"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

Yes, Beast 2.0. This is the prototype, the proof of concept. The next step is to refine everything, i.e. I know how to take two 90's out of the vent, that is huge. Next I need to work out a simple metal frame, do I have them custom fabbed? Lots of questions, lots of ideas.

Why a metal frame? I built a 2.5'x4.5'x6.5' out of 3/4" PVC

Hmmmmm.... I have a feeling the metal frame idea isn't so much a "functionality thing" (cause true, wood or PVC would do the trick just as well) but more of a "finished and streamlined look" which FPF seems to like enjoy just as much as function. Just like he likes his woman!! lol Just kiddin'! But hell I could be wrong. :smokin:

I dunno. I'm not a big fan of PVC frames anymore. After dealing with an aero system with a PVC frame it started to sag after a while. DOH!!!! maybe it was just the 50lb per plant yield. lol j/k, but metal is best bet. Just look at the American Hydro 3x3 Ebb & flow setups. Nice metal frames, somewhat strong PVC corners, not a bad set-up either! I think FPF has the right Idea for a quality Hydro kit. GO FPF!!

I just don't think PVC would be strong enough except for the very large diameter pieces, too big for my purposes. I can see where something of smaller scale PVC would be fine, but for something as big as The Beast it is just not adequate.

I've been building and designing high end custom homes for the last 34 years, I have a real good sense for materials span capabilities. That's why I'm heading toward metal, steel or aluminum.

Hmmmmm.... I have a feeling the metal frame idea isn't so much a "functionality thing" (cause true, wood or PVC would do the trick just as well) but more of a "finished and streamlined look" which FPF seems to like enjoy just as much as function. Just like he likes his woman!! lol Just kiddin'! But hell I could be wrong. :smokin:

You're a lot closer than you realize, but I do feel steel is more appropriate considering steel is 9 times as strong per crossectional area meaning you can make the structural pieces much smaller.

As to my women, you're pretty darn close too, my gf is pretty darn sleek, and extremly classy. What she's doing with me I have no idea. I've known her since we were in second grade.

I dunno. I'm not a big fan of PVC frames anymore. After dealing with an aero system with a PVC frame it started to sag after a while. DOH!!!! maybe it was just the 50lb per plant yield. lol j/k, but metal is best bet. Just look at the American Hydro 3x3 Ebb & flow setups. Nice metal frames, somewhat strong PVC corners, not a bad set-up either! I think FPF has the right Idea for a quality Hydro kit. GO FPF!!

Thanks bro, you've got it right, steel for strength and integrity. On top of everything it looks much more solid.

looks are not everything. I'd rather have a shitty looking set-up that produced a ton than a cool looking one that was a piece of shit. (my version of confusious. lol) I really disliked the Phototron back in the day. lol

looks are not everything. I'd rather have a shitty looking set-up that produced a ton than a cool looking one that was a piece of shit. (my version of confusious. lol) I really disliked the Phototron back in the day. lol

Couldn't agree with you more, an I feel a lot of the beauty in my set up comes from it's functionality. And frankly, this thing is going to look absolutly gorgeous when I pull a pound a plant from it!

Hey man, you gotta dream!

I can see it now, powder paint coated steel and 1 lb per plant! Yeessss!

Bingo, ding ding ding, you win the prize! And I know a company the will mix any color paint, it wil be beautiful and productive!

You should see the girls, I swear they have grown close to two inches today, this is nothing short of amazing! I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

My son and I played 18 holes of golf today. I was so hung over it was a joke! My son and I are geting to know each other and we have a lot of hurdles to get over. We got loaded last night, stayed up way to late, got up and played 18 holes at my home course. You gotta se this course, it's pretty dramatic, shooting from one side of the canyon to the other. My daughter-in-law lugged my two grandchildren along while we played. That woman is quite a trooper. She's real sweet and does a great job with my grandkids, she's a very loving mother.

I had a great Father's Day, and to think I spent the whole day with 3 generations together. Life is good.

Initially imy fathersday sucked, but the further it progressed th more magical It became. I've had both hardships an wonderous moments! And The wonderous moments outweigh the bad a thousand fold.

Back
Top Bottom