The Deep Water Culture Home

M that really sucks. Scary state that AZ. At least they didn't show up at anybodies house to arrest. They just took them and planted them for there own use. Stop buying seeds the cops like get the shit they don't like:rofl:

LOL I am not in AZ though. So idk wat the deal is many ppl say it does take quite long even though it is first class. Need to ship via DHL or something and avoid the regular mail stealth or no stealth.:blunt:

Burple, Where are you getting your water ? Tap water can be a real pain in the ass ! If thats what your using try distilled water ! I had the same problem before I started using distilled water . my tap water ppm was 580 which really screwed up the ph . I've been using bottled water since and my ph problem is gone ....

Barto, I forgot what kind of water you are using but if it is sink water try bottled. In the winter I had bad ph problems because of rain when using sink water.

Now I am growing veggies and it is way harder then weed omg it is a pain. I think I am either going to replant them or just toss them. They all grew fine first two weeks now are dying for no reason. Well I am sure there is a reason but hell if I know.

I am using sink water since I really don't care and the Ph is also a bit wild but as far as I knew veggies can take higher ph. I guess I did learn that only bottled water for weed will work.

Burple, Where are you getting your water ? Tap water can be a real pain in the ass ! If thats what your using try distilled water ! I had the same problem before I started using distilled water . my tap water ppm was 580 which really screwed up the ph . I've been using bottled water since and my ph problem is gone ....

I am using tap water.
I started my grow with distilled water and I was having PH problems.
Maybe now that the pump and lines (not to mention the dead gnat) are out of the res, maybe I'll try going back to distilled, but it's gonna kill me since I need at least 18 gallons a week (6 for the res change, and 2 chilled gallons a day). :yikes:
The whole idea of growing it was so I didn't have to buy it, and so far I have spent enough that I probably could have paid for it until the end of the year.

Thanks for answering! :thanks:

I am using tap water.
Maybe now that the pump and lines (not to mention the dead gnat) are out of the res, maybe I'll try going back to distilled, but it's gonna kill me since I need at least 18 gallons a week (6 for the res change, and 2 chilled gallons a day). :yikes:
The whole idea of growing it was so I didn't have to buy it, and so far I have spent enough that I probably could have paid for it until the end of the year.

Hey burple,
I understand how you are feeling about your grow, but trust me you will save money in the long run and your smoke will be much better, not just because of the way you are growing but because you grew it!! Yes it costs quite a bit to set up and grow, just to come across a problem with your grow but that is part of the satisfaction of enjoying your own product. I started and threw out my very first crop, because I didn't know what I was doing, then I found this site and my grow showed the differance. I learned not to micro-manage, weed is very resiliant (depending on the strain), most important I am learning how to read my plants they will tell you everything that you need to do, you just have to learn their language. It will come to you. :hookah:

Man I love Queen
Nice buds everyone, I got a nice surprise this afternoon. This morning I checked out my 2 girls, buds looking nice and hairy and growing nicely. I checked them out about 4 hours later, lo and behold the buds have developed crystals and trichs are popping on the leaves!!!! I'm so freakin excited. :thumb:

Still no word from Roseman? I'm missing his input.....

Hey burple,
I understand how you are feeling about your grow, but trust me you will save money in the long run and your smoke will be much better, not just because of the way you are growing but because you grew it!! Yes it costs quite a bit to set up and grow, just to come across a problem with your grow but that is part of the satisfaction of enjoying your own product. I started and threw out my very first crop, because I didn't know what I was doing, then I found this site and my grow showed the difference. I learned not to micro-manage, weed is very resilient (depending on the strain), most important I am learning how to read my plants they will tell you everything that you need to do, you just have to learn their language. It will come to you. :hookah:

Thanks for the encouragement Guido! :)
I've been sick for the past week and a half so my patience isn't what it normally is and I'm really getting annoyed that I'm having so many problems with my plants.
All the work I'm doing trying to grow these plants is causing me more pain which in turn makes me need more meds.
If I could afford it I would keep buying it and not be bothered with all of this work and stress.

To quote Bruce Willis in "The Fifth Element":
"I only speak two languages: English and bad English!" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Burple, Don't forget once you get your setup going and all the bugs worked out you won't need to put much more money into it , but will be producing buds month after month ! So don't give up just take a bong hit and relax.... I've been out of work for a good part of the year so I know how you feel I've got a lot of time and money invested too, and thought about how much weed I could have bought with it , but soon my friend I will be harvesting again and be back in the weed ! I hate having to drive 50 miles each way to the dispensary to give them my money for their over priced weed ! :peace: Hope your feeling better soon... before you know it you'll be smoking that great home grown again !!

Probably writing another tutorial !! His are the best here !! Well its fast approaching 420 time to whip out the bong !!

Has anyone ever had a screw up from Stealth Hydro?

I received my kit today and I am missing my order of Rockwool, plus the 4 cubes that come with the Growers Choice Kit. My Ona Gel also blew up all over everything in the box... The Hydroton is in a plain ziplock baggie, and my PH Up and Down are in Plain Ziplock Baggies, not tubs. I tried calling them, but they are closed. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any issues with orders??

I am using tap water.

i had problems with my well water invested in a portable RO system avaiable on e-bay for about $65 makes a 1000gl . No PH problems and the TDS=10ppm
IMG_000219.JPG
IMG_000118.JPG

:thumb:
Has anyone ever had a screw up from Stealth Hydro?

I received my kit today and I am missing my order of Rockwool, plus the 4 cubes that come with the Growers Choice Kit. My Ona Gel also blew up all over everything in the box... The Hydroton is in a plain ziplock baggie, and my PH Up and Down are in Plain Ziplock Baggies, not tubs. I tried calling them, but they are closed. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any issues with orders??

Hey Bro,
I got my kit from them, their Customer Service is right on. I recieved a damaged reflector, called and they sent one out to me immediately, never questioned me, he apologized and replaced. I have placed a couple of orders with them and have not had any problems.

:thumb:

Hey Bro,
I got my kit from them, their Customer Service is right on. I recieved a damaged reflector, called and they sent one out to me immediately, never questioned me, he apologized and replaced. I have placed a couple of orders with them and have not had any problems.

It's Sis, (I'm a girl) but it's all good. Thanks for the quick response!

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can replace the blown up Ona gel, and send me out my Rockwool that I ordered with the kit. It's going to suck for them to have to send out a small package of Rockwool.

I'm just a little disappointed with the way it came I guess. Blown up ona gel over everything in the box. Dented reflectors, PH up and down in Baggies instead of tubs. Hopefully they make it right.

i had problems with my well water invested in a portable RO system avaiable on e-bay for about $65 makes a 1000gl . No PH problems and the TDS=10ppm]

anything up to 50 ppm is fine most of the time.. The great thing about your system is that it will maintain ~10-20 for a long time.. good purchase man.

BTW, what was the PPM on your well water. I have heard it can be higher than 500ppm

burple,
I had a similar situation midway thru my first grow, CRAZY daily PH swings, no rhyme or reason that I could ever prove.
my theory was:
old nutes and PH up/down product from a different company
I set all my old stuff on a shelf, bought brand new nutes and PH up & down, all from the same company... problem solved!
does this prove my theory? no... but it worked

good luck!

I'm harvesting this weekend and all the old stuff is going to the dump (I think)

Hey gang I'm back again, and still sick as a dog.
The bigger problem is my babies are too!

I have done everything I can possibly think of, but I can not get the PH under control.
I have done res changes where I made up 6 separate gallons of nuted and PH'd water, put them in the tank only to see the PH fluctuate wildly.
The other day I checked my PH and it was 4.8!
I added a little PH up, waited 20 minutes and was getting a steady 6.2.
I again checked it about 3 hours later and it was at 7.9!
There are no light leaks, yet my water is cloudy and I'm getting brown places on my roots.
I have been adding hydrogen peroxide (1 tablespoon per gallon) and it doesn't seem to help.
To deal with the heat issues, I have been removing 2 gallons from the res everyday and replacing with 2 gallons of fresh nuted PH balanced water, and then at night I put ice packs around the res to keep it cool.

I really don't know what else to do and now because of the PH problems, I am getting what looks to be nutrient lock out (going by the pics in the problems thread), I have rusty spotty leaves and the others that don't are dull and drooping down.

I'm getting really frustrated and this Sunday is 4 weeks vegging and the tallest plant is only 6 inches above the top of the res.

I'm going to try to get some pics tonight, but if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears, since I am at my wits end! :loopy:

:thanks:

burple,
I had a similar situation midway thru my first grow, CRAZY daily PH swings, no rhyme or reason that I could ever prove.
my theory was:
old nutes and PH up/down product from a different company
I set all my old stuff on a shelf, bought brand new nutes and PH up & down, all from the same company... problem solved!
does this prove my theory? no... but it worked

good luck!

I'm harvesting this weekend and all the old stuff is going to the dump (I think)

The PH varies because the plant fluctuates its nutes usage threw the day. Hard water(200+ppm water) or bad nutes can cause this. try to get PH stabilized nutes the General Hydropnics Flora/Nova nutes

BTW, Good luck on the harvest!

Back
Top Bottom