The Deep Water Culture Home

Hey alien8

Hope you are feeling better. The best method I found is if there is an article I am interested in, I print it out and save a copy for future reference. Fact is, I have printed out most if not all of Roseman's tutorials. But you make a good point.

Peace

Sam

Save paper and a tree by filing info on your computer every little bit helps.

Actually, I am still in the grow stage. I started February 15th from seed, so I am at 4 weeks. They are looking really bushy, so I moved the lights up for a little stretching until tomorrow. I did spray Home Defense on all the walls and carpeting in the grow closet tonight when I did the res change. I still can't believe the amount of roots that grew in the 8 days I was gone!!!!

I talked to the hydro store today and they don't have ONA in stock, they are working on getting some though, this store only very recently opened. I set up Roseman's odor control bucket tonight, with some odor neutralizer I purchased at KMart...within a matter of 3 minutes the skunk smell was gone completely with the fan on Low. =) Very happy about that. Going to order the ONA online tonight.

Sorry the above! that isn't me! I believe it is alien8's post, for me I like the smell and now have no need to hide the smell for now, when I up the amount of plants then will be the time, I've built may own carbin filters for my venting fan's an that seems to works good an just bought a new 4'" inline venting fan, couldn't help my self, should pull the heated air out of my 6'x6'x6' tent in 4 minutes, but I think I'm going to attach it to my lights an DIY cool tubes this weekend. those are the main source of heat 2 400watt hps.

Save paper and a tree by filing info on your computer every little bit helps.

Actually, I am still in the grow stage. I started February 15th from seed, so I am at 4 weeks. They are looking really bushy, so I moved the lights up for a little stretching until tomorrow. I did spray Home Defense on all the walls and carpeting in the grow closet tonight when I did the res change. I still can't believe the amount of roots that grew in the 8 days I was gone!!!!

I talked to the hydro store today and they don't have ONA in stock, they are working on getting some though, this store only very recently opened. I set up Roseman's odor control bucket tonight, with some odor neutralizer I purchased at KMart...within a matter of 3 minutes the skunk smell was gone completely with the fan on Low. =) Very happy about that. Going to order the ONA online tonight.

Sorry the above! that isn't me! I believe it is alien8's post, for me I like the smell and now have no need to hide the smell for now, when I up the amount of plants then will be the time, I've built may own carbin filters for my venting fan's an that seems to works good an just bought a new 4'" inline venting fan, couldn't help my self, should pull the heated air out of my 6'x6'x6' tent in 4 minutes, but I think I'm going to attach it to my lights an DIY cool tubes this weekend. those are the main source of heat 2 400watt hps.

That's an option, but computers crash. I like paper. Sorry, that's just me.

Peace

Sam

Received my 400 mh conversion bulb and AN nutes from HTG. Ordered Tuesday norning very early/delivered Noon on Thursday. Have it in the cool tube and plan a res change on Saturday. Going closet pro! LOL!

I have a 400watt cool tube with a duel ballast, so I am running a mh eye hortilux blue bulb and a homemade ghetto security light 150 watt hps, and 12 27 watt cfl's some 6000k some 2700k talk about halfway ghetto and halfway closet pro... :cheer: You are going to dig the AN nutes! PH heaven... Stable as a mofo! Nice score! two minutes to 420 gotta go... :roorrip:

I should post this in another thread I'm sure... but I thought you all might find this interesting. I've been using a 3" PVC coupler with a just a bit of 3" PVC pipe, with a 3" net cup, this would fit in the 3.5" SH bubbler hole I think...

Anyway, here it is...

collar.jpg

and in action with other 4" net cups in the same size hole.

closet_3_18.jpg

The advantage over just a 4" cup is it's much more stable, and you can bring the distribution lines above the tank top, which to me is much easier than checking them all the time to make sure they are not clogged with roots or something.

Let me know what you all think...

I have never heard of DO as required for plants just fish. I know that much over 100% and fish die. Gas bubble if I remember right. That has been a long time ago Butcher. But I'm just a bug man not a horticulturist so what do I know. I'm sure somebody has run across that info. :peace:

bug man? Whats that mean? You talking about insects?

I raise praying mantis and keep one for a friend and pet til winter arrives.

Hey man, np, thanks for the rep! always appreciated. If you dont mind me asking..what kind of system are you working on? Something similar to a CO2 system with a reader and controller to control the amount of O2?

Thats one of the articles that I quoted from...just never really understood the rules for non-sponsor linking so I decided to quote instead. That gadget sounds expensive!

I wasn't sure either, so I PMed him a link to a $32 DO tester.

I should post this in another thread I'm sure... but I thought you all might find this interesting. I've been using a 3" PVC coupler with a just a bit of 3" PVC pipe, with a 3" net cup, this would fit in the 3.5" SH bubbler hole I think...

Anyway, here it is...

collar.jpg

and in action with other 4" net cups in the same size hole.

closet_3_18.jpg

The advantage over just a 4" cup is it's much more stable, and you can bring the distribution lines above the tank top, which to me is much easier than checking them all the time to make sure they are not clogged with roots or something.

Let me know what you all think...

So you turn it into a DRIP? Looks good to me, especially the use of the pcv pipe for stablization.

Hey man, np, thanks for the rep! always appreciated. If you dont mind me asking..what kind of system are you working on? Something similar to a CO2 system with a reader and controller to control the amount of O2?

Well its a nft/pvc/ebb&flo system. I need to know the DO so that I can get the corect amount if DO within the PVC itself. Then I can work on the co2 inside the pvc. its funny you mentiuoned the co2 thing. I actually ordered some co2 tabs to see how they work. And to see how I can incorperate them into a a system. but as your study showed, the traspiration rate of co2 in the leafs stomata' doesnt increase w/ adjusted D.O levels. SO what I was thinking is what if I added co2 via roots along w/ a higher concentrate of D.O. But this is all in theory at the moment. Once Iget the actual system working perfectly, then Ican start to play with co2 levels in the roots.

Interesting Butcher. I saw those CO2 tablets on a seed site I visit and wondered how they would play into increased production. I just thought the co2 would be released from the water below and rise into the under growth and eventually to the canopy with some residuals in the res but obviously I didn't think it through.

Wasn't me Dr. Who. I don't use odor control. I never thought it smelled until today when someone told me they can smell it when they come in to my house. I said so I like it. I guess with the new grow I may have to make the bucket since I heard the ww smells a lot.

I just hope my babies are ok. I couldn't even go look at them today. I hope I am able tomorrow. I just keep taking pills and going back to sleep. It is so much easier that way since while sleeping I don't feel pain mentally or physically. I just woke up and won't be up for long. I figured I would check in.

As far as the index. Yes I agree with who said I wanted quick links. I hate to print for two reasons one wastes paper two since I am a pack rat I have everything digital so I can't collect more.

I will try to copy and paste on the puter but the same issue happens. I have so much shit I can't find it. I did bookmark the index.

Groover, No problem posting cannibis awareness and action info on this thread. Tell us more! Sounds like a party with a purpose to me.

I can only tell you about the one I'm gonna be at. Nimbin MardiGrass and Law Reform Rally. If you look into it a little there are marches all over the US on May 1st at 420pm. Here's a link with a list of cities EVERYONE should look at to find their nearest march.
Cures Not Wars Thanks MC:thumb::peace:

Back
Top Bottom