The pistiles of the plant are closing

jonsgrow

420 Member
My flowers are in week 5 of flowering but right now the pistiles are closing and the flower hasn't develop as big as it normally should
The straight is Ice and I have beds that I have put nutrients and some of them I haven't and they all look the same, can somebody tell me what happened here???

16546366841505025134873118369562.jpg

16546367273988983930292904414341.jpg

hmm they still have a few weeks to go and could possibly develop foxtail pistils but to answer your question….

so many factors drive plant yields and without more info we’d be better served throwing darts at Wall Street journal to pick hot stocks

were they topped? what kind of training? defol or no defol? did you lollipop lower 1/3 of plant? started from seed or clone? autos or photos? how old are they? how long did you veg them?

most here advocate using a well known cannabis specific nutrient of your choosing and learn how to read the plants response. You don’t have to feed nutes every single time you water but regular feedings of great nutes will defs give better results.

what nutes? did you follow the manufacturers instructions on dose & frequency?

welcome aboard Jon

I’m not sure what you mean by “the pistils are closing”, but they look just fine to me. About where they should be for week 5 of flower. Much of the bud swell happens in the last couple weeks. You’ve got all white pistils still and the buds are still growing, patience grasshopper.

Hi @jonsgrow and welcome to the forum! your flowers are looking awesome!

I think you mean the calyxes are "closing," i.e. late-stage calyx development, when the stigmas start to turn brown and die. I think pistil refers to the base of the stigmas (hairs), which are contained within the calyx. I don't see a lot of stigmas in the photos, and they are still white, meaning not close to being ripe. So... by the time most stigmas have turned brown, and the trichomes are turning amber, your buds and colas may be a lot bigger. That's my sense. Would be cool to see more photos. happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom