The Deep Water Culture Home

What are the cups for and the rags?
The pump has been out.
The airpump is not near the tank but is cool to the touch anyhow. I checked as MC had the issue if it was blowing hot air and it isn't.
I checked the temp on the tank today and it was 80 same as room temp. It got cool out today.
I have an oscilatin fan but not sure it is in the right spot. I will have to check your journel to see the placement again.
Should I place the water in the fridge? It is cool but not sure how cool I leave it in the garage but that will get hot real soon as well.

Now the 12/12 can I switch it from day to night and if so how? I was thinking of doing that but I am not sure what to do. I need to leave the door open if the lights are on to keep the room cooler but it will shine in my face while I try to sleep. I don't sleep much but a few hours would be nice. I am very willing to give up sleep for my meds so if i can switch the timing just tell me how. Can I do less the 12 hours on to make less heat? Just a thought.

Cups and rags are to increase the humidity.

Is you tank raised off the floor? you want to have the fan blowing on the res itself with it raised slightly off the floor so that the ventilation get under and around the res. Water in the fridge is not a bad idea considering your res temps. At least do it for your add water.

To switch from day to night give them a double shift of darkness. Have to make sure your space is light tight before you go dark during the daytime.

Agreed! lol
Im gonna try to post my first pic :) can you guys see the heart in the center?
rsz_heartbudjpg.jpg

nice pic that heart is cool:Rasta:

thanks mc the tank is on the floor of a cabinet. I can go get free scrap wood from hd or lowes and put it under to lift it.

Why would I want my humidity higher I thought 40% was good for flowering.

I am not sure I can make it dark in the day I may have to sew something to slide on the bottom of the door and put weather stripping as well.

All I can do is the best I can.

I will see what I can do tomorrow with the door. I am going to lowes tomorrow so will see what they have. I was going to buy one of those draft blockers from like drake or those other magazines that have all that cool stuff you don't need. That should help the bottom of the door but would have to order it. I was thinking of using beans in a stocking which should work just as well except for the sliding on the bottom which hits both sides of the door. I may be able to doo hicky it.

Love the heart kissme

Hey gal, been missing you, but I have not been around much either. I give myself half an hour on this thread and then I have to get to work.

Very sorry to hear of all your troubles friend. Not spending very much time here myself. Hopefully very soon....
:slide::slide:

thanks mc the tank is on the floor of a cabinet. I can go get free scrap wood from hd or lowes and put it under to lift it.

Why would I want my humidity higher I thought 40% was good for flowering.

I am not sure I can make it dark in the day I may have to sew something to slide on the bottom of the door and put weather stripping as well.

All I can do is the best I can.

I will see what I can do tomorrow with the door. I am going to lowes tomorrow so will see what they have. I was going to buy one of those draft blockers from like drake or those other magazines that have all that cool stuff you don't need. That should help the bottom of the door but would have to order it. I was thinking of using beans in a stocking which should work just as well except for the sliding on the bottom which hits both sides of the door. I may be able to doo hicky it.

Love the heart kissme

In this high tech world I am always amazed at how little we understand about the natural world and how we can use the natural world to help solve our high tech problems. By adding humidity to the top of your res. evaporation will happen. Evaporation produces cooling. The ancient Egyptians knew this, our high school teachers not so much. It is the same principal that make swamp coolers work well in desert areas.:420:

What are the cups for and the rags?
Adding Moisture (Humidity) to the grow area will help cool it and increase Humidity some.

I checked the temp on the tank today and it was 80 same as room temp. It got cool out today.
If the water is 80 degrees, you will have root root, (pythium) before the week is over.
I have an oscilatin fan but not sure it is in the right spot. I will have to check your journel to see the placement again.
An oscilating fan can blow on the plants and tank.
Should I place the water in the fridge? It is cool but not sure how cool I leave it in the garage but that will get hot real soon as well.
I'd suggest water between 60 to 70 to bring down the 80 degree tank water.

Now the 12/12 can I switch it from day to night and if so how?
Not wise to change now but do the Dark Period twice, or 24 hrs of dark..
I was thinking of doing that but I am not sure what to do. I need to leave the door open if the lights are on to keep the room cooler but it will shine in my face while I try to sleep. I don't sleep much but a few hours would be nice. I am very willing to give up sleep for my meds so if i can switch the timing just tell me how. Can I do less the 12 hours on to make less heat? Just a thought.

You might try drilling some holes in the reflectors to allow heat to escape..

Every grow I've done, me and my wife get bad allergy symptoms from the flowering plants. I know we could never sleep int he smae room with the plants.

It would not be a good idea to change the Light Cycle now, but it can be done if you Double the Dark period..

GG mine that has no buds but is certainly female and is also ww. I guess it depends where you get the seeds from. The other plant has big buds.

Yeah i cant waite till i get a sex out of this plant here it is 9.5 weeks from seed and a week and a half into flower and i just cant tell whats goin on but, if i had to guess i think she is a female and i also think shes probably going to be a long flowerer (if thats a word lol).

Agreed! lol
Im gonna try to post my first pic :) can you guys see the heart in the center?
rsz_heartbudjpg.jpg

Simply beautiful! LOL i think that is a definate sign she is goin to treat you with love good job on the grow i can only hope i get half as good lookin buds as that. :goodjob:

40% is good for flowering but that res temp has to come down. Try to wood blocks and some added air for a start. Got to get it light tight before a day lights off. It has to be as dark as it is with a full moon.

So im probably sittin fine with my humidity levels fluctuating from 26-33 and room temp from 66-75 pendin on weather snowed last night so been a lil cold in the mornings but thats ok in flower rite? Res temp doesnt and hasnt been over 71 but normally at about 67 or maybe a lil cooler

Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed it.

Fry- Ill take the good Karma! a girl needs all she can get lol

Roseman- TY! I have you all to thank for how good it looks :) Ive read and followed all of your tutorials for my bubble grow..ty ty ty!

Spy- i cant wait! this is my first attempt ever at growing and im sure I'll never want to go back to commercial crap :) (i get mostly crap where i am )

Garden- ty for the kind words :) if i can do it so can you ! the info all the Deep Water Culture have posted has been invaluable to me :) your in great hands with them helping

I only have 24 hours to go and its worse than waiting for christmas morning! wish me luck lol

Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed it.

Fry- Ill take the good Karma! a girl needs all she can get lol

Roseman- TY! I have you all to thank for how good it looks :) Ive read and followed all of your tutorials for my bubble grow..ty ty ty!

Spy- i cant wait! this is my first attempt ever at growing and im sure I'll never want to go back to commercial crap :) (i get mostly crap where i am )

Garden- ty for the kind words :) if i can do it so can you ! the info all the Deep Water Culture have posted has been invaluable to me :) your in great hands with them helping

I only have 24 hours to go and its worse than waiting for christmas morning! wish me luck lol

Yeah i honestly have to say i have these guys/gals to thank for my plant they couldnt help that my other one turned male on me lol i hate that it did that to me. Yeah i get mostly crap (brick bud) i hate brick more than any but will still smoke it lol. Plus who wants to pay 120 a frickin 1/4 anymore luckily when i go to PHX i get an awsome deal from my wifes cousin.
"and its worse than waiting for christmas morning!" I love it i cant waite till i can feel that same anxioty lol. Just sit back :popcorn: and enjoy your last day of flower you definately desserve it with the love your plant is showin towards you.:goodjob:

Oh and green007 ty for the welcome to the site! I cant respond back yet as I dont have enough posts lol but I'm working on that :)

* is there a place to learn all the smily icons ? i have looked but havent found them - you all post the coolest ones lol

Lol li learned by goin as if your goin to add someone elses quote in your reply like i just did with yours and click the smily icon and it will show all the diff ones and how to make em

Back
Top Bottom