The Deep Water Culture Home

aqua culture ;)

Thanks social. There are several types and I noticed the one with the two outlets. There were some larger capacity ones there and wanted to make sure the one with the two outlets would handle 2 12" airstones. It really didn't say too much on the box.:smokin:

I may have given it away but even though I subscribe and claim (in my signature) to be a Deep Water Culture, I'm still just a dirt farmer!

According to this chart, (that I think we have all seen many times) the P (potassium) is absorbed at 5.8 to above 7 and the magnisum is absorbed at 5.8 and higher too. That tells me I have to get to 5.8 and higher for the P and mg to be absorbed. And it looks like the medium or average or good spot is keeping it at 5.8 to 6.1. I have two other pH charts for growing pot in hydro and they both say the same thing, to average 5.9 or 6.0 and to allow it to flucuate from 5.5 to 6.9 to allow ALL the nutes and minerals to be absorbed. I checked two of my favorite books, and they agreed, 5.6 to 6.4 seems to be what is mostly recommended to allow total absorbtion of all needed nutrients and minerals.

Thats my two cents worth.
In my orginal comment on the pH I was talking about P (phosphorus) K is Potassium. Small plants still use more P then what most growers give credit for even during veg. The post I was originally commenting on in which I said there was a pH issue that was probably locking P out a little can make a huge difference when most vegging nutes have just barely enough P to get by on. They usely buff up the P with flowering nutes but its a commen misconception that small to medium sized plants in veg do not require a pretty good amount P (phospurus) and that chart is very inaccurate it should be drawn on with crayola. I post a link to a pdf that had very exact nutrient availability for soiless mediums, hydro, and soil for non chelated nutrients but it was taken down. If the person that decide to take down the link was any sort of moderator they would have just re attached the pdf file so there would have been no need to have a url link. Since I do not have the ability to post an attachment (pdf) to one of my post as a moderator they could have download the file themselves and attached the actual file to my post instead of taken out my link to a pdf on pH. Anyway I am always available for question an answer sessions of any nature via PM so that my answers will not be censored. I meet someone on this forum a couple of days ago who was struggling and needed help and I drove 2 hours yesterday to take him seeds and some propagation equipment. I am on this forum to help people and if it means I need to do that solely thru PM to avoid censorship then I guess thats the route I will go.

P.S. Still love ya Roseman =) I can not even remember the person who ripped my info down was but I have had 3 posts butchered by moderators. So PM me for great advice on any subject.

Where's a good place to get the multi faceted manifold water pump?

HD has it in there water drip asile. They have the same exact brand that you got from SH and a different one which i didn't try. Don't buy any tubing from them. The tubing they sell is hard to be put underground so won't work well in the tank. I had to return it. Just get the tubes from a pet supply they are cheap. I am planning on not cleaning mine at all will toss and buy new ones each grow.

I am pretty sure you can get the tubes in bulk on line even cheaper.

Cafghanica sorry they did that to you. They from what I understand have strict rules. I didn't see anything in your posts that would be against the rules but then again I don't read rules.

Your post are long and give me a headache but I still read them cause they are sooooooooooo informative. I do fell like I am back in college though.

I hope you don't let that stop you from giving us good info.

Cafghanica sorry they did that to you. They from what I understand have strict rules. I didn't see anything in your posts that would be against the rules but then again I don't read rules.

Your post are long and give me a headache but I still read them cause they are sooooooooooo informative. I do fell like I am back in college though.

I hope you don't let that stop you from giving us good info.
Thanks a ton Alien and I will try to get that rambling thing undercontrol lol I am always afraid I will leave one little detail out and someone will nuke there garden and blame it on me lol so I try to be very detailed and sometimes just keeping typing uncontrolably =)

But really thank you I really appreciate the fact that you have powered through some of my answers for the applicable info that may help you now or in the future. +reps for not reading rules!

HD has it in there water drip asile. They have the same exact brand that you got from SH and a different one which i didn't try. Don't buy any tubing from them. The tubing they sell is hard to be put underground so won't work well in the tank. I had to return it. Just get the tubes from a pet supply they are cheap. I am planning on not cleaning mine at all will toss and buy new ones each grow.

I am pretty sure you can get the tubes in bulk on line even cheaper.

HD? Home Depot? What SH?:thanks:

In my orginal comment on the pH I was talking about P (phosphorus) K is Potassium. Small plants still use more P then what most growers give credit for even during veg. The post I was originally commenting on in which I said there was a pH issue that was probably locking P out a little can make a huge difference when most vegging nutes have just barely enough P to get by on. They usely buff up the P with flowering nutes but its a commen misconception that small to medium sized plants in veg do not require a pretty good amount P (phospurus) and that chart is very inaccurate it should be drawn on with crayola. I post a link to a pdf that had very exact nutrient availability for soiless mediums, hydro, and soil for non chelated nutrients but it was taken down. If the person that decide to take down the link was any sort of moderator they would have just re attached the pdf file so there would have been no need to have a url link. Since I do not have the ability to post an attachment (pdf) to one of my post as a moderator they could have download the file themselves and attached the actual file to my post instead of taken out my link to a pdf on pH. Anyway I am always available for question an answer sessions of any nature via PM so that my answers will not be censored. I meet someone on this forum a couple of days ago who was struggling and needed help and I drove 2 hours yesterday to take him seeds and some propagation equipment. I am on this forum to help people and if it means I need to do that solely thru PM to avoid censorship then I guess thats the route I will go.

P.S. Still love ya Roseman =) I can not even remember the person who ripped my info down was but I have had 3 posts butchered by moderators. So PM me for great advice on any subject.

Hang tuff, I'm grateful to have you here and contributing!
+reps for not getting discouraged

My DPX plants not the JC2 runts, started bleeding clear fluid out of the leaves... Not some leaves laying on each other just straight up out in the open leaves... When I touched the fluid and rubbed it in between my fingers it felt like a oil.. Then me and my bro tasted it, no taste a little smell... But got him a little F8cked up he said... Crazy shit! I was thinking holy crap how did water or some shit get on them, its gonna burn the leaves so I wiped it all off ... Went back 10 minutes later and the clear fluid all absorbed back into the plants...

This is a sealed room on a second story, one 6" intake one 10" exhaust... No moisture drips anywhere in the room??? WTF? Have any of you seen anything like this? I should have taken a pic but with 1000watts in there pics don't seem to come out... Everyone was accounted for at the time, so it was no joke by a friend... :peace::thanks:

Hey Mule,

Did you ever get an answer on that clear liquid on your leaves? I too have seen what looks like a drop of water on a leaf when I know for certain there was no contact with water. I assume it is just leaf sweat or something. I've never tasted it. Probably a natural plant thing.
Good luck with your grow!

Thanks social. There are several types and I noticed the one with the two outlets. There were some larger capacity ones there and wanted to make sure the one with the two outlets would handle 2 12" airstones. It really didn't say too much on the box.:smokin:

thats the 1 bro 2 outlets about 10 bucks;)

Here is my link I finally got around to on how to make a bio reactor to save money on buying beneficials like Tarantula,Piranha,VoodooJuice as well as saving money on enzyme products.

How to make a AN beneficials bio reactor

Any questions just address them on that thread I guess so I dont have this thread flooded with questions about that. Thanks guys.

Deep Water Culture, a bubble PC grower needs your help!

PC Stealth Grow
Just wanted to let ya know I'll get ya some of that info today for sure, I got a few things to do and I'll PM it to ya later. Just give me a few hours.

No problem, thanks (I assume you refer to the PM)

Deep Water Culture the PC grower that needs help isn't me, please check out the link if you think you can help.

No problem, thanks (I assume you refer to the PM)

Deep Water Culture the PC grower that needs help isn't me, please check out the link if you think you can help.
ook np yeah i was talking about the PM, and I'll check it out see what I think in just a bit I am stepping away from the computer for a few hours. And check out that bio reactor thread I remember a few people in the BH thread wanted me to post it up.

Back
Top Bottom