The Happy Cola Company's Official Ground Up Medical Cannabis Grow Op

Hi there,
If it's just a one off purchase, then use SNS-25C for 25% off coming from this site. If it's a larger order or ongoing orders we have many awesome purchasing options. If that's the case, then sending an email to sales@sierranaturalscience.com will start that process. Any questions, please let us know. Thanks you all!!

We are about to begin harvest on row 4, then finish off with row 3. Before doing so, I had promised to take a few pictures without the 3000k lights on so I could capture the true colors of these girls. Here's the results of that this morning. All the photos are of either Gotham CIty Cookies or Purple Urkle. Both look edible...Enjoy.

20201228_160109.jpg

This is our Gotham CIty Cookies. She really in the most beautiful of our strains when in full bloom, and has always tested in the mid 26% THC. Even though I get to spend time with these ladies every day, usually under the guise of eye protection, I can't begin to grasp the beauty and rich colors like I can under a camera flash.

20201228_160224.jpg

The visual eye candy and trichome production under these lights still amazes me. Being able to grow these ladies using about half the electricity it takes under HPS still amazes me. Rock On Atreum! Can't wait to see where your going with the next line, though I think it's going to be hard to beat four 288 boards per fixture guys!

20201228_160230.jpg

20201228_160141.jpg

20201228_160148.jpg

20201228_160202.jpg

20201228_160236.jpg

20201228_160305.jpg

20201228_160325.jpg

And here are our Purple Urkle. This plant, hands down is one of the best smelling and tasting plant I've ever had on my menu. Certainly number one in this grow and has been a personal favorite of mine for a few years.

20201228_160343.jpg

20201228_160357.jpg

I wish I could describe the aroma of the plant. If you closed your eyes and smelled, you'd want to taste it, no doubt.

20201228_160408.jpg

20201228_160421.jpg
20201228_160427.jpg

Alas...all good things must come to and end. Such is the case for two of our strains, but for very different reasons.
I guess it's only fair to take on the Purple first, as she such a beauty, in both smell and taste with a euphoric high. Why would she get cut from the menu?
SImple. Two reasons for her. First, she's not a great producer. Second, even if she was, she takes FAR too much time to care for. Defoliation is a real nightmare. It wasn't so bad when I was growing for me, but commercial? No way. She's off the team for good. Can't win them all. Should have at least 6 to 8 lbs of this strain. Be some lucky bloke's top shelf item for sure.

Second cut. The 9 Pound Hammer. Though it took a company vote, in the end it ended up being a unanimous decision. The 9 Pound Hammer is gone...(sort of. We have a pheno we are trying to nail down and keep.) I won't even go into into trying to explain why, because I just don't know, but for whatever reason, our pest issue seems to be fond of the 9 Pound Hammer on a least a 10-1 ratio of any other strain we have. So much so, if she were a top producer (which she isn't) I'd personally cut her from the team as to being a bug magnet. She now reminds me of the last gal standing at the bar at quitting time. She probably isn't worth the trouble she comes attached with. Moving on.... :hmmmm: :headbanger:

Rock On Atreum! Can't wait to see where your going with the next line, though I think it's going to be hard to beat four 288 boards per fixture guys!

I'd love for you to swing by my journal sometime in the future. I'll be testing out their 6 bar LED Light in a tent of mine. The light should be here within a week and I'll start popping seeds.

I'd love for you to swing by my journal sometime in the future. I'll be testing out their 6 bar LED Light in a tent of mine. The light should be here within a week and I'll start popping seeds.

Consider me subscribed! :ganjamon:

At least your state gives small Ma &Pa operations a shot. When My state went med legal they made the point of entry so high (Millions) to get a license that only big companies could do it.

Same thing happened here in Canada. Until about a year or so ago, a Standard Licence was all you could obtain for a commercial grow. Deep pockets and steep upfront costs and you may still be rejected.

Now they have come out with “Micro” licensing but still expensive.

For either licence, you have to have the operation ready to produce, BEFORE they will come and look at your setup and give you a yay or nay.

So for the Standard licence, couple million out of pocket with no guarantee of approval, and the Micro will run 500k

yeah, ours you also have to have owned a commercial nursery for 30 years with 300,000 plants in it the whole time. Which seems fishy when we go to the dispensary and they're out of something because "their farmers can only use a certain percentage of their warehouse" or whatever and we're like
"but what about your commercial nursery with 300,000 plants in it?"
and the bud tender's like
"um...would you like to hear about our new grape flavored vape pen?"

I agree that outside money is coming in and buying up all of the licenses and/or farmers and shutting out the little guy.

Same thing happened here in Canada. Until about a year or so ago, a Standard Licence was all you could obtain for a commercial grow. Deep pockets and steep upfront costs and you may still be rejected.

Now they have come out with “Micro” licensing but still expensive.

For either licence, you have to have the operation ready to produce, BEFORE they will come and look at your setup and give you a yay or nay.

So for the Standard licence, couple million out of pocket with no guarantee of approval, and the Micro will run 500k
That is insane. You KNOW fat pockets are lining the pockets of those making the rules. It's a monopoly, and only club members can play. Thats wrong on so many levels.

Been a spell since I've had an update but rest assured, no where near enough hours in a day and things are moving forward.
I guess I need to note it took two grows to remedy and dial in our crop, and this one is going to be be stellar, but not so fast.
Let me back up a tad and bring you up to date with Oklahoma and her happenings in our industry, indoor growers especially. For one, this is the first time we've experienced what 10's of thousands of pounds of outdoor flower does to the industry, and it ain't pretty. So much so, a business model from two years ago is no longer a valid business model today. That's not a killer per se, it just means to have to adapt if your going to survive....and survive is what we will do!

The good news is it only happens once a year, and by the end of February most is gone until the following year. Since I like good news, here's some more. MOST dispensaries don't want the outdoor, because a lot of it herms out, has seeds and smells like alfalfa truth told. One can indeed tell the difference between indoor and outdoor, but there will also be those who want a 2 dollar gram. This is their smorgasbord of sorts.

Our "Happy Gotham City Cookies" strain has already became a staple strain so very unique in smell, taste and effect it sells itself, and at a non-deflated price in a very deflated market I might add :ganjamon:).

20201228_160202.jpg

I began showing samples (that are still in cure BTW) to a handful of dispensaries. Response has been stellar, while a handful are in disbelief we are able to produce these under LED lighting. Hat's of to Atreum Lighting for providing TRUE HPS replacements!

20201228_160224.jpg

Our Happy Gotham CIty Cookies IS one strain we are proud to hang our hat on, and is positioned to become a local favorite. One view and one smell is all it takes, even BEFORE lab test results, which go in tomorrow. Even in this saturated market, this is one strain that fly's off the shelf before it's even ON the shelf!

20201228_160230.jpg

Here are a few shots of the Happy Gotham City Cookies in cure.
20210110_154128.jpg
20210110_154153.jpg

Next up:
*Automating the curing process with plug and play buckets using wifi, an Arduino and a few probes.
*24 five gallon buckets capable of automatically curing 48 Pounds of flower
*Monitor temp and humidity with push notifications to phone or PC

Prepping for project: Converting the Media Shaker 6000 to be controlled using a phone app and wifi. Once we get this down, we'll move onto remote control automating the P.H. and E.C. of each reservoir, and a handful of other ideas to make life easier. I'm glad my son grabbed onto the Arduino architecture as well and fast as he has. Al I have to do is come up with a project, build it then let him automate it for me... Reap what you sow, right?:thumb:

20210110_154048.jpg

20210110_154146.jpg

With flower finally in cure, we ran out of room in the curing buckets, so I put together another 12 pack of buckets. The Craftsman freestanding shelves were designed to interconnect with one another, so I connected them and added another pump. This ups our cured flower capacity from 24 lbs to 48 lbs.
20210119_164357 - Copy.jpg

Simple enough, right? A once a day "burp", exchanging the entire volume of air each day DOES work, provided temp and humidity are monitored. Boveda bags do a great job, but there IS room for improvement here as well.

20210120_160825.jpg

Usher in the makings of the "Happy Cola Bucket Cure 24". The goal of this project is to not only automate burping or almost 50 pounds of flower, but to also monitor interior bucket temps as well as RH levels of each individual bucket, and display the reading on a screen.

20210120_194950.jpg

Each bucket will have one of these DHT-22's. They do the monitoring. We'll use male/female 1/8" stereo jacks for each bucket allowing easy plug and play removal of the buckets.

20210120_194922.jpg

The "brains" of the project in an Arduino Mega 2560 R3 board. This also allows easy expansion when 48 pounds in cure isn't enough. We just add another 12 pack module, and so on.
The little relay to the right of my hand will control the two 1200 cfm air pumps. We'll put a 115 volt dual recep on the side of the project box for easy plug and play operation of the pumps.

The more I think about it, the more I want to add more features into the mix. We can add a datalogger so we could review what was going on inside each cure bucket at any given time or back and a review each day of the process on any bucket we choose. If there was ever an issue, we'd be able to nail it down pretty quick. Some strains cure faster than others, and we can tailor "cure" programs for individual strains. We can also program "cured product" notifications letting us known which strain or which bucket is ready for packaging and sale. We can add high and low limits on both temperature and humidity levels inside the buckets and use warning lights, piezo buzzers or push notifications on our cell phones if any bucket goes outside of it's programmed parameters.

My goal here is to take a painstaking process and make it seamless, automated and predictably accurate and consistently repeatable. This should achieve just that.
Enjoy the ride....

The wheels of progress must keep turning, and one area we need to address is the addition of another top shelf strain.
What I learned about "top shelf strains" is this. You simply haven't a clue until you flower a few if they are going to be a good a producer.
Now, with top quality honest seed tenders, you can get a good idea, provided the accuracy of the claim. Mix in different growing conditions and its like tossing a wrench in the gearbox as far as nailing down length of flower time, nutrients and bud output per meter squared.
So you just have to bring a few up in the conditions you plan to grow with.
I have a lockbox full of potential possibilities, and after much deliberation, AND as a tribute to 420 Magazine, we popped a few 420 Carat feminized seeds
20210124_112012.jpg

420 Carat should be a pretty special strain and has been touted as "gold" among today's plethora of available strains today, so she earns a shot at becoming a staple strain for The Happy Cola, and what better tribute to the most kick-arse magazine on planet earth?
We have a large grow tent big enough to house one of our 12 Pack rolling hydroponic tables if not two of them. I'll put it together in the next week or so.

Since this thread first began all the pictures I have taken have been from my Samsung S-6 Active, a rather dated phone by todays standards I presume. Don't get me wrong, it takes pretty good pictures I guess, however, I ran across some photos I had my daughter take, who has a photography degree and enough camera crap to make me want to roll my eyes in uncontrollable 360's......

But....it does look like she takes better pictures than me. Here's a few she snapped for me.
The first is my beloved "Purple Urkle", who incidentally just made her final run. The rest are Velvet Bud . Enjoy!
490A9087.jpg
490A9089.jpg

We've kept a few Velvet Buds. The jury is still out on her as far as a keeper.

490A9092.jpg
490A9093.jpg

I'm REALLY going to miss the Purple Urkle. She's just WAY too much work for a commercial grow

490A9096.jpg

490A9097.jpg

490A9098.jpg

490A9105.jpg

490A9110.jpg

Back
Top Bottom