The Deep Water Culture Home

Tune in, turn on, and drop out, hmmm seems like I've heard that one before !! Actually it worked back then, so why not now ? I've had more practice too! :thumb:

Tune in, turn on, and drop out, hmmm seems like I've heard that one before !! Actually it worked back then, so why not now ? I've had more practice too! :thumb:

And some of us have it thrust upon us, the lack of work that is! Good luck Answer, I'm sure you did the right thing, but keep your wits about you and keep an eye out for work. Watch the money and start looking right now, you never know how long it's going to be. Though there are jobs that are pretty much recession free, mine sure wasn't! I hope your is.

Take care brother!

For a couple years, back in the late 60s and in 1970, "turned on" meant a drug user. You could approach an old friend you had not seen in a long time, or a total complete stranger and ask "ARE YOU TURNED ON?" and if he responded "Huh?" or "What?" then you backed off and said NEVERMIND.

"turned on" was a secret password, sort of, back then.

For a couple years, back in the late 60s and in 1970, "turned on" meant a drug user. You could approach an old friend you had not seen in a long time, or a total complete stranger and ask "ARE YOU TURNED ON?" and if he responded "Huh?" or "What?" then you backed off and said NEVERMIND.

"turned on" was a secret password, sort of, back then.

I think it maybe time for a comeback..:grinjoint:

Thanks for the support fella's! I am fortunate enough to have a somewhat reccession proof career(restaurant manager). However to find a non corporate gig is a little tricky in this biz! I was like you STgeneziz, it was eating away at me slowly and the regional manager was a lying and deceiptfull piece of filth. All these corporate types are concerned about one thing and on thing only: MONEY!!!! I have never been money "driven", as I truly believe money is the root of all evil!

Thanks for the support fella's! I am fortunate enough to have a somewhat reccession proof career(restaurant manager). However to find a non corporate gig is a little tricky in this biz! I was like you STgeneziz, it was eating away at me slowly and the regional manager was a lying and deceiptfull piece of filth. All these corporate types are concerned about one thing and on thing only: MONEY!!!! I have never been money "driven", as I truly believe money is the root of all evil!

and how it controls us, some more than others...

That would work, although it'd be more work and trouble than I would want to go through.

For the first time ever, I had heat problems on my most recent grow. We had a very hot September and my tank's water wanted to stay at 72 and 74 degrees. 65 to 70 is what I want.

To get to that 65 degtees,
I kept wet face clothes on top of my tank and I kept the lights from shining on top of my tank by covering it with wet rags.
I raised my tanks up on two boards, 1 x 2s, and had a one inch gap under my tanks, with a fan blowing very closely on them, and under them.
I did every trick in the book to raise the humidity, all listed in that Temp and Humidity link.
I had a dozen of those frozen thingys that are sealed plastic bags full of dry ice that you use to keep things cold. I laid them on my tank, and leaned them against the sides of my tank, and I got it down to a steady constant 66 degrees.
The very best solution in my opinion, is concentrate on the room's temp, and get the temp down of the grow area.

I saw a dude put his tanks into a larger tank with water in it and I saw a grower set his tank in an oven broiler pan, a pan about two inches deep and he put water in it. Both ways really worked great.

I'll never do a grow in my house in the summer again.

Amen on the summer indoor grow Roseman. It's just way too much work.

Peace

Sam

Hey Roseman, MC, how's everyone doing? I have been off the site for a few days, cause I resigned from my job on Friday. I couldn't put up with the corporate skullduggery anymore!! I told myself I would never get sucked into the corporate way of life and now I know why! So I am taking a few weeks off to relax and get my thoughts together. I am getting ready to start my cloning project, so it kinda works out having all the extra time! Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey theanswer

Wow. I sure hope you have something lined up. Either that, or you don't need to work. There are 100 people fighting for every job out there.

CORPORATE SKULLDUGGERY! I experience it almost every day and I can't wait to get home and light one up. One that I grew! I just couldn't resign like you did, taking everything into consideration.

Hope you land on your feet bro.

Peace

Sam

That was Timothy Leary's mantra, no?

Yes it was and we did. I have some fond memories.....if I could only remember them. By the way if you can remember the 70's then you were not turned on.

I woke up and there was this thing called Disco. :smokin::peace:

Rap, Rap
Its the craziest thing!
People making records
and they can't even sing!

Or play instruments whatsoever outside of a computer screen.

I acknowledge some skill involved with Rap music in memory and funny song writing but as far as musical talent they are lacking greatly. And it justs sounds like shit.

Back
Top Bottom