The Deep Water Culture Home

And Garden, you're just all over the place spreading your knowledge far and wide, the two of you have been great additions to the Deep Water Culture, makes me proud to call myself a Deep Water Culture too. Thanks for all your contributions.

Everything I know, I learned here. (and I am still learning) I'm the thankful one. Wish I could do a mass +reps to all the Deep Water Culture.

Thanx FPF for the recognition but to be honest im with green on this one, all the knowledge im spreading is what i have contained from all of you so thanks once again Deep Water Culture

im keepin temp down by frozen ziploc baggies ,but ill need a sub when the roots grow,thanks for the info

I use a regular size water bottle filled with water and freeze in and i have 4 in the freezer so i just recycle out so water temp stays the same in the day. So i guess what im getting at my friend is i dont think using zip lock baggies is the best idea cause wat if it open or a lil hole pops in it, plus if it not pH'd water then that can eve play a part with some troubles later on with burnage. Just an opinion friend

got like 5 ft of height space so i guess when my plants are like 2.5 ft i'll switch .. right now just waiting for seeds to crack (they r in the paper towel method been just 1 day ) n also my neighbor so i can borrow his drill and make the 4 inch exhaust

I'd start thinking when they hit 2', as Green and GG mentioned, they may go more than that. And great about getting the venting in, you'll definitely want that, without you will run into trouble.

Another consideration about size is the room they have to spread out too. you're planning to do 2 plants with one more just in case. I'd consider all three to start, the chances are pretty good at least one will be male, probably two if you are ol hippy (sorry, had to throw that one in ol hippy). If they are too crammed in the closet they won't produce near as much as if they had room to grow. They need to spread out too.

My first grow I did 6 plants in a 2.5' x 4' space, a bit of a joke really. They plants thrived, I got some nice buds, but not that much. Second grow I did three plants in the same space and got more than double the weed, not to mention that monster cola off the NL. Check out Nug of the Month for April for my nug pics, the damn thing weighed 259 grams (9.25 oz) when first chopped, it dried to 73.5 grams (2.625 oz.).

I'll never cram plants into a space that tight again.

I use a regular size water bottle filled with water and freeze in and i have 4 in the freezer so i just recycle out so water temp stays the same in the day. So i guess what im getting at my friend is i dont think using zip lock baggies is the best idea cause wat if it open or a lil hole pops in it, plus if it not pH'd water then that can eve play a part with some troubles later on with burnage. Just an opinion friend
its a good opinion,im using bottles already but the baggies brought the temp down from 70 to 64 in like 5 min (today is the first day i used the baggies) but ill just stick with the bottles and pack the baggies around the res for insulation(good idea or bad?)thanks for the advice

happy to say i passed my swab test. The first one said i tested positive for pcp opium and coke...lol i just didnt get it wet with saliva enough so it didnt read well. But the second one was clean as a whistle. I guess my 92hour break was a good idea. Start monday, now medicated. Life is good.

Miller I don't have a good listener because of this I became mentally ill as well and lost all my friends. I did everything for my friends, tis the way I am, but when I needed them especially to understand the depression and bitchiness they couldn't. They wanted the old joking around me. Since they couldn't have that and couldn't understand what was going on they slipped away. I choose now to have online friends that come and go. My one or two old friends that are still left have trouble cause I am not the same person. I go in and out of deep dark places as I call them for weeks at a time.

I did the whole antidepressant crap and had to go through withdrawal cold turkey twice. That wasn't fun. Suicide was a big side effect for me even though docs said I was too old for that side effect. What do docs know. I am suicidal through this to begin with and pot helps that a lot. If I take antidepressant pills I have zero control.

As much as your friends say they understand what they really say is get over it. This is not an option I have to deal with all the challenges everyday so there is nothing to get over it is my life. Gee I get pissed when I have no water and everyone went to sleep without giving me any. Now I have to make a choice is it worth getting it. Most of the time I don't.

I am proud of myself for being in better shape then I could have been if I gave in to all of this but some days you just give up for a bit. It is like being on a roller coaster. Sometimes you are up and sometimes you are down and think it will never end. That is the mental part of this crap. I am still trying to figure out which is worse the mental or the physical and have been leaning towards the mental. This is because every time you have a physical challenge it goes right to mental and does a number on your head.

Sorry to bore you with all this but now you have some type of background.

This is one of my most favorite blues songs to play on the guitar, I play the Eric Clapton version:

Nobody loves ya

Once I lived the life of a millionaire,
Spent all my money, I just did not care.
Took all my friends out for a good time,
Bought bootleg whisky, champagne and wine.

Then I began to fall so low,
Lost all my good friends, I did not have nowhere to go.
I get my hands on a dollar again,
I'm gonna hang on to it till that eagle grins.

'Cause no, no, nobody knows you
When you're down and out.
In your pocket, not one penny,
And as for friends, you don't have any.

When you finally get back up on your feet again,
Everybody wants to be your old long-lost friend.
Said it's mighty strange, without a doubt,
Nobody knows you when you're down and out.

When you finally get back upon your feet again,
Everybody wants to be your good old long-lost friend.
Said it's mighty strange,
Nobody knows you,
Nobody knows you,
Nobody knows you when you're down and out.

I believe it was MC who told me to figure 2-1/2 times ht in flower.
So 20" at veg = 45" at harvest.

i just wasn't expecting that much growth not that quick nothing i've grown in pots has gone that fast i expected the height just not that bushy(i love bubbles) next time i'll flower a little bit sooner :roorrip: peace

I'd start thinking when they hit 2', as Green and GG mentioned, they may go more than that. And great about getting the venting in, you'll definitely want that, without you will run into trouble.

Another consideration about size is the room they have to spread out too. you're planning to do 2 plants with one more just in case. I'd consider all three to start, the chances are pretty good at least one will be male, probably two if you are ol hippy (sorry, had to throw that one in ol hippy). If they are too crammed in the closet they won't produce near as much as if they had room to grow. They need to spread out too.

My first grow I did 6 plants in a 2.5' x 4' space, a bit of a joke really. They plants thrived, I got some nice buds, but not that much. Second grow I did three plants in the same space and got more than double the weed, not to mention that monster cola off the NL. Check out Nug of the Month for April for my nug pics, the damn thing weighed 259 grams (9.25 oz) when first chopped, it dried to 73.5 grams (2.625 oz.).

I'll never cram plants into a space that tight again.

what if i turn the Deep Water Culture side ways .. wouldnt that give it alot of space ?

Deep Water Culture_setup.jpg

In my opinion i think they goin be a lil cramped in there but i guess it also depends on strain and how much it wants to grow also you can think about doin 2 5 gal buckets and you can spread em apart so one doesnt shadow the other

what if i turn the Deep Water Culture side ways .. wouldnt that give it alot of space?

That would help you out. You closet is what, 2' x 5'? That's plenty of room for some good plants, but still not many. So, yes, the way you have it now is pushed into the end and I feel it will help you to move it out a little.

As GG said, 5- 5 gallon buckets would allow you to separate them. But that's probably only necessary if your plants are very different sizes, right GG, learned from experience didn't you. But if they are similar in size this should be no problem. My only problem with two buckets is then you are dealing with two res, more work.

what if i turn the Deep Water Culture side ways .. wouldnt that give it alot of space?

That would help you out. You closet is what, 2' x 5'? That's plenty of room for some good plants, but still not many. So, yes, the way you have it now is pushed into the end and I feel it will help you to move it out a little.

As GG said, 5- 5 gallon buckets would allow you to separate them. But that's probably only necessary if your plants are very different sizes, right GG, learned from experience didn't you. But if they are similar in size this should be no problem. My only problem with two buckets is then you are dealing with two res, more work.

Yeah id say if you have smaller plants you should be ok but with mine i definatley needed the other bucket and the two res changes arent to bad but like you said a lil extra work but not much.

Those Bp res can be a bitch towards the end really.

You said it my friend specially as tall as my girl is its a pain tryin to change res since i dont have a res drainage on my buckets but oh well its worth it in the end if you ask me.

Yes Fry more work but easier to do with an handy empty 5 gal bucket.

I'd say the only problem I had with the bucket was leaving for the weekend. I had those two SD's in there and they would drink about 2/3 - 3/4 gallon a day. When I'd leave for the weekend I'd over fill the bucket so it had maybe 4 gallons in it. So if I left Friday and came back Monday, which I do a lot, it could be down to as little as 1 1/2 gallon, pretty darn low. I never had any problems, but I didn't like how low it was.

Now if you only had one plant in a bucket it would be a different story.

Yeah that what i had had left for about 4 days and my two were fine but that because like you said they had thier own buckets i filled em up and they was fine when i got back

Back
Top Bottom