"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

Wow that seems like a lot of trouble but you're right. Depending on the time of grow I just add some of the appropriate grow or bloom. If I'm using bloom I add back another half dose and visa versa. My outside plants can take higher levels of nutes because they are in soil and that can buffer it. But then again I usually fertilize right before a light rain shower and about two-three days after a heavy shower.

There you go, supplement it and you'll be sure you have what you need.

I hadn't thought this one through yet, but now that I do my flowers outside are probably getting just what they need, I am trying to get them to blossom, so the grow nutes I'm throwing out are probably a little low in nitrogen so this may be great for my flowers. Cool.

And then when you switch The Beast to flower and they start eating P and K heavy your flowers will be getting some extra N to keep them healthy after their doses to get the flowers growing. Nice little circle of life recyling plan!

Wow, I checked the temps in The Beast this morning and it was 70 under the lights and the res was 68, perfect operating temps. It's beginning to look like I can finally get that co2 set up. It looks like I'll be able to run the co2 during flower, that should be huge! They girls are fattening up nicely!

You know.. They recommend running the ambient air temp up higher once you start using CO2, to kick the metabolism in the plant up higher, to use up the carbon more efficiently..

IIRC, they recommend ~80-90F, 1500PPMs of CO2, and the lower the RH the better. The less water there is in the air, the less work the stomata have to do to release O2, and H20, the by-products of photosynthesis + CO2.

Also.. once you dump in the CO2, you can put the fans on timers or connected to a CO2 controller, or just isolate the lights only to the stream. I've heard of people only exchanging their air once a day when they went to CO2, and others none at all.

And you'll want to consider running fresh air for any air pumps you have as the O2 level in air is already really low in addition to higher temps, and increased CO2, you'll likely have lower O2 PPMs...

Sorry, if you all know this.. I don't infer anyone's ignorance in subjects when I discuss them, so please don't take it that way.

I've gota lot to learn too! Plus I won't be running it with a controller, that would test the air and add co2 automatically. Just can't afford it this grow, maybe next. I'll have to do some calcs, very easy, to determine how much it needs to run to get my space up to 1300-1500 ppms for optimal growth. Then I'll have to guess at how fast it is being dissipated through my leaks and make a determination as to how often to run it.

I'll be looking into that very soon, within the next week or two, definitely when I flower.

Post the dimensions for your sealed up room, and I'll do the math for you. Wish I had someplace to put all these damned neat calculations I've wrote. :)

hey man, don't ever apologize for putting good information in my thread, that was a great post, thanks a lot!

I was not aware that higher temps were good, what a trip, now thatI've got them down. Undo something I guess!

You know.. They recommend running the ambient air temp up higher once you start using CO2, to kick the metabolism in the plant up higher, to use up the carbon more efficiently..

IIRC, they recommend ~80-90F, 1500PPMs of CO2, and the lower the RH the better. The less water there is in the air, the less work the stomata have to do to release O2, and H20, the by-products of photosynthesis + CO2.

Also.. once you dump in the CO2, you can put the fans on timers or connected to a CO2 controller, or just isolate the lights only to the stream. I've heard of people only exchanging their air once a day when they went to CO2, and others none at all.

And you'll want to consider running fresh air for any air pumps you have as the O2 level in air is already really low in addition to higher temps, and increased CO2, you'll likely have lower O2 PPMs...

Sorry, if you all know this.. I don't infer anyone's ignorance in subjects when I discuss them, so please don't take it that way.

Yea... Plants have two metabolisms. One in the root zone, and one in the top-side. They are both regulated by temperature. The higher the temp, the higher the metabolism goes. If the plant has proper nutes, water, disolved oxygen, and CO2, once the temp goes up, it'll kick the plant into overdrive.

I've got this crazy ass system cooked up in my head..... don't have the money to build it thou. I've made a 4 site system, that is a tiny bit of what I wanted to build.. Just don't have the cash, but if you did this right... I think you could push with some massive yields.

CO2 is just a tiny bit of the equation. :)

Yea... Plants have two metabolisms. One in the root zone, and one in the top-side. They are both regulated by temperature. The higher the temp, the higher the metabolism goes. If the plant has proper nutes, water, disolved oxygen, and CO2, once the temp goes up, it'll kick the plant into overdrive.

I've got this crazy ass system cooked up in my head..... don't have the money to build it thou. I've made a 4 site system, that is a tiny bit of what I wanted to build.. Just don't have the cash, but if you did this right... I think you could push with some massive yields.

CO2 is just a tiny bit of the equation. :)

Okay, you've teased us all, we need details of what you're talking about.

Post the dimensions for your sealed up room, and I'll do the math for you. Wish I had someplace to put all these damned neat calculations I've wrote. :)

My space is 5'x10'x8 so 400cf.

To be honest my regulator came with charts telling me how long I have to run at what ppm to reach the desire level. But please post the calcs for everyone to get an idea of what is involved, that would be very useful information. I'd love it if you'd put it in my thread. Thanks bro.

I've gota lot to learn too! Plus I won't be running it with a controller, that would test the air and add co2 automatically. Just can't afford it this grow, maybe next. I'll have to do some calcs, very easy, to determine how much it needs to run to get my space up to 1300-1500 ppms for optimal growth. Then I'll have to guess at how fast it is being dissipated through my leaks and make a determination as to how often to run it.

I'll be looking into that very soon, within the next week or two, definitely when I flower.

Why don't we say a quarter or better and hope a lot are better. You are having a killer grow all will be good.

YO YO FPF :smokin:

Wanted to stop by and say "high", playing catch-up and man do I gotta say your beast is now a monster. Great job on the grow bud :bravo: looking good Your going to have one hell of a harvest. I noticed you replaced one of the girls with a fresh clone. thats exactly what I do if I have an open spot. Screw it right ? Anything off her will be that much more right. Anyhow, keep up the great work. I may not stop by often but I always am watching. +rep when I can

I was just about to say what the bleep are you doing here. Glad you are enjoying. I don't want you back on her till they leave.

silly FPF. just put your hydro water in the soile test. lol, j/k about the silly thing. it's the wine talking. Nice colorado Blush 2008 with nice colorado White Rhino.....lol

I am curious though, how do you have the dual reservoir set up, and why the second? I'm very currious about this. It seems like it's almost more trouble than it's worth to just have one res with lower nutes. I would think that even though your in there more often filling and mixing it would be a better bet for continuous levels anywho? NO?

Just currious. I mean no harm, and I'm in no way dissing your setup. It's awsome, but just wondering what is behind the dual res.

later bro!

Back
Top Bottom