The Itsy-Bitsy Blue Spider Growing In My Closet

Ups

Hey everybody,

Thanks for stopping by my grow journal. Here, you’ll be able to watch and participate in my novice attempt at growing a single Blue Spider (Zambezia) seed from start, to a hopefully successful finish. Anyway I’m mostly making this journal so I can get the help I need in order to make this one a successful grow, so please stay tuned and pour out your wisdom... cause I need it!

Let’s see what’s cookin...

Strain: Blue Spider
Gen: Sativa dominant
Loc: Indoors
Soil : germination with generic soil for seedlings
Pot: Small coco pot for starters
Grow room:160x120x60
Light: LED TS600 by Mars Hydro
Temp: ~20C
Humidity: 50-60%

Sorry there won’t be any photos yet, but just imagine a little pot with soil in it and that’s basically it. Once she sprouts I’ll be sure to update.
I planted the seed directly into the soil and sprayed it with water. Besides a little prayer or two, that’s about it for now.

Allons-yyyyy!

Hey everybody,

Thanks for stopping by my grow journal. Here, you’ll be able to watch and participate in my novice attempt at growing a single Blue Spider (Zambezia) seed from start, to a hopefully successful finish. Anyway I’m mostly making this journal so I can get the help I need in order to make this one a successful grow, so please stay tuned and pour out your wisdom... cause I need it!

Let’s see what’s cookin...

Strain: Blue Spider
Gen: Sativa dominant
Loc: Indoors
Soil : germination with generic soil for seedlings
Pot: Small coco pot for starters
Grow room:160x120x60
Light: LED TS600 by Mars Hydro
Temp: ~20C
Humidity: 50-60%

Sorry there won’t be any photos yet, but just imagine a little pot with soil in it and that’s basically it. Once she sprouts I’ll be sure to update.
I planted the seed directly into the soil and sprayed it with water. Besides a little prayer or two, that’s about it for now.

Allons-yyyyy!
Hey @Ups how are you my friend.
Hopefully your seed pops.
Bill

Hey @Bill284 ,

Doing fine thanks. My other auto flower is still going strong. Buds are getting bigger and bigger, so I’m quite happy :)
Hope she pops too! Shouldn’t be a problem, it’s usually after she pops that things get complicated...
Anyway thanks for coming through!

A bud is born!

Four days after planting in the soil, 2 little leaves capture their first rays of LED light.
The soil has been drying out quite fast so I’ve been misting quite often. Now that she’s popped, can I keep misting? I know seedling receive more water from the atmosphere as roots develop but I’m tryin to keep humidity on the lower end (around 50%) because their is my other plant in flower at the same time. I know it’s not the best idea but I needed to get this one going and it’s the only space I have. Any tips for keeping things moist without drowning her? I’ve had a few plants die letting the roots dry out...
thanks for any help guys!

7BC23F1E-5C79-408A-8275-CB00AA18F5EF.jpeg

93C0E6C3-42C3-416D-9487-DBA23065504A.jpeg

A bud is born!

Four days after planting in the soil, 2 little leaves capture their first rays of LED light.
The soil has been drying out quite fast so I’ve been misting quite often. Now that she’s popped, can I keep misting? I know seedling receive more water from the atmosphere as roots develop but I’m tryin to keep humidity on the lower end (around 50%) because their is my other plant in flower at the same time. I know it’s not the best idea but I needed to get this one going and it’s the only space I have. Any tips for keeping things moist without drowning her? I’ve had a few plants die letting the roots dry out...
thanks for any help guys!

7BC23F1E-5C79-408A-8275-CB00AA18F5EF.jpeg

93C0E6C3-42C3-416D-9487-DBA23065504A.jpeg
Yeaaaaaa.
Bill

And look at that.
This is not something I am unfamiliar with. My seedling damps off, only 3 days after sprouting. I’ve been misting ever so slightly each day just to keep the soil moist, but I can’t tell here if she damped off from moisture or drought. Usually doesnt feel like I have any control. Whether I water more sometimes or less other times, something always seems to go wrong after she sprouts and I just can’t figure out what gives... such a bummer.

987BD736-46FE-4F51-80FC-09AC9DD40445.jpeg

And look at that.
This is not something I am unfamiliar with. My seedling damps off, only 3 days after sprouting. I’ve been misting ever so slightly each day just to keep the soil moist, but I can’t tell here if she damped off from moisture or drought. Usually doesnt feel like I have any control. Whether I water more sometimes or less other times, something always seems to go wrong after she sprouts and I just can’t figure out what gives... such a bummer.

987BD736-46FE-4F51-80FC-09AC9DD40445.jpeg
Prop her up gently and fill in around the stem for support. Hurry before it dies.
Get some light closer to stop stretching. @Ups

Hey @Bill284,

thanks for the advice.. how’s that?

But still... whhyyyyyyy??!

0ECA1816-DA4A-4D82-9AF5-7B230B6B125F.jpeg
When the seed pops its objectives are to get light and root.
Top and bottom grow at same time. If the leaves don't get enough light energy she thinks she is in shade so I need to go up to get more light.
If she gets too high she can't support herself and flops over.
Get her some light and she will squat and start vegging for you.
Looks good now.
Bill

When the seed pops its objectives are to get light and root.
Top and bottom grow at same time. If the leaves don't get enough light energy she thinks she is in shade so I need to go up to get more light.
If she gets too high she can't support herself and flops over.
Get her some light and she will squat and start vegging for you.
Looks good now.
Bill
I never would have thought that it was simply the weight of her stem that caused her to fall over! I was sure it was something to do with the water or lack there of.
Anyway, I sure hope you’re right! Thanks for the input :)

Back
Top Bottom