I am a nervous wreck. But, LOL, I hang in there and now, three months later, I can smoke an entire J by myself, if I don't want to get off of the sofa or try to understand anything said around me. Moving and Comunication become very difficult if I do smoke one by myself....even over two or 3 hours.
And I've smoke daily for 41 years.

When I first harvested and smoked my N/L, (and many past crops of same strain too) the first week or two, I get so nervous from just 4 or 5 tokes, I can't smoke a half joint by myself. My heart flutters and I am so anxious, I am a nervous wreck. But, LOL, I hang in there and now, three months later, I can smoke an entire J by myself, if I don't want to get off of the sofa or try to understand anything said around me. Moving and Comunication become very difficult if I do smoke one by myself....even over two or 3 hours.
And I've smoke daily for 41 years.

Sounds like "strain tolerance".

I develop that very quickly, so I like to always have about 3-4 different strains of bud to smoke. If I smoke the same strain for more than a week or so, the effect gets weaker.

Of course, as you mention, with potent smoke like NL, sometimes that's not necessarily a bad thing ;)

Guess I'm a lightweight too, cause I got some big roaches round' here, lol

I'm going to get one before my next harvest and will report back on how it works.

I have little doubt that it's going to be lots easier, faster, and kief yield will be significantly increased.

I'm familiar with these bench-top vibrators because I used to use them to remove air bubbles and voids in different materials in a job I had years ago.

They would work extremely well for sieving fine particles through a screen.

I just tried it using an electric palm sander, which was a bit awkward, but sieved a couple of grams more kief from some shake that I had already sieved by hand several times and couldn't get any more out of.

Something else I did recently that worked very well was to use an electric heat gun to heat my hash press instead of putting it in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom