The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

This is 5 weeks into flower.
I put her outside to get some natural light. I hope her buds fatten up
5 weeks.jpg

The pic below is the top off another quad. It is getting too big, too fast, so I've tried to supercrop it as I've got 5 weeks to wait until there is a space in the flower tent.
Supercrop.jpg

I've supercropped it at the edge of the pot and then trained it along the rim which unfortunately makes it look like a swastika. This one lives outside, hence the bug holes in some leaves.

Here’s a before and after of my second quad attempt, it’s a gelato photo, I want it to b a bush lol I think I went up the 5th node on accident, should I leave it or cut it down to the 4th?
A15AE457-2586-4DE4-84A2-EA0F5DB95F76.jpeg
41B57386-1567-4473-8089-C1CB8E7DF0E3.jpeg
1C0C9BD1-B2EA-487F-B176-920E6D6470F3.jpeg

I'm back and with me I have 4 peanut butter breath x zkittlez that will be getting Quadlined
20200806_195905.jpg

Ladies got their haircuts today. Will be doing more of a mainline this time as I am in no rush to get to flower so I figure this may slow things down. 2 mains left on each will be formed into 4 mains.
20200809_132502.jpg

I wanted to bring up a topic for discussion here. Removing shoots from our 4 main branches. We all remove the ones that come from the bottom I believe. But I know some of us thin them out even more as the life cycle progresses. We remove the shoots that are thinner and weaker. My hope is that maybe by discussing this as we go that maybe we can find a pattern. For example, if we find that we are consistently removing the 2nd top shoot from the upper branches because we notice after the stretch that it just isn’t gonna be very productive, then maybe we could remove it much earlier and free up all the energy that went into making that branch to be used elsewhere. Hope that doesn’t sound too confusing. Lol. I wouldn’t mind tracking this data if you guys are willing to share the info with me.

This is the type of data I am into figuring out also. Good to see like minded people. I am on my first grow and started super late but the mad scientist in me has always been willing/wanting to go deep. I always reach paralysis by analysis. I have a 250 watt series 3+ from budgetLED but no tent yet(soon I hope, I need to figure out unemployment or a job with this corona virus stuff) and an order of seeds on the way. I will probs end up poping these next season unless I get a tent and time to do so. I have done a lot of research and I think I am going with quadlining and LST with all of my plants, even the ones I place outside to flower as it just looks like it's the best yeilding possibilty (besides hydro which I can't say I am interested in) with very little set back in growth cycle.

Has anyone quadlined and placed outside to flower or just quadlined an outdoor plant?
I am currently vegging outside whilst I wait for space in the flower tent.
These go in next
Veg 1.jpg

I started quadlining some more of these last week
veg 2.jpg

The nights are getting shorter, so I expect some to start going into flower before they hit the tent. It's too wet here to let them finish up outside though

One of the things I like about quadlining is that you have fewer, larger plants, so if it is a nice day, I take the 4 plants out of the flower tent and let them have a day in the sun.

This is the type of data I am into figuring out also. Good to see like minded people. I am on my first grow and started super late but the mad scientist in me has always been willing/wanting to go deep. I always reach paralysis by analysis. I have a 250 watt series 3+ from budgetLED but no tent yet(soon I hope, I need to figure out unemployment or a job with this corona virus stuff) and an order of seeds on the way. I will probs end up poping these next season unless I get a tent and time to do so. I have done a lot of research and I think I am going with quadlining and LST with all of my plants, even the ones I place outside to flower as it just looks like it's the best yeilding possibilty (besides hydro which I can't say I am interested in) with very little set back in growth cycle.
I never have been able to put together any kind of pattern as far as which branches make it and which ones don’t. I think there are too many factors that can stunt the growth of one branch.

I am currently vegging outside whilst I wait for space in the flower tent.
These go in next
Veg 1.jpg

I started quadlining some more of these last week
veg 2.jpg

The nights are getting shorter, so I expect some to start going into flower before they hit the tent. It's too wet here to let them finish up outside though

One of the things I like about quadlining is that you have fewer, larger plants, so if it is a nice day, I take the 4 plants out of the flower tent and let them have a day in the sun.

That is a factor that got me interested in quadlining, it seems easier to get in the tentfor plant care. Another is, I like my sativas so height restaints come into play and this seems to be an easy way to manage that.

What strain(s) is/are these?

That is a factor that got me interested in quadlining, it seems easier to get in the tentfor plant care. Another is, I like my sativas so height restaints come into play and this seems to be an easy way to manage that.

What strain(s) is/are these?
Cannatonic , CBD Critical Mass and CBD Critical XXL so nothing really pure Sativa.
I've just been given some Stardawg clones, but they are small just now and might go out later.
The forecast here is rain and dull conditions for the next 2 weeks in the North of England.

@Desormais

Cannatonic acts like an indica for me but that could just be harvest time and/or growers ways. I haven't had the other two but you should get yeild from anything with Critical Mass in it. I like CBD Mango Haze fom CBD Crew and I just got some Nurse Lilly seeds. Harlequin is also good but I can't find any seeds I am willing to grow of it. Unfortunately it seems people have moved away from the original already. Trident or Mega Buds seems to be another good CBD strain for me. When I find it at the dispensaries here it's under both names and while I couldn't find Trident seeds I finally came across this Mega Buds(the second time I got some this is what it was called) and it has the right terpene profile along with CBD:THC ratio so I am hoping it's the right one. I will probably eventually get the seeds.

Stardawg could be good, still in search of the elusive chem '91 one though =]

Weather here is super fucking hot for the forseeable future.

I don't know which phenotype I'll get, so I grew 2 x Cannatonic seeds this year. The pics are clones from them.
I've never tried a pure CBD plant before, so that should be interesting.
With my 1st grow, last year, I had terrible problems with high temp and humidity and I've found that its easier to control in a bigger tent than a smaller one.
The addition of silicon (Potsil) might have made the plants a little more robust too.
All this is for the plants inside.
The vegging plants outside get rain and pissed on occasionally and that's it for them.

I like my CBD with some THC. Pure CBD doesn't do much for me. I smoked an entire eighth in one sitting and got a mind shift for maybe ten minutes. I don't smoke or vape often and when I do it's more times than not CBD dominant just to give you an idea of tolerance. I just bought a seed that is a 30:1 80% sativa. I am hoping I like the results so I can get more and create something with 5% THC and I'm hoping around 20/25% CBD. I'd be happy with 3% THC. Something that would just push me away from depression and help me focus w/o getting me high.

I'll end up with a 3x3 soon enough. I have an LED to put in it so temps shouldn't be to crazy. I live in SoCal so humidity shouldn't be a problem either, maybe in the winter when we get some rain but over all not really.

I will be using silica next go, I am in the process of figuring out which one, do I want to add it while plants are in the soil, during soil recharge or both etc.

Lol at your outdoor. At least they get some nitrogen I suppose.

I like my CBD with some THC. Pure CBD doesn't do much for me. I smoked an entire eighth in one sitting and got a mind shift for maybe ten minutes. I don't smoke or vape often and when I do it's more times than not CBD dominant just to give you an idea of tolerance. I just bought a seed that is a 30:1 80% sativa. I am hoping I like the results so I can get more and create something with 5% THC and I'm hoping around 20/25% CBD. I'd be happy with 3% THC. Something that would just push me away from depression and help me focus w/o getting me high.

I'll end up with a 3x3 soon enough. I have an LED to put in it so temps shouldn't be to crazy. I live in SoCal so humidity shouldn't be a problem either, maybe in the winter when we get some rain but over all not really.

I will be using silica next go, I am in the process of figuring out which one, do I want to add it while plants are in the soil, during soil recharge or both etc.

Lol at your outdoor. At least they get some nitrogen I suppose.

Good luck to you.

My first go at quads should be finished in a month or so.

I'll leave some pics here.

Back
Top Bottom