"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

Thanks Green, you're too much!

Okay, to keep this thread a journal.

Today is res change day, everything looks fine. Room temp 77 under the lights, res temp 72, just about perfect conditions, better than I was hoping for just a little while ago. I started out first thing this morning giving the girls a foliar feed, they look great so what the heck, I'm sticking with the feed. The way the res is set up I'm not sure I'm getting a lot of nutes to the girls, the lower res gets pretty diluted after a few days. Therefore the supplemental spray.

So, when I checked the nutes prior to res change they were down to about 340 ppm, they are eating good, but I feel a lot of this is from dilution from the upper res not having any nutes in it. I shut off the upper to see how much they eat in the next 24 hours.

So, upon refill I added a total of 300 ml each of the AN Sensi Grow A&B and 25 ml of Super Thrive. This brought my ppm up to about 850 ppm, this is about as high as I will go during a grow. I'll keep up with the foliar feeding, it seems to be doing great.

I topped a few of the AK/CL again today, they are growing so big and so fast, they really aren't a good grow match for the WR and DP. I'm not getting quite an inch a day out of the WR and DP, but they have been topped pretty good and have a ton of side shoots to feed to. A couple of the DP have over ten major branches for cola formation, they are becoming very thick bushes.

So, all systems go, everything appears to be functioning exactly as I'd like.

You are going to get some unbelievable yield. I think my nugs are dry will check them later to make sure. Then I will weigh all with and without the popcorn. I have to cut the stems off first tis why I am not doing it now. I don't feel like doing any work.

I keep thinking I have to go check my plants. I forget they are done lol.

You are going to get some unbelievable yield. I think my nugs are dry will check them later to make sure. Then I will weigh all with and without the popcorn. I have to cut the stems off first tis why I am not doing it now. I don't feel like doing any work.

I keep thinking I have to go check my plants. I forget they are done lol.

I hate to say this, but I'm hoping for 1/2 lb/ plant. I'm a little embarrassed to say it out loud, it sounds like I'm bragging. But I just got 1/4 lb/ plant under 440w of cfl's, I figure if I get that much with that set up now with more room and under 3000w of hps this grow should kick some serious ass! I'll be disappointed if I only get 1/4/ plant this time.

Looking forward to that CO2 setup bro. I've got a lot ot learn about it.

I've gota lot to learn too! Plus I won't be running it with a controller, that would test the air and add co2 automatically. Just can't afford it this grow, maybe next. I'll have to do some calcs, very easy, to determine how much it needs to run to get my space up to 1300-1500 ppms for optimal growth. Then I'll have to guess at how fast it is being dissipated through my leaks and make a determination as to how often to run it.

I'll be looking into that very soon, within the next week or two, definitely when I flower.

Wow, pulling out all the stops I see! CO2 in that room should make them dense as hell! Remember this is your first time through so keep those expectations in check. But then again, I'd be surprised too if you didn't double your production from the last grow. Strain variance may play a part but you're putting the pedal to the metal, that's for sure.

Wow, pulling out all the stops I see! CO2 in that room should make them dense as hell! Remember this is your first time through so keep those expectations in check. But then again, I'd be surprised too if you didn't double your production from the last grow. Strain variance may play a part but you're putting the pedal to the metal, that's for sure.

I keep telling myself to keep the expectations low, you know all the reasons why. But even a qp per, figuring on 16 good sized plants is 4 lbs, that will keep me in the game, the bank won't be knocking at my door. But at a half lb per I've found my new profession! Architecture will become the hobby. Then if I build another beast we may be talking lots of fun.

I've gota lot to learn too! Plus I won't be running it with a controller, that would test the air and add co2 automatically. Just can't afford it this grow, maybe next. I'll have to do some calcs, very easy, to determine how much it needs to run to get my space up to 1300-1500 ppms for optimal growth. Then I'll have to guess at how fast it is being dissipated through my leaks and make a determination as to how often to run it.

I'll be looking into that very soon, within the next week or two, definitely when I flower.

Sounds like this will help you!

CO2 Test Kit

Refill tubes are sold cheap too.

...And I believe that optimum temps for Co2 use are about 85-95degrees. It'll still work in lower temps, but works best between those temps.

Hope that helps man. GL!! Watch out for the Co2 generators. Those babies are notorious for heat.

Sounds like this will help you!

CO2 Test Kit

Refill tubes are sold cheap too.

...And I believe that optimum temps for Co2 use are about 85-95degrees. It'll still work in lower temps, but works best between those temps.

Hope that helps man. GL!! Watch out for the Co2 generators. Those babies are notorious for heat.

Thanks bro, they have those at my hydro shop, I'm planning on picking up a few to get a good read on how everything is working. Optimum temps are 85-95 deg, now that I had no idea about, that will work perfect for me. Though have you noticed, lately, first thing in the morning I'm sitting in the low 70's, that's perfect for good growth in The Beast.

And yes, I've seen those generators. They are the only thing that makes sense for long term use, I did some calcs while watching StickFingers thread. But with the heat it's not even a consideration for me this summer.

Looks like were all just sitten around in front of our pcs today !! Can't wait till the sun pops out today, need to get my fat ass out on my bike for a quick ride ...I even like Mr. Doobie doobie doo .... but not as much as just a plain ol doobie !!(with a little kief, for Fry and MC)

Looks like were all just sitten around in front of our pcs today !! Can't wait till the sun pops out today, need to get my fat ass out on my bike for a quick ride ...I even like Mr. Doobie doobie doo .... but not as much as just a plain ol doobie !!(with a little kief, for Fry and MC)

Yup, just hanging for a few before making one last trip to the store to pick up things for this week. I just found out my son is bringing both their dogs, the second is a little one. I give the big pups Greenies every afternoon, all I have are way too big for the little one so one more trip to the store to pick some up for her.

Then the town fair is here. I think I'll head over there for a bit, see what crafts are being sold this year.

Thanks Green, you're too much!

Okay, to keep this thread a journal.

Today is res change day, everything looks fine. Room temp 77 under the lights, res temp 72, just about perfect conditions, better than I was hoping for just a little while ago. I started out first thing this morning giving the girls a foliar feed, they look great so what the heck, I'm sticking with the feed. The way the res is set up I'm not sure I'm getting a lot of nutes to the girls, the lower res gets pretty diluted after a few days. Therefore the supplemental spray.

So, when I checked the nutes prior to res change they were down to about 340 ppm, they are eating good, but I feel a lot of this is from dilution from the upper res not having any nutes in it. I shut off the upper to see how much they eat in the next 24 hours.

So, upon refill I added a total of 300 ml each of the AN Sensi Grow A&B and 25 ml of Super Thrive. This brought my ppm up to about 850 ppm, this is about as high as I will go during a grow. I'll keep up with the foliar feeding, it seems to be doing great.

I topped a few of the AK/CL again today, they are growing so big and so fast, they really aren't a good grow match for the WR and DP. I'm not getting quite an inch a day out of the WR and DP, but they have been topped pretty good and have a ton of side shoots to feed to. A couple of the DP have over ten major branches for cola formation, they are becoming very thick bushes.

So, all systems go, everything appears to be functioning exactly as I'd like.

Thanks for the info FPF. Now another question. I'm going to change me res tomorrow. I know the one plant hasn't eaten much. I am thinking of capturing the old res water and using it in my outdoor garden. What do you think?

Thanks for the info FPF. Now another question. I'm going to change me res tomorrow. I know the one plant hasn't eaten much. I am thinking of capturing the old res water and using it in my outdoor garden. What do you think?

I've been draining my res into my flower garden, it's a native area where I've got lots of native grasses mixed in with wild flowers, they seem to be loving it. My big question though is what nutes are they missing? What did your plants eat? The reason for the res change, in my understanding anyway, is to reset the nutes. I haven't found a way to test what exactly the plants are eating. So what you're feeding to your other plants will be a little less in which nute?

You may be able to make a good guess though. I'll never forget my first outdoor grows. I'd put them in pots to keep them rather small, I didn't know what the hell I was doing back then, lots of bad advice. But I read this book that said during the first 1/3 of the growth period you need a higher level of higher level on N, or nitrogen for general plant growth, for the leaves and branches. Then the middle 1/3 you need more of the P, or phosphate is good for plant health, will help to grow good roots and ward off disease. The last 1/3 is flowering, where you'll need higher levels of K, or potash, this is for vigorous flower growth.

But, you can buy soil test kits that will tell you which nutes have been consumed and what the plant needs. I haven't found anything like that for hydro, I'm hoping someone will come up with a link, not knowing exactly is killing me! But what I found was that the testing confirmed which nutes were being consumed and they coincided with the book perfectly. So, during the first 1/3 I'd use nutes high in N, the second 1/3 higher in P, and the final 1/3, yes, you guessed it, more K.

So to make a short story long, if your indoor grow is in flower they are probably using more of the potash (K) and if your outdoor is in the middle 1/3 of the growth period this res flush may be exactly what they need. Do you see what I'm getting at, you're really just guessing, but it would be possible to make this work. I imagine if you could determine exactly what nutes are being eaten and which the others need you could conceivably reuse the old water like you're suggesting.

Wow that seems like a lot of trouble but you're right. Depending on the time of grow I just add some of the appropriate grow or bloom. If I'm using bloom I add back another half dose and visa versa. My outside plants can take higher levels of nutes because they are in soil and that can buffer it. But then again I usually fertilize right before a light rain shower and about two-three days after a heavy shower.

The Doctors are in and very busy today !! Nice informative posts ! :thumb: my head hurts now

Back
Top Bottom