The Dissent

Aren't the LEC315 DE MH?

Hey Vum, nope two different monsters. The lec 315 runs a philips agro elite lamp at 315 watts. The lamp runs by nature vertical but they do sell fixtures that the lamp runs horizontal , there's spectrum shift of 600k if I remember right, which would make a 3100k lamp(run vertical) run at 3700k or so(horizontal).
The DE runs horizontal but takes a ballast that operates at 100+ khz. its based on the same principle and hardware as a single ended hps but the advantages are there with DE. I haven't even got this thing ducted and I have faith in it. I haven't even switched it on.
That's coming soon though. I've just got so much work to do and no desire to do it but I suppose that will have to change.

My waterfarms were always running too hot so I also switched to Igloos in an attempt to keep the temps down.... Started with a 12" basket lid first, then down sized to an 8" basket, and kept the drip ring... Changed the plumbing so the drip ring circulates the water from the reservoir as it pumps water on the hydroton... No electric pumps in the reservoir.. I only do one plant, one igloo, one light, one reservoir.... Using a 5 gal Igloo for each plants reservoir... A perpetual grow with a monthly 1 plant harvest... A new setup will start every 4-5 weeks... I'll be using frozen 2 liter water bottles this summer in the reservoirs.... If that fails I'll find the money for a chiller.... Was going to buy more LEDs, but have since decided that for me, the LEC 315 is the best buy for the money...
I'll be ordering 2 ss315s the end of the month... Don't you just love Paypals, no interest, no payment for 6 mos...:slide:

My waterfarms were always running too hot so I also switched to Igloos in an attempt to keep the temps down.... Started with a 12" basket lid first, then down sized to an 8" basket, and kept the drip ring... Changed the plumbing so the drip ring circulates the water from the reservoir as it pumps water on the hydroton... No electric pumps in the reservoir.. I only do one plant, one igloo, one light, one reservoir.... Using a 5 gal Igloo for each plants reservoir... A perpetual grow with a monthly 1 plant harvest... A new setup will start every 4-5 weeks... I'll be using frozen 2 liter water bottles this summer in the reservoirs.... If that fails I'll find the money for a chiller.... Was going to buy more LEDs, but have since decided that for me, the LEC 315 is the best buy for the money...
I'll be ordering 2 ss315s the end of the month... Don't you just love Paypals, no interest, no payment for 6 mos...:slide:
Are you using the team water coolers?
Someone here gave me design for individual screens over each cooler. Was gonna copy @agent dank design but with these water jugs design is def simplfied.

Not sure what you mean by team water coolers? I started with regular waterfarms and the Scottyballs thread... The man should be made a Saint for that scrog screen tutorial alone.... For those unfamiliar with Scottyballs, Google "Scottyballs pineapple express seed to finish".
Came up with the pvc scrog screen a few years back after I started with waterfarms.... Needed to move them from Veg to flower after they were in the screen.... It was so simple to it add to the igloos... I'm amazed at how strong the handles are... I'm definitely pimping the Igloos as waterfarms.....

0022313.JPG
Not sure what you mean by team water coolers? I started with regular waterfarms and the Scottyballs thread... The man should be made a Saint for that scrog screen tutorial alone.... For those unfamiliar with Scottyballs, Google "Scottyballs pineapple express seed to finish".
Came up with the pvc scrog screen a few years back after I started with waterfarms.... Needed to move them from Veg to flower after they were in the screen.... It was so simple to it add to the igloos... I'm amazed at how strong the handles are... I'm definitely pimping the Igloos as waterfarms.....

Team water coolers. Just the 5 gallon coolers.
We must be talking about the same thing. It may have been yours that I saw.
There were two connected and the screen was supported by a pvc tee wrapped with some sort of wire or string to the handles. I'd like to go with some ten gallon ones since roots go nuts and pretty much fills the 5 gallon ones.

I posted some of these pics on riu a few years ago.... Don't go there so much any more.... The two connected igloos were my first attempt with igloos.... They're in my sig thread.. I keep changing them, I hope for the better....

That's the most mismanaged forum I have ever seen. I just recently left there and I won't be going back.
It's a horrible forum, such a shame since I did have a few friends there. Some have joined here but they probably have a more difficult time leaving. Me being who I am and treating other how they treat me.....well, I got my hand spanked over at that horrid forum when I decided to stand up to punks high up.

Yeah DB I'm working my way over here no worries <3

Getting around here rather slowly vum. Down with the sickness today. Should have some news for you shortly though.
Its a transition going from one forum to the next but I think I'll stick around here. Porkroast and unclebunk can keep their commie forum.

0051976.JPG
0042097.JPG
0032233.JPG
0022336.JPG
0012386.JPG
Coming along slowly but surely. Think I hit them with too much light too early.
Didn't realize the Onyx grow was as intense as it is.

Looking top notch friend! Super clean system:adore:

Thanks friend. I've been off my game a bit lately but I'm hoping for a great comeback.
I'll be doing some side by sides with this current group of strains. Gonna try to a couple of each strains under 3 forms of lighting. Was (and still am ) considering running a co2 generator in my main room but I dont think I need the extra heat generated even though its a water cooled gen.
So to keep it about lighting it wouldn't really be a fair comparison.
Everything will go into similar rdwc setups and nutrient schedule/lineup.

W00t w00t.
Just got tickets for R40.
This is gonna be Rush's last major tour, catch it if you can.

0081490.JPG
0042098.JPG
0012387.JPG
So I'm basically at a boring point in my grow so I thought I'd post some photos of last run.
303 Grape Ape X Yeti tester.
This was good is all I have to say.

Back
Top Bottom