Making a stash/roller box

Felenari

I'm currently making myself a nice stash box out of Ipe(ironwood) and oak and I'm trying to find a nice 150ish micron screen to make the kief catcher out of. Anyone know where I can buy a 20ish inch by 10ish inch screen? I've looked into a few industrial filter shops for an inconel screen but they have 100$ minimum.

My box is 18x10x10 and will have a mirror on the bottom, pipe/j rolling area and a storage section on top. Brass latches on the side for each section and a hinged lid on top with brass/copper handles.

So anyone know a good place for a screen that'll work for me?

Re: Making a stash/roller box.

Hi Felenari.

Like to start by welcoming you to 420 Magazine!

Your project sounds really cool. I'm not familiar with "Inconel screen" so forgive me if this isn't helpful. I've found some mesh for screening kief at some local silk screening supply outlets. Here is a link to an online supplier as well. Silk Screen Printing Mesh | Silk Screening Supplies

I hope you enjoy the site and the community of members here!

Again :welcome:

Ty for the welcome and the link. Inconel is a nickel chromium steel that is more rust/stain resistant than stainless. Mostly used in high heat applications like jet turbines or hot machine parts. I was looking for a metal screen because I tend to be a bit rough on my stuff. I've heard good things about silk screens though so I'll check out that link.

I'll post pics of the box when it's done. It'll probably be a few months though. I still have to forge the latches and handles.

Oh man. I definitely would like to see the finished product. Sounds really cool. Aren't something of a renaissance man or woman to forge your own hardware. Reps to you my new friend!

@TanR, people tell me I'm stuck in the wrong century all the time dude. Renaissance man btw. :p

@ColoradoHigh, I wish I had a grow room. I tried growing twice and I got a mangled male/female hybrid and two males. I am building a new workshop that's all redwood, oak and stainless though. My old shed will be a grow house with some luck tho.

Just got my screens from some dude on ebay. Good screens for a good price. Got 125, 165 and 250 micron screens in stainless for 37$ total. 14x20".

Hi again Felenari,

Is that the last piece of the puzzle in finishing your box?

I wish. I still need to angle the ironwood (need a good saw for that with an awesome blade) then I can start making the mirror bottom and after that I'm starting on the screen levels. The lid is finished but I need to build the locking mechanism still and the latches for the sides. All in all prolly about 60 hours or so. 80 if I decide to carve the whole thing on the outside.

Well, sounds like a fun and rewarding project and I would still love to see the finished product.

I'm taking pictures, start to finish. It'll probably be a while before it's done tho.

Back
Top Bottom