"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

Oh no, I'm not implying he stole anything. I was just happy to see he liked the phrase and was using it! :rofl:

Brain feeling fuzzy right now, but I think I coined that phrase a while back in this thread. ;)

:adore: FPF

Hey, sorry man, didn't mean to rip anything off, not really paying attention right now, just got my good night kiss from my sweetheart.

But hey, I'll gladly give you the credit for the name, I do like it.

Oh we can rip each other off I can think of two that people use...kiss and note to self...when someone else uses it now I laugh

Oh No, you both miss understood me. I was just tring to say that I'm happy you liked it and are using it! :rofl:

:adore: FPF

Sooooo...

At 400 sq feet, at 300 PPM naturally, assuming you just had a fresh air exchange.

That's .48 cubic feet of CO2 to increase the CO2 by 1200PPMS to get to 1500PPMS.

So assuming you have a flow meter that's set to 2 cubic feet per hour, that's 14.4 minutes of on-time (you can do all this with some cyclic timers, and no controller, with this info.. ) So at this flow rate, a 20LB CO2 bottle will last 87 hours of flow time.

So assuming you have the rule of thumb, 1 hour exchanges for heat and a fresh 300PPM room.

So that's 854 hourly exchanges with a 20LB CO2 at 2CFM for a 400sq ft area.

So if you're running this during 12/12, you only have to run it during the lit hours, so that's 12 exchanges per day cycle.

So a 20LB tank would last you 30 days in a room that size.

Obviously, you can see if you have a controller, and time the dumps exactly, it'll save you CO2 in the long run, as your plants won't necessarily eat 1300ppms once an hour.

You can hand tweek this system, up as the plants get bigger and do the recycle from less often to more as they get bigger, and stretch it more, probably to 45-50 days.

Expect to pay about $100-$140 bucks for a 20LB tank, but I got no clue how much they charge to fill it.

LOL.. It's a rep party up in this thread. :)

Yea.. when I used to get introduced as a kid I was "the smart one".

I've always had this innate ability to recognize patterns in everything. People, technology, and now plants. It dumbfounds me how little we really know about plants, and their inner workings.

What? You posted here and didn't give reps!?! :rofl:

rep - :theband:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL, I can't rep the common peeps in here, cause I've repped them all already. :) Like you, and alien8 and FPF.. I can't rep.

You can borrow my son. He is very smart and fun if he doesn't dislike you. Only person he has disliked in the close past is my parents lol. They did look like fools when they were complaining to my uncle since he was a perfect gentleman when he was at there house for 6 days lol. He was all over cali for two weeks. Now off to WI where ever that is :)

Thanks alien8:cheer:

OMM's first rule: Never borrow children They may like me and never want to leave:cheer:
But thanks! I'm not sure about where that WI is either!:)

Back
Top Bottom