The Deep Water Culture Home

Have none was just talking in general. If someone has a good idea or gives you help they imo should be repped. I rep people who spend timing helping others and I also rep every new member of this thread or welcome reps. This is the way I do it but others do it they way they want to.

As a few mentioned yesterday sometimes you can't give reps so you just say +reps in the thread as an acknowledgment and owe it to them.

Hello my friends,

I wanted to explain the journal relocation philosophy.

We're trying to help finish the integration of the Deep Water Culture with the rest of the site.

At present every journal is run in the JIP forum; except the Deep Water Culture journals. We felt this was kinda like that wall they used to have between East and West Germany ;)

So we talked about it and decided to move forward with moving all the journals to the same forum.

Then we (the staff) may have missed sending some of the growers a Private Message with our courtesy advisory that explains why and where we moved the journal. We apologize for this oversight ;)

There are no other changes in the works - just the journals. I know my good friend Roseman linked to a thread a little earlier and there was discussion there that may have proposed or inferred that more was in the works. We sampled the opinions of some of the more active Deep Water Culture as well as the leadership and agreed that no other changes would be made.

We do ask for your support in this journal move decision and we beg your understanding for any lack of communication.

Hope all my friends here have a great green night and a smokey weekend :thumb:

I'm hearing some talk about grow tents. I used one once and that was enough, I don't like them. Even with an air cooled hood temps shot up to 102 F, Oh my word they are gonna fry. I cracked the window in the middle of winter, oops I forgot to close the window before falling asleep. Morning temps 30 F. I'm not gonna use it again. Maybe for a CFL grow, I always use CFLs for veg and HPS for flower. 1000 watt HPS is to dang hot for a tent. Now I'm back to what I know works good for me, 600 watt HPS in the corner of a room.
By the way I have 3-5 weeks left before harvest and no weed so I bought an ounce of commercial for 100 dollars. I wish these commercial growers would take some pride in their product. So full of seeds and it's compacted so all the seeds are crushed and flat. 10 minutes of cleaning weed for one bowls worth, stupid.
Just wanted to share my experience with a tent and also vent/complain about the quality of the shwag around here.

HELP I know things been hectic and all but i need help i came home today and when i came back to turn the lights down and i seen all my leaves almost dead and drooping bad when i opened the lid it was all white and foamy with lots of bubbles what does that mean please

HELP I know things been hectic and all but i need help i came home today and when i came back to turn the lights down and i seen all my leaves almost dead and drooping bad when i opened the lid it was all white and foamy with lots of bubbles what does that mean please

not sure,,some one was talking about this the other day,,what kind of nutes are you using,,

side note i made a piece of the light stand ,it isent done but thats all i had at the time
HNI_00771.JPG
HNI_0079.JPG
HNI_0083.JPG

...Green I missed ya last night...

lol, thanks alien8! Unfortunately I can't dedicate more than 3-4hrs a day on 420. I should be starting a journal soon. Got stopped mid-stream a little while back but almost have everything sorted out now so won't be much longer. Once that takes hold it might be difficult to keep up all the subscriptions I have as I will be dedicating time to my grow. But I will always take whatever time is necessary to keep up with this thread, you can count on that.

hey all just stopped by and was checking out those pics.. awesome to see nice bud like that .. I am going fan shopping today , kinda scary wish i knew what the norm was. I got this tent all set up and need some ventilation for the cfls. cant wait to get it going. anyone with a tent in use 4x4x7 and could shed some light it would be wonderful.

I've got a Vortex 6" fan on order, 400+ cfm. A few dollars more than some of the competitors but friends here on 420 tell me it is very well built and runs quieter than some of the other brands. (which is very important to me) It is completely speed controllable. And as MC once told me, running a bigger fan than you need and slowing it down makes it even quieter.

To calculate how much cfm you need, figure the cubic feet of your tent, add approx 20% for flexible ducting, 20% for each elbow, and 50% for a 180, and about 20% for a carbon filter. That will give you the approx cfm needed to exchange the air every minute. If you do not need to take heat into the equation, then figure that you want to exchange the air once every 3-5 minutes for CO2 exchange. Like I said those are approximations. You'd have to goggle ducting runs to get more accurate. Personally I would rather have a bigger fan and slow it down. Hope that helps some.

man i just dont get this whole forum deal. maybe im retarded or something. I thought they might work like instant messaging someone if they are on the thread. what the heck am i doing wrong

It is not like instant messaging. When you post it goes to the bottom of the last page. Then you have to wait for someone to read that post and hopefully respond.

Hey RedDawg, glad to meet you. Sorry I haven't been responding much, a bit occupied today, and to be honest I'm still a bit occupied breaking in this sweet new glass pipe I bought today. I was good, only spent $40, but I was doing a little celbrating and I saw this one in there Wed when I dropped off the samples. It's way cool, long arched stem, makes me think of the type of pipe a Hobbit would use.

And I have goal for tonight. You see two weeks ago I got some kief all cleaned up, but my problem is I made waaaayyyyy too much and I still have a lot left! Damn, it's only going to go bad! So I've sworn to clean up all that old kief tonight, and trust me, there's a bunch left. And considering the wine I picked up on the way home, I may sleep in tomorrow.

I would love a Hobbits pipe!

Sounds like a plan, and as Roseman likes to say, "fail to plan, then plan to fail"
Enough time has lapsed since your post, so I figure you're probably succeeding by now!

Back
Top Bottom